Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change To Forum

Options
  • 09-04-2012 2:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭

We have requested a change to the way the forum works.

There is a NZ Forum and its seems weird we are also called AUS/NZ

To simplify things things in short we are suggesting this Forum becomes just the
    Australia Forum.

The request is here and if anyone has any objection to the plan please add comments to the suggestion.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056600633

It was suggested by me but I only want to see it go ahead if there is no major issue with it.

Happy Easter[

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Kiwis OUT!

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

I don't think anyone would have a problem with that. The only thing I'd say is that it is very hard to find the NZ forum. I only found it through chance. It is in the Living Abroad section of the Region forum. There could be some links in there to make accessing it all easier. The Oz/Nz forum has a link in the Travel and Living Abroad section, whereas NZ forum is not in Travel section.
    A forum for travelling in SE Asia would also be handy as a lot of people seem to use that route.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

Yep totally agree, the NZ forum is hard to find and lots of stuff that gets asked in here about NZ can descend to page 2 or 3 before someone sees it and gives a response.

Would be cool if people could add their support or comments to the request thread as Zambia said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Just a note to say this is being a sticky till a decision is made.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭kiwipower

I think there is often a lot of cross over of topics between the NZ & Oz forums. There is also a lot of traffic between Boardsies, Irish, Kiwis & Aussies (sometimes we let them in to Aotearoa) back and forth across the ditch.

I would think maybe keeping them together and having specific sub forums for NZ/OZ and maybe Sydney/Melbourne/Auckland Antipeodians living in Ireland/Irish living downunder etc might work better?

I also agree the NZ forum took a lot of finding, and is actually under utalized as most posters tend to head for the main Aus/NZ forum.

Also would be interested in understanding what the "Linked from boards.co.nz." is all about. Tried checking out the web page once or twice and thought it rubbish not as big or as well laid out as the .ie version.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Just bumping this if anyone is in support of it be sure to show it on the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

Zambia wrote: »
    Just bumping this if anyone is in support of it be sure to show it on the thread.

I would support it, as long as the kiwi forum is active in itself (i never visit it..) and they want their own forum. And i don't understand how the NZ forum hard to find, you can get to it in under 1 second!

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭kiwipower

I would support it, as long as the kiwi forum is active in itself (i never visit it..) and they want their own forum. And i don't understand how the NZ forum hard to find, you can get to it in under 1 second!

Its the unusual location of the forum that causes confusion. It is also very underactive

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

I look at this section a lot and never knew there was a separate NZ forum....so maybe make it more accessible...or obvious then the split would be a good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

How we going with this request?

• Advertisement
Advertisement