Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pubs close tonight easter sunday night at what time ?

• 08-04-2012 11:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭

Grabs jacket and runs out the door ......

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

A decent pub will be having a lock in though tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

I would have told you but it looks like you've already run away :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Are pubs supposed to close at half 11? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

GarIT wrote: »
    Are pubs supposed to close at half 11? :confused:

The door gets closed at 11.30 during the week and at 12.30 on weekends. Once the door closes its at the barman's discretion really as to how much longer he/she keeps serving.

EDIT: Don't know why that cross face is above my post, I'm not angry at you. lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

If you want late drinks then go drink in your local hotel.
    Night porters do be bored on Sunday nights as there is hardly ever a function on

And management have fooked off home so the NP is in charge

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

The door gets closed at 11.30 during the week and at 12.30 on weekends. Once the door closes its at the barman's discretion really as to how much longer he/she keeps serving.

I never knew that at all, I thought it was like half 1 or something, I've known country pubs that stay open until 3 or after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭micropig

Well I've pulled through it was touch and go there for a the last 3 days

There's an eggtravaganza in my local pub tonight not closing at all:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 789 ✭✭✭The Internet Explorer

BONDHOLDERS ! !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭micropig

BONDHOLDERS ! !

I blame the banks
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

So did you make it OP?

Have you a refreshing pint in front of you and a cosy seat and reading these posts from your boardsie friends ? :)

Or are you wandering the streets in the rain? :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

its 12:30 because tomorrow is a public holiday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

My god this is so wrong... The barman has no discretion to closing times, it's law. Tonight, pubs are allowed to serve (and music stops at) until 00.30 on 09/04/12 and everyone out by 01.00 on 09/04/12.

Lock ins are illegal. You cannot be in a licensed premises after closing, however if a pub has a private sitting-room or kitchen off the main pub, alcohol can be served there for free until whenever they want.

But i do love the odd lock-in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Intoxicating Liquor Act, 2000
    Amendment of section 2 (prohibited hours) of Act of 1927.

3.—Section 2 (as substituted by section 25 of the Act of 1988 and amended by section 2 of the Act of 1995) of the Act of 1927 is amended by the substitution of the following subsections for subsection (1):

“(1) Save as otherwise provided by this Act, it shall not be lawful for any person to sell or expose for sale any intoxicating liquor, or to open or keep open any premises for the sale of intoxicating liquor, or to permit any intoxicating liquor to be consumed on licensed premises—

(a) at any time on Christmas Day or Good Friday;

(b) on any other day, as specified hereunder, outside the times so specified in respect of it—

(i) Saint Patrick's Day: between 12.30 p.m. and 12.30 a.m. on the following day;

(ii) the 23rd December: if it falls on a Sunday, between 10.30 a.m. and 11.30 p.m.;

(iii) Christmas Eve and the eve of Good Friday: between 10.30 a.m. and 11.30 p.m.;

(iv) the eve of any public holiday (other than Christmas Eve):

(I) if the eve falls on a weekday, between 10.30 a.m. and 12.30 a.m. on the following day, or

(II) if it falls on a Sunday, between 12.30 p.m. and 12.30 a.m. on the following day;

(v) any other Sunday (except a Saint Patrick's Day which falls on a Sunday): between 12.30 p.m. and 11.00 p.m.;

(vi) any other Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday: between 10.30 a.m. and 11.30 p.m.; and

(vii) any other Thursday, Friday or Saturday: between 10.30 a.m. and 12.30 a.m. on the following day.

(1A) The hours specified in paragraph (b) of subsection (1) in respect of any day specified in that paragraph are in addition to the period between midnight and 12.30 a.m. on that day where that period is included in the hours so specified in respect of the eve of that day.

(1B) In subsection (1), ‘public holiday’ has the meaning given to it by the Organisation of Working Time Act, 1997 .”.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

My god this is so wrong... The barman has no discretion to closing times, it's law. Tonight, pubs are allowed to serve (and music stops at) until 00.30 on 09/04/12 and everyone out by 01.00 on 09/04/12.

Lock ins are illegal. You cannot be in a licensed premises after closing, however if a pub has a private sitting-room or kitchen off the main pub, alcohol can be served there for free until whenever they want.

But i do love the odd lock-in.

I know its against the law but do any bar owners really adhere to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I know its against the law but do any bar owners really adhere to it.

Most would (in cities) as they are responsible if caught, not the owner/bar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭patwicklow

Many a nite i stayed up serving till 5-6am then be up at 8am to let the cleaner in and the day starts all over again

Advertisement