Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

City Centre Pub that will cordon off area?

Options
  • 08-04-2012 11:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hi all
    I'm looking for suggestions for city centre pub that will cordon off an area for a leaving do? Maybe up to 30 people - ideally one that might give us soem free or discounted platters of nibbles for bringing in some much needed custom!
    It will be Saturday May 5th so not somewhere that will be jammers, the idea being people can talk, seats essential, don't really want a separate room that might feel only half full then...

All ideas from forumers welcome! cheers:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

I've been at a few functions in Doyles at the bottom of D'Olier Street and they're normally happy enough to give you a bit of space upstairs. Not the nicest of places but by no means awful.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

The bull and castle give some offers on platters I think, although that might be friday nights.

Your best best is to ring around - there's bound to be some pub that will want the business. For a leaving do, perhaps somewhere near the workplace or somewhere that the person/people leaving want to go to.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

The market bar will cordon off the upstairs area but I'm not sure if 30 is a big enough number.

I think MacTurcaills on Tara st and the Longstone on Townsend st will section off areas too but it's only seating. You still have to use the normal bar

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

Waterloo on Baggot St have a nice upstairs area

• Registered Users Posts: 9,505 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Messrs Maguire will also cordon off an area

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 Penguin231

thanks everyone for all the great suggestions, will check them out today!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Against the Grain would give you the upstairs part too and they do offers on beer sampler trays I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Hondo75

Was in the New Parnell Mooney a few weeks ago. Have done a good job and cleaned it up.They have an upstairs with Dj and smoking area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

The mercantile had a reserved area for a party when I was in there the other day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

+1 for the Bull and Castle. Started off my thirtieth there for a group of about 20 people. They laid on free platters and free beer (sol). If you get there early enough and let the barmen know they'll make sure that the tables are reserved for you. Only thing is that it does pack up. But the choice of beer makes up for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 saefraigh

chin_grin wrote: »
    +1 for the Bull and Castle. Started off my thirtieth there for a group of about 20 people. They laid on free platters and free beer (sol). If you get there early enough and let the barmen know they'll make sure that the tables are reserved for you. Only thing is that it does pack up. But the choice of beer makes up for that.

+1 for me too, busy most saturdays with decent crowd and alright dj later on, here's their promo stuff
    http://buyirishbeer.blogspot.com/2012/04/birthday-promotion.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

We had a reserved area and a deal on platters at the Porterhouse on Nassau Street before for about 30 people - worked out well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

BRANNIGANS on Cathederal St have lovely room upstairs our Club meets there club meets there from time to time platter about 3/4€ and if you drink enough it's free.

Advertisement