Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smoktech Carto's

Options
  • 08-04-2012 11:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭

Fecking Smoktech carto's! I've a DCT V2 and am very happy with it. The problem is the carto's. Bought 3 last week. 1 was good and worked well for about 5 days and started to lose performance. Threw in the second and it only worked with 1 battery. Tried to get the centre connection out a bit and fecked that one up. Just put in the third and noticed that the bloody hole is too low and is not inside the tank at all!!

Of course it's a bank holiday weekend and it will be Wednesday before I can expect to receive a delivery of more carto's.

I have another non punched DCC so I'll get by just topping up. Annoyed with Smoktech tho. Hole in the wrong place and crappy assembled carto's is not really good enough.

Rant over!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

I am sir digby chicken caesar of boge, resistance is futile

just get a boge tank and a carto punch :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

I am sir digby chicken caesar of boge, resistance is futile

just get a boge tank and a carto punch :)

Thanks Sir Digby. Really annoyed cos these carto tanks are really the way to go and I'm annoyed that the bloody carto's are such a weak link. From all the posts I see it looks like Boge is the way to go.

Who supplies them?

Just out of Liqua juice too of course!! I've enough Dekang stuff to get me by but I don't really like that stuff. Maybe thats the cartos too! I'll get by though.

These bloody bank holiday weekends are a disaster cos of the post!

aye, it's always bank holiday weekends everything goes wrong

afaik there are no irish suppliers of boge carto tanks
    chibi tank from parkes vaping
    or mini sub tank from momandpopvapourshop , they're both pretty cheap and shipping oughta take about a week

or you could splurge and spend 40 quid on an arry tank from arry on ukvapers :)

Cheers!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Are you down around Waterford at all over the next day or so?

I have a couple of spare Smok carto's with the flange I could give ya.

Was keeping em for a rainy day, and this appears to be your rainy....

• Advertisement

eeloe wrote: »
    Are you down around Waterford at all over the next day or so?

I have a couple of spare Smok carto's with the flange I could give ya.

Was keeping em for a rainy day, and this appears to be your rainy....

Thanks eeloe but I actually found another one and this one is fine. Guess I was just having a rant!

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Stefan_Cork

Had same issues with some of them too, probably just a batch where the middle part is all over the place.
    A bit annoying alright considering there price, more expensive than dekang/boge ones.

Had same issues with some of them too, probably just a batch where the middle part is all over the place.
    A bit annoying alright considering there price, more expensive than dekang/boge ones.

Yeah, bought three thinking I had enough for 2 weeks and 2 of the 3 had some problem. The hole punched in the wrong place is particularly ridiculous.

I bought them from a different vendor than TBS cos they were closed. Probably wouldn't have made any difference though anyway as it's a manufacturer issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Stefan_Cork

Yeah,

i bought 2 tanks v2 from TBS small and big one and there where real nice carts
    and worked up to a week or more roughly without any issues.
    Then i bought 3 replacements from ecigshop.eu at 2.75 a pop and there having
    those issues, so i recon its a batch related issue too.

I was first afraid one of my batteries gave up on me until i figured.

So i have chibi + dekang/boges for now, seems a lot cheaper too although i like the Smoktech tanks.

Well time will tell and i may order some more smoktech's or better even boge xxl's when avail again.

cheerio

Yeah,

i bought 2 tanks v2 from TBS small and big one and there where real nice carts
    and worked up to a week or more roughly without any issues.
    Then i bought 3 replacements from ecigshop.eu at 2.75 a pop and there having
    those issues, so i recon its a batch related issue too.

I was first afraid one of my batteries gave up on me until i figured.

So i have chibi + dekang/boges for now, seems a lot cheaper too although i like the Smoktech tanks.

Well time will tell and i may order some more smoktech's or better even boge xxl's when avail again.

cheerio

That's where I got my replacement ones too actually! TBS ones worked great. Maybe ecigshop have a bad batch or something cos we both had the same issues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Weird, I got the tank and carts from ecigshop and they worked great. Being cheep I only got the one flanged one and the others were black. I had to strip and punch them myself.
    Got 4 to 5 days from them, thats 15 to 20 ml throughput.
    Then ordered a box of five from the best shop and their rubish so far two days and they calf.
    I think Smoktec's QC is the problem or the materials are being sourced in different places which would not surprise me. The cost of filler or wick or wire can vary and with a mass produced item that has a margin of pence per hundred anything that reduces cost will be done.
    Not great for us end users as at 1.80 each we need to get at least 4 days min to make them cost effective.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Thanks eeloe but I actually found another one and this one is fine. Guess I was just having a rant!

Ah glad ya got sorted mate, nothing worse than sitting there on a Bank Holiday weekend stressed out when gear claps out!

:(

eeloe wrote: »
    Ah glad ya got sorted mate, nothing worse than sitting there on a Bank Holiday weekend stressed out when gear claps out!

:(

Yeah, and it's always the same on a bank holiday weekend! Just enough Liqua juice to scrape through as well. I just dont like any other juice. I get a rotten aftertaste off of the normal stuff from almost all of the Irish suppliers. I used to think it was the carto's but I think it's just the juices. I dont mind though because the Liqua stuff is not expensive for 30mls (10 Euro) and they've a pretty good range so I'm happy enough!

Tried Halo freedom about a month ago and it was a horrendous experience too!! It was rotten and stunk up everything that it came into contact with! :eek:

Maybe I picked the wrong one to try though because most people seem to love them.

halo juices are meant to change quite a bit after a few weeks sitting

have you tried the irishvapers whitelabel juices? some lovely ones there

halo juices are meant to change quite a bit after a few weeks sitting

have you tried the irishvapers whitelabel juices? some lovely ones there

Not yet but I'm going to try some next week. The ones that I'd like are a bit higher in VG though? Will they work okay with a carto tank? I like the way IV give the % on the description actually. Good vendor.

i dont actually know about the smoktech ones, from what I remember the holes in them are ****ing tiny

they dont seem that thick though

Yeah, the holes are tiny alright. I'm going to try some anyway.

No, I didn't but I suppose I should have. The flaws were indisputable. 1 hole in the wrong place on one and a second with a centre pin flaw. Just accepted that I was unlucky this time.

I'll start to get pissed off if I come across that many with issues together again though alright.

Yeah, I know. I've found The Vapour Store great that way before and the same for any of the other Irish sites too.

I don't really think my carto issues were related to the store though. Most likely a bad batch and they only cost a couple of euros so just said I'd take the hit this time.

I'll always have a few more on hand in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

I have purchased smoktech cartos from irishvapers and ecigshop recently and they have been working great, I had no problems with any of them. I think its hit and miss with all cartomisers and theres always gonna be the odd dodgy one or 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mrplop

I first tried Smoktech cartos quite a long time ago but couldn't quite get them to work for me. I got some from www.e-smokeireland.eu just recently and find them to be vastly improved upon, I actually think they tasted better than some of the Boges I've been using.

Looks like Smok got their qaulity control sussed to the point where they're really very decent now.

Advertisement