Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

need a little advice!!!!

• 08-04-2012 10:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭

yesterday as i was coming home from work i was coming off a roundabout and a guy ran into the back of me.he jerked me forward and dinted my bumper in two places.he admitted he was wrong gave me his name,number and insurance details and he told me get the fixed by whoever i wanted to.he didnt want me to call the guards and seen as it was minor and he admitted liabilty i said fair enough.today though im feeling stiff and sore in my lower back im hoping itll pass in a few days as i cant afford to miss anytime in work.i had a previous car crash 3 years ago(not my fault) and since than ive had back problems i dont wanna claim but if im still stiff and sore in a few days does anyone know where i stand thanks :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Have you spoken to your own insurance yet? That would be the first call I would make. If you're fully comp, then you might have legal expense cover. Your insurance will call the third party's insurers and tell them you're claiming from them. I would add the injury as well.

I don't know what happens here, but I would get a doctor's report verifying your injuries. Did you take photo's of the damage, and the other party's car/reg plate?

As a matter of interest - why did the other party not want to call the Gards?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭xxlauraxxox

he decided not too as it was so minor and when i rang my brother he said that their would be much need as he wasnt disputing been wrong i havent spoken to any insurance or garages yet as it happened at 6o clock yesterday so i gotta do that tuesday.havent been to a doctur yet either im working tomorrow might go in and so can i do something as i cant afford to miss time at all :( im hoping the pain will pass and it has just aggreavated my old injuries
    thanks for the quick reply by the way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

No problem. The only reason I ask why the Gards weren't called is that something similar happened to my BiL. The accident was 100% the other guy's fault (like yours). He didn't call the Gards as it seemed so minor. Neither did he call the insurance.

The other guy got there first and told a load of lies to escape liability which is still being sorted out now.

Just cover yourself. You don't want to be the one losing out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

The claim section in insurance companies is usually 24hr or at least open sundays and bank hol mondays, call asap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭berrypendel

yesterday as i was coming home from work i was coming off a roundabout and a guy ran into the back of me.he jerked me forward and dinted my bumper in two places.he admitted he was wrong gave me his name,number and insurance details and he told me get the fixed by whoever i wanted to.he didnt want me to call the guards and seen as it was minor and he admitted liabilty i said fair enough.today though im feeling stiff and sore in my lower back im hoping itll pass in a few days as i cant afford to miss anytime in work.i had a previous car crash 3 years ago(not my fault) and since than ive had back problems i dont wanna claim but if im still stiff and sore in a few days does anyone know where i stand thanks :)
    are you not obliged to report the accident to the gardai?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement