Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trim Balloon Fiesta - A bit disappointed! - Mod note post #70

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Jelly2

Unfortunately, I have to say that we were pretty disappointed, and we only went on Saturday evening. So we spent E5 each, for which we got three balloons and a few lights, and a reasonably good firework display. We didn't go on any of the rides - because the prices were extortionate. All of us, six adults, were pretty bemused by the whole thing, and won't be repeating our trip to it. We spent most of our time wandering around the field looking for what our E5 was supposed to be giving us. I don't like to be so negative, but it was hard to know what exactly we were being charged for.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭kormak

bumpydog wrote: »
    @Kormak,

As I stated in my earlier posts, we carried out market research at the event and the complainants were a small minority. It's like most things in life, it doesn't matter how many positives anything gets, it's always the negatives that shout loudest.

I don't care too much for market research and I'm not really too bothered either way, but at a glance of their Facebook on Saturday night it wasn't a pretty sight! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Ashbourne hoop

I went to it a couple of years ago and i thought it was crap when it was free, couldn't believe they were charging €10 in this year. Didn't bother going and from the comments on here I'm glad I didn't go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

There are arguments for and against the €10 entrance fee, but the biggest rip off in the place was the slide beside the carousel. A kid goes up with a mat, slides down once - €3 :eek:

kc66 wrote: »
    There are arguments for and against the €10 entrance fee, but the biggest rip off in the place was the slide beside the carousel. A kid goes up with a mat, slides down once - €3 :eek:

Ah I think they got 2 go's!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

I've had a read through all of the negative experiences here and, in particular, the choice of dates for the festival. As a commercial ballooning operator, over the past 10 years, the best two months of the year (most stable conditions) have been April and September (does anyone remember last weekend - or looked out of their window today?). Trying to put a similar festival in September clashes with so many other events, one such being the National Ploughing Championships etc. Last time this festival was held (2010), there were far less activities besides the balloons, leading to vulnerability should the weather be bad. In 2010, the balloons all flew the day before the event and conditions were ideal 3 days after the event. It doesn't matter what time of year an event of this type is held, it's a toss of a coin whether the conditions will be suitable (last summer, the three ballooning events were all completely blown out), hence there being far more at the event this year than previously i.e. skydiving demonstration, aerobatic display, paramotor display, 7 huge inflatables, free face-painting, magic shows, Cadburys Easter Egg Hunt, wacky races, puppet shows, kids disco, falcon displays (did I mention that all of this was free? - although certainly not to the organisers). The limited Pet Farm was caused by a last minute let-down by a certain large pet store in Navan, who promised rabbits and guinea pigs etc. Another local organisation decided not to attend leaving another gap in the offerings.

The balloons teams travelled to Ireland from Holland, Belgium, Germany, Switzerland, Italy, the UK and Ireland and were, naturally, bitterly disappointed not to be able to fly in this beautiful country. Despite this, they put on many displays and, in 3 or 4 cases, damaged and/or soaked their balloons due to the conditions). Yes, we had to pay all their fees and costs to attend.

One complainant even suggested that this was of no benefit to the local economy as there were no local traders. These were all invited but chose to only attend on the Sunday. I would think that a town filled with people and not a single free room in the town's accommodation providers is something of a benefit? According to the president of the Chamber of Commerce, the 2010 event brought in over one million euro into the local economy and observers this past weekend have never seen the town so busy.

One complainant here drew comparisons to the Vintage Car Rally and the Scurlockstown Olympiad (hay-making festival), both of which are held in the Porch Fields (both of which charge €10 entry). Yes, I attend both because those particular activities interest me, however, the level of offerings at either do not come close to what was provided, and funded, for the Easter Fiesta. They went on to state that their profits go to charity. Probably true, however, with little or no expenditure, and being run by voluntary committees, this can be easily done. There are likely to be no profits for the Easter Fiesta due to the huge expenditure in providing all the free activities. Those jumping fences or being deterred by the small minority of complainants on social media channels were probably responsible for that situation, And, of course, the weather didn't help the situation. The cost of the Night Glow on Saturday night, which was heralded a great success by attendees and local residents, did not come close to be covered financially by those who came to see it at €5 an adult (most attendees came free having bought a regular day ticket for one of the 3 days). I should add that most of the sponsorship for this event was in kind, and not direct financial support i.e. Cadbury's kindly donated the Easter Eggs for the egg hunt, VW provided us with 4 Amaroks for our foreign balloon teams.

