Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old Grey Whistle test- music that makes you smile...

Options
  • 09-04-2012 12:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,578 ✭✭✭

Fair enough its early in the morning but I'm goin through my collection of Clips from the Old grey whistle test and there is some unbelieveable material. I will mention but a few as examples.

There is the classic Dutch band 'Focus' doing Sylvia followed by the outrageously different Hocus pocus, If anyone is not familiar with a yodelling rock song then stop reading this and go to youtube. It is the absolute encompassment of music that makes people smile. I swear half way through the song the band are laughing at the singer. Its okay to laugh though because it is a spectacular performance.

Then theres Meatloaf bearing his teeth at the lovely Carla in 'Paradise by the dashboard light'. unreal stuff. Sweat and tears galore.

And Tom Traubert's blues....

What I am looking for is other peoples highlights from this great show. I have more but surely there are other people who get joy from the music they recorded for us. I'm not looking for the random music people like- more like the one stand out performance that people always go back to when it is absolutely necessary.

Any examples...?:D

Comments

Advertisement