Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog found - what to do?

• 09-04-2012 8:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭

Hi,

So I found a dog about an hour ago (7.30am) not far from my home in Sandymount. She was soaking wet (obviously been wandering all night in rain) was stumbling around, so I got her to come back to my home, fed her and gave her some water, but I have to go out and can't contact any agency to help (uggh, bank holiday too!)

I think the dog is pretty old, but is extremely unstable on its feet, doesn't seem in pain, but staggering quit a bit.

I can't throw her back out on the street, but I can't really just leave her in my house for the day...

What should I do?? Is there anyone I can contact? The rescuse places are closed for the day, but say on their answering messages to call the local garda office, which I did and obviously they don't want to know about it....

I should also add that she didn't seem extremely hungry, but was very thirsty, and has a collar, but no contact details on it...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Ring Ucd vet hospital, they will scan her to see is she microchipped.

Advertisement