Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

retailer

Options
  • 08-04-2012 11:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

can any retailer out there answer this for me im thinking of opening my own business but how do retailers get their money from card sales from the banks?i cant figure this one out

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

Isn't it lodged to their bank account?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 louisefl

??????????????

Maybe I've misunderstood your question. Are you asking where the money goes when you use a debit card in a shop?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 louisefl

yes how does the retailer get their money for their goods that they sold to a customer using a card?

louisefl wrote: »
    yes how does the retailer get their money for their goods that they sold to a customer using a card?
    When you pay by card the money is taken from your account and put in the retailer's bank account.
    It works similarly to cashing a cheque in your account but a lot quicker.
    Usually the retailer will be charged for this service per transaction, sometimes this is passed directly on to the customer.

For a more detailed explaination see http://science.howstuffworks.com/debit-cards.htm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭DubTony

Pffft!

The perfect opportunity to really take the piss ...... Gone. :mad:

DubTony wrote: »
    Pffft!

The perfect opportunity to really take the piss ...... Gone. :mad:
    I thought she was a child so didn't seem right. Looking at her other threads she has a car!

Advertisement