Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corporate Tax for new Irish Businesses

Options
  • 08-04-2012 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi I have read much about the UK Government's plans to release up to 20 Billion pounds to their high street banks. This cash will be given primarily for lending to small and emerging businesses.

Can I set up a UK company with offices in N. Ireland or U.K. and then my E.U headquarters in Rep of Irl to avail of the corporate tax rates??

My other idea is to set up a Irish Co. and a subsidiary in the U.K who will then apply for a business loan?

As Irish banks are not lending I am looking at all possibilities. Any experience in this area or advice on where I can find answers to the above is welcome. Thanks D:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭dbran

Would you consider paying for such advise rather then trying to get it for free on an online forum from a faceless unknown who actually may be clueless but initially appears to be knowledgable due to their manner of posting?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

If you already had a business in another country I think they wouldn't count you as a start-up company.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Fitz123

Donaldo,

As dbran implies this is a complex area where you would need to take some professional advice. You are talking about setting up either a company in the UK and a Branch in Ireland or vica versa. Permanent Establishment rules etc etc come in in here and there may be a liability to both UK and Irish corporation tax.

Not exactly straightforward stuff, so you'd really want to do your homework before you do down this road, especially as it is only on the offchance of possibly getting a loan in the UK.

Advertisement