Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Merge

Options
  • 09-04-2012 1:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭

Poker Nordica went out of business last week.

I was reading on poker scout a while back that merge has an average of 900 cash players a day and obviously Carbon would have the bulk of those players.

Considering how poor the traffic is on Merge and that they are ignoring the UIGEA do you think Carbon will shut down any time soon?

Are there any problems with poker nordica players receiving their funds?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,399 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Don't think you'll get too many Merge players here.
    Thread on 2+2 with more info re Nordica.
    http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/28/internet-poker/poker-nordica-has-closed-1188272/

In general I wouldn't be keeping too much money on a Merge skin these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭shangri la

What is the main sunday tournament on merge?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

According to a guy who supposedly received a visit from secret services, all poker rooms still accepting US players are sinking ships..

Link

Whether this story is true or not, I think you're taking a huge gamble putting funds on a Merge skin. That said, there are sites such as Muchos that let you xfer in and out instantly, so you could just transfer funds before and after each session for extra protection. Good rb deals available too, check out the sig :)

I wouldn't worry about the few quid I have on carbon. If it goes I won't lose sleep over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Smoores

Carbon is just a "skin" on the Merge network. So you can be on Lock, RPM, BCP, and others yet be playing players that are currently on other "skins". I wouldn't put any money on that you aren't comfortable enough with having taken from you at any given second. That said, it is a good little entertainment source and there are enough players to make it worth your while

• Advertisement

I only signed up because they were stopping new signups getting rakeback a week later. I dont see any benefits to staying and its not softer than ipoker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 larrylee5566

shangri la wrote: »
    I only signed up because they were stopping new signups getting rakeback a week later. I dont see any benefits to staying and its not softer than ipoker.
    why ? login in don't have any error

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭The Irish Riddler

why ? login in don't have any error
    what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 larrylee5566

what?
    :) No problem only reply to shangri la the sign up

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭The Irish Riddler

Turns out Lock Poker is leaving Merge at the end of the month and taking 40% of the traffic which will leave Merge as the 12th largest site/network.

Lock is buying the cake network.

Advise to withdraw from Merge, where there is smoke...

• Advertisement
Advertisement