Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dog testicles red raw

• 09-04-2012 3:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭

Hey im hoping someone could help me out please

My male shih tzu maxi got groomed yesterday, the groomer who i always take my dogs to went a little too tight cut on him he has a razor burn on his chest that doesn't seem to be bothering him at all.

His testicles though are red raw and he's licking the area alot more than usual. I examined them earlier on and was obviously very sensitive as he started to cry when i did so :( i really think its down to the groomer why his testicles are like this

i think i should bring him to a vet to at least get him checked out and see will he need to get any treatment or a cone to prevent him licking them. my boyfriend though thinks there's nothing that the vet could do because its only razor burn well at least we think it is.

i'm still bringing him to the vet but is there a vet or the blue cross opened tomorrow??? also does anyone have any suggestions on what to do to make him more comfortable until then

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭golden8

Rub Aloe Vera on the area, its a great skin calmer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 paddy crazy horse

it sounds like clipper burn. it happens when the blades on the electric clippers the groomer uses becomes too hot. it can be quite irritating to a dog. try weting a cloth or tissue and holding it to the area. it should help soothe it. it should clear up by itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Try putting used teabags on the area.

Poor little guy...:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭psychward

Try putting used teabags on the area.

Poor little guy...:(

yeah but how do you keep the teabags fixed in place without him shaking them off ? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Just dab at the area with it! Repeat every couple of hours (or whenever you have tea)...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

Or a bit of sudocreme.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭nadey

he wont let me touch them to put anything on he just jumps out of my arms or he just cries out in pain my poor baby :( even if he did allow me to put anything on him he keeps on licking the area as much as i tried to stop it, i defo need to put a cone on him i cant find a vet that open either

he loves baths and would stay in it for hours if he could gonna fill up the bath and leave him in it at least it will stop him licking for a while

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Does sound like clipper burn. Nothing much you can do really except maybe try put something cold on it if he'll let you and try not allow him to lick it. If it doesn't clear up take him to the vet.

i put him in the bath and he was in it for like a nearly two hours it seemed to help looks alot better now thank god he's not crying no more

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Polochlainn

Why was the groomer shaving his testicles??!
    Is Maxi trying to become a doggy adult movie star......

Cone is your best bet...
    Peace and love.

Advertisement