Regarding the issue with dogs - there were three reasons that dogs were requested not to attend. Firstly, by far the largest number of complaints at the 2010 event was from parent who had their kids covered in dog sh*t (yes, believe it or not, there are irresponsible dog owners - I see now that Trim Town Council has, last week, implemented a €3,000 fine for the owners of dogs who litter). Secondly, some small children are actually afraid of dogs and, lastly, the owner of the birds of prey specifically requested that no dogs be near the birds. I am not sure if the comments about the birds carrying off the dogs was tongue-in-cheek, but it's simply due to the birds not settling prior to displays - the same reason that the kites were taken down 30 minutes before each display.

As a local Trim company (yes, one even complained that this was being run by a foreign company, and this should be stamped out!) we have spent the past 6 months, working 16 hour days to put this event on and we acted on the constructive criticism that was provided following the 2010 event. Should we decide (bother?) to run this event again, we will also take on board constructive comments in a bid to further improve the event. Those who posted on FB simply stating 'Rip off - don't go' could maybe email us, as requested, providing some constructive ideas.

The main comfort to us is that the vast majority of the attendees responding to our survey enjoyed the event and found it to be good value for money, one even citing the 7 inflatables alone being worthy of the entry fee as it entertained their kids for hours. Clearly, we would like constructive comments from those who felt that €10 was not good value.

As stated above, please email us at info@trimfiesta.com if you have constructive comments to make and we will do our best to address them.

Malcolm.

Thanks for the response, I get the feeling from the tone that you dont really agree that there was an issue with value for money here and that the event matched the advertising. I dont think it did. For instance, where was the "artisan market" advertised at the front of your leaflet? The only stall I remember seeing that was not selling directly consumable fast food was the stall selling nuts.
    Also, what was the situation regarding the DJ blaring out music at 7am Saturday?

Taking some of your points above,
    You obviously know much more than the average guy here about the best timings for balloon flights. I find it difficult to understand that early April is the best time as we were told that it was too breezy to fly....I would have thought that calm conditions weere more likely in the summer. Come to think of it I would recall seeing far more balloons in the sky in June / July than in April but could be incorrect in that.

You mention skydiving demonstration, aerobatic display, paramotor display, 7 huge inflatables, free face-painting, magic shows, Cadburys Easter Egg Hunt, wacky races, puppet shows, kids disco, falcon displays.....we walked around on Saturday and all I recall seeing was the excellent Falconry, a tent with a huge queue for face-painting that us, as adults & 11 yr old, were not interested in. Perhaps it was badly communicated but where were the puppet shows, magic shows, kids disco, skydiving demonstration? The plane circling was great. What were the 7 huge inflatables- was that the bouncing castles for younger kids?
    You commented that they were free - no they were not...we paid €30 going in!
    Also your comment about the €5 for the night glow....for me that was the only value we got for the €30 and I was the only one that went back for it, I thought the fireworks were very good. In fact that was the only time we saw a balloon as there was not a sign of a balloon during the day.

I am not sure that it is totally correct that the accomodation was all booked up because of the festival.....there was a very big funeral in the town on Monday and many came overnight for that. There probably was a lot of people booking to come to the festival but if they dont get value they wont come back.

Regarding the comparison to V&V and Scurlogstown, I am sorry to say that Scurlogstown is way ahead in my opinion as an attendee...it could be that the Scurlogstown activities contnue all day when the balloon festival activities are at different times and people can easily miss them.

Regarding, the balloon teams coming from different countries - could more of them not have got into a rota or something and attemted to inflate the balloons like they did in 2010? there was much more inflating / deflating of balloons then.

The final comment that related to the vast majority of attendees responding to the survey saying it was very good value for money - what survey was that? I wasnt asked to fill one in. Generally on threads on boards you get a good representative sample of people and (unfortunately) the feedback here is the opposite.

