Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paid credit card bill twice by mistake

Options
  • 08-04-2012 10:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭

Had a bit of a dim moment a few minutes ago and paid my Ulster Bank credit card bill online despite having done so quite recently anyway.

Is it possible to get the money back or does it just reside on the card in my favour until I buy enough to clear it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭jayo99

the latter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭dev100

Take the money out thru an ATM or see if you can transfer the money online or just leave it there .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,623 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

dev100 wrote: »
    Take the money out thru an ATM or see if you can transfer the money online or just leave it there .

Then the OP will get hit with a cash advance fee, they will charge it, even if you in credit...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭dev100

Then the OP will get hit with a cash advance fee, they will charge it, even if you in credit...

Really ??? Even if you are in credit? Nothing surprises me anymore

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

I don't think you get a cash advance charge if the card is in credit, open to correction though!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

i overpaid my aib card before by mistake. i called them up and they arranged for a refund / reversal. it did take a few days though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,623 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

In fairness to the Issuing Bank (whom ever gave the card to the OP), the transaction will have going out via the relevant card scheme, and they would have paid a fee...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Tails142

Have a bank of ireland mastercard and I didn't get charged a cash advance fee when I withdrew cash from an atm with the card when I had it in credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I don't think you get a cash advance charge if the card is in credit, open to correction though!

Some banks do, and some don't. Older cards by default usually don't, but newer ones more likely do have the charge. I think it was the AIB click that got the ball rolling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭dearg lady

Davy wrote: »
    Some banks do, and some don't. Older cards by default usually don't, but newer ones more likely do have the charge. I think it was the AIB click that got the ball rolling

For real?! That's bloody cheeky, how can they justify it, when they're not advancing you cash if you have cash there! This stuff galls me!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement