Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much would one pay for an Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 with Mobo and Ram?

Options
  • 09-04-2012 1:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Sup guys!

I'm upgrading my rig soon, and I'm wondering what a bro would pay for:
    -Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
    -Abit Aw9d-Max
    -4gb Kingston HyperX (DDR2 of course)

Looking to get some cash for the upgrade... :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Q6600 is quite popular CPU, I could see you getting 60-70eu for it on adverts.

Ddr2 is getting rare now, maybe 30-40eu

Mobo is a hard one. Maybe 30-40eu, maybe less, but I won't be surprised if you sell other 2, and mobo will be still on your hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

Yeah, the Q6600 is still a good CPU these days,
    so I reckon probably about €70-80 for the CPU.

Although it might be better for you to sell it all together as a bundle,
    maybe try it on Adverts for around €160,
    although you will probably be haggled down to ~€140.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Not to hijack this guy's thread, but how much do people think I could get if I was to sell:

CPU - i7 950
    Motherboard - X58A-UD5
    RAM - 6GB Corsair Dominator
    GPU - GTX 580 (and waterblock)

My parents are going to be in the States over the Summer, so I'm thinking Z77 Ivy + 6/780 might be possible without too much collateral.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Fugros

Q6600 is quite popular CPU, I could see you getting 60-70eu for it on adverts.

Ddr2 is getting rare now, maybe 30-40eu

Mobo is a hard one. Maybe 30-40eu, maybe less, but I won't be surprised if you sell other 2, and mobo will be still on your hands.
    Moon54 wrote: »
    Yeah, the Q6600 is still a good CPU these days,
    so I reckon probably about €70-80 for the CPU.

Although it might be better for you to sell it all together as a bundle,
    maybe try it on Adverts for around €160,
    although you will probably be haggled down to ~€140.

Sounds decent enough. The Q6600 is indeed a lovely cpu, even still!

Keep in mind the AW9D-Max is pretty much the best board Abit ever made for 755 socket...had every feature imaginable at the time...dual LAN, extra molex power for SLI, fairly decent audio, native raid support on 2 controllers, excellent bios for oc etc.

Fugros wrote: »
    Sounds decent enough. The Q6600 is indeed a lovely cpu, even still!

Keep in mind the AW9D-Max is pretty much the best board Abit ever made for 755 socket...had every feature imaginable at the time...dual LAN, extra molex power for SLI, fairly decent audio, native raid support on 2 controllers, excellent bios for oc etc.

it used to be good, but it is moraly old. at this stage no one will want to pay big money for old socket. your best bet to sell ram and CPU, because good few systems are on Dual CPUs and 2gb ram, so they will look for cheap upgrades. thats why Q6600 is so popular and ddr2 is hard to get these days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Fugros

it used to be good, but it is moraly old. at this stage no one will want to pay big money for old socket. your best bet to sell ram and CPU, because good few systems are on Dual CPUs and 2gb ram, so they will look for cheap upgrades. thats why Q6600 is so popular and ddr2 is hard to get these days.

Good point ShadowHearth!

Hopefully someone will buy the cpu and ram, and then maybe some other poor soul's 755 board died and they just want a cheapish replacement for it :P

Serephucus wrote: »
    Not to hijack this guy's thread, but how much do people think I could get if I was to sell:

CPU - i7 950
    Motherboard - X58A-UD5
    RAM - 6GB Corsair Dominator
    GPU - GTX 580 (and waterblock)

My parents are going to be in the States over the Summer, so I'm thinking Z77 Ivy + 6/780 might be possible without too much collateral.

really hard to say. brand new those are expensive, but no one will go for it as alternative modern stuff is quite cheaper.

would you still be able to get around 120eu for cpu? and 80eu for mobo?

280-300eu for gpu alone? its hard to recomend 580 over 7870 at this stage.

i might be wrong on all of those, so please dont get offended :o

Nah, I know I'm in a pretty bad position. I'd say €300 for the GPU is doable. I'd hope to god I'd get more than €80 for the motherboard though. Cost me €250 new.

Nah, I know I'm in a pretty bad position. I'd say €300 for the GPU is doable. I'd hope to god I'd get more than €80 for the motherboard though. Cost me €250 new.

It's still a great mobo, but the socket is old. You can get 1155 socket mobo with all those feutures as standart for around 120eu. It's ****, but that how silicone rat race goes :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

Just to give you an idea, i'm picking up that board and a multi option reservoir for 90.

• Advertisement

LOL, well you happened to get an amazingly good deal then. If I was only going to get €70 or whatever for the board I'd just keep it. I'm only going to try and upgrade if I can get enough funds from existing hardware. Don't have the money otherwise.

LOL, well you happened to get an amazingly good deal then. If I was only going to get €70 or whatever for the board I'd just keep it. I'm only going to try and upgrade if I can get enough funds from existing hardware. Don't have the money otherwise.

well at this stage you are in same position as i was. there is/was no point selling my old q6600 3gb ram 6870 as i would get totally feck all for it. i just gone for new build and kept it as media centre in bedroom.

Yeah, except I don't have the money for that. I'd love to start over with a fresh build, really. I just can't afford to, and won't be able to for a while unless something pretty big changes. I've worked out that I can get new stuff for about €750, for my ideal set of components (so could go a bit cheaper if needed). If I can sell everything for around €700, maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

Yeah, except I don't have the money for that. I'd love to start over with a fresh build, really. I just can't afford to, and won't be able to for a while unless something pretty big changes. I've worked out that I can get new stuff for about €750, for my ideal set of components (so could go a bit cheaper if needed). If I can sell everything for around €700, maybe.

In fairness them three parts would never sell for 700? If you get 300 for the 580 which will be harder as you voided warranty with the waterblock and There is no way of getting 400 for the other two parts? Or are you selling other parts also to fund this?
    If people had that much cash for them 3 parts why wouldnt the spend the little extra on more new parts like the effecient sandybridge with much more overclocking potential. Its **** I know (I have two i7 920 rigs and if went to sell them would be in the same boat as you)

You void your warranty by overclocking. You void your CPU warranty by using a third-party cooler. Means nothing. I also have the waterblock for the 580, RAM, CPU and motherboard. I'd imagine 60, 60, 120, 140 is doable with brings me most of the way there. I don't want this to turn into a big flame war over what parts are worth by the way. I know you can get the same performance for less (RAM, for one, It's "performance" RAM, cost me €150 new, but just because you can get the same performance for €30 value RAM doesn't mean I should sell it for that price).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

No, but nothing is worth anymore than what people are willing to pay. If I've read that right, no-ones going to pay 120 for a Q6600, that'd be madness. You can get a faster CPU than that brand new for less...I really don't think there's anyway to get remotely near 700 for those parts.

Advertisement