Finally, I dont doubt that a lot of work went into putting it on...people here were just commenting on their experiences and, hopefully, it will come back and get better luck with the weather in future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭bumpydog

@Kormak (again)

>>Nice to get the wee ones out, but there's reasonable and then there's taking the piss!! this WAS the later.

Serious question - what do you consider a reasonable cost to entertain your wee ones with the following - face-painting, magic shows, kids disco, puppet show, balloon modelling, 7 large inflatables, active and static birds of prey display, interactive military display, skydive display, stomp rockets, paramotor display, aerobatic display,model balloons, kite displays,tethered hot air balloons (some of which were damaged), the opportunity to go inside a hot air balloon, wacky races, play parachutes, easter egg hunt with Cadburys eggs, creme egg sampling (and Goo machine)?

Malcolm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

@Kormak,

As I stated in my earlier posts, we carried out market research at the event and the complainants were a small minority. It's like most things in life, it doesn't matter how many positives anything gets, it's always the negatives that shout loudest.

Bumpydog, as I said there was no sign of this "market research".......I am sure you have heard the saying "lies, damn lies and statistics".

Depending upon the timing and extent of the survey the results could have varied significantly, you would have needed to have provided a facility for most attendees across the 3 days to make their comments for it to be valid enough to go quoting here. I get the feeling that you dont really recognise that there was an issue at all.

@Kormak (again)

>>Nice to get the wee ones out, but there's reasonable and then there's taking the piss!! this WAS the later.

Serious question - what do you consider a reasonable cost to entertain your wee ones with the following - face-painting, magic shows, kids disco, puppet show, balloon modelling, 7 large inflatables, active and static birds of prey display, interactive military display, skydive display, stomp rockets, paramotor display, aerobatic display,model balloons, kite displays,tethered hot air balloons (some of which were damaged), the opportunity to go inside a hot air balloon, wacky races, play parachutes, easter egg hunt with Cadburys eggs, creme egg sampling (and Goo machine)?

I'm beginning to think that there might be one or two trolls in the area!

Malcolm.

Malcolm, do you officially represent Trim Hot Hair Balloon festivel?
    Because if you do, you have a very bad Customer Service manner about you!!
    And I take particular offence to being refferred to as a "troll".

Most of what you listed I persoanlly did not see and I spent the best part of an afternoon there...
    What I did see:
    Bouncing Castles & Slides - free and slightly chaotic with little organisation!!
    Trampoline & Bungee - €5 for around 3 minutes.
    A Parajump which looked good.
    Chip & Burger vans - Honestly looked around for these so called artisan food places and had to settle for a filthy burger!!
    Helter Skelter & Chairoplanes - cost approx €15 for around 5 go's!!
    A couple of balloons attempting an inflation which was cool to look at...
    Hawks & Owls which were impressive

But that's it!! I've been to tonnes of similar places/events like this before but the main difference was they had NO COVER CHARGE or if they did, then EVERYTHING WAS FREE!!
    I personally won't be going next year as you tend to wise up pretty sharply as to what's a rip-off and what's value for money.
    Having said that, everyone is entitled to make their own mind just like as a paying customer I'm also entitled to my own opinion!!

dixiefly wrote: »
    Bumpydog, as I said there was no sign of this "market research".......I am sure you have heard the saying "lies, damn lies and statistics".

Depending upon the timing and extent of the survey the results could have varied significantly, you would have needed to have provided a facility for most attendees across the 3 days to make their comments for it to be valid enough to go quoting here. I get the feeling that you dont really recognise that there was an issue at all.

That is simply not the case. I believe that there were 1,450 surveys completed ( I think only on the Saturday) and the result have not been fully analyzed. Of course, had it benn taken on Monday in the puring rain, it would have fared differently.

Of course we recognize that there is an issue. We are already addressing the issue of overcharging for food and/or drinks and will insist on seeing menus/pricing before admittance to future events (if there are any). One more result of receiving constructive criticism!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Didn't see any surveys there, and I was there for most of Saturday afternoon, then back later for the night glow.

I think if the expensive food/drinks and expensive rides (carousel etc.) could be addressed then it would go a long way to help. €6 for an adult and child to go on the carousel once is mental. After paying a cover charge, it just annoys people to have such expensive rides to fork out for, and you know what kids are like. It's clear that most people can accept a cover charge, but then things inside need to be cheaper.

Also, as a side note, credit again to the Trim Tidy Towns folk who had volunteers walking around picking up peoples' rubbish and keeping the Porch Field clean. Fair play!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

dixiefly wrote: »
    but where were the puppet shows, magic shows, kids disco,

You obviously missed these.....taken on two different days. Kids seemed to have great craic.

C7848CD6B730434E915F19978CF923F9-0000320339-0002812929-00640L-05B821A8BCA74901AFF5E5D3908E5287.jpg E1230ECF7815439EB2108EEDFCE1C847-0000320339-0002812930-00640L-F3FE9F00903840F3B4D264E85C833103.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 lilliesmurf

I was at the Balloon Fest at the weekend and I have to say that I thought it was worth while going. I went with my husband and three children and for a family day out I thought it was good value for money. We arrived around 12 o clock. First we made our way to the bouncing castles, which my kids loved. We spent around 40 mins there. Then my husband went on the Top Gear simulator which I thought was slightly over priced at €5 but then I cant blame the organisers for that. We made our way around the field to the children's marquee. The kids had a days entertainment for nothing. We watched the Birds of Prey display, the kite display and aero displays. The price charged by the venders and amusements are the normall price that I have come across at any event. I thought that the event was well organised with parking attendants and security at the gate. I know that the weather was not favourable for flying the balloons but then you can not guarantee the perfect weather when you live in our fair land. The Night Glow was brilliant and the firework display lasted for 30 mins. People may have annoyed about the balloons but I think there was plenty of other things going on if people were willing to open their eyes and go see them. Well done to all who were involved in the organising the event. My family and I enjoyed even if everyone else didnt.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 hightower1969

I feel at this stage I have to join this thread. I attended with wife and two children, 10 and 7. We had a weeeknd pass. Arrived early on Saturday morning(8am) and there were 2 balloons inflated(guiness was one, photo to prove :)) The kids enjoyed the marquee with face painting, disco. Got a breakfast bap and Tea for €5, pretty normal price from traveling the country on a daily basis. Then we had the falcon display, next we came across the chair rides and slide, this same slide was at Galway market at Eyre square charging same price. I gather these pricres were set by the external company. I vsited the Top Gear experence, €5 preety ok as you could see they travelled from UK and cost involved in that. Next up was the balloon area, kids had a ball. Went and spent the afternoon in the castle and around trim. Then came back for the MAGNIFICENT night glow, Fire jugglers, Laser men and the fireworks were brillaint. Funniest part ws the choreographer for night glow dancing on stool to music. We all went home exhausted and great memories. back on Sunday for more enertainment, easter egg hunt, Cream egg balloon was up, Both days we saw sky divers and air display and Sunday was Rescue helicopter. Car parking and entrance was well managed. Have been to events in the same fields before for far less value. Hope it ois there next year. Cant imagine waht cost of insurance, fuel to inflate balloons and the travel for the foreign balloons, big chick, darth vader etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

I was at the Balloon Fest at the weekend and I have to say that I thought it was worth while going. I went with my husband and three children and for a family day out I thought it was good value for money. We arrived around 12 o clock. First we made our way to the bouncing castles, which my kids loved. We spent around 40 mins there. Then my husband went on the Top Gear simulator which I thought was slightly over priced at €5 but then I cant blame the organisers for that. We made our way around the field to the children's marquee. The kids had a days entertainment for nothing. We watched the Birds of Prey display, the kite display and aero displays. The price charged by the venders and amusements are the normall price that I have come across at any event. I thought that the event was well organised with parking attendants and security at the gate. I know that the weather was not favourable for flying the balloons but then you can not guarantee the perfect weather when you live in our fair land. The Night Glow was brilliant and the firework display lasted for 30 mins. People may have annoyed about the balloons but I think there was plenty of other things going on if people were willing to open their eyes and go see them. Well done to all who were involved in the organising the event. My family and I enjoyed even if everyone else didnt.
    I feel at this stage I have to join this thread. I attended with wife and two children, 10 and 7. We had a weeeknd pass. Arrived early on Saturday morning(8am) and there were 2 balloons inflated(guiness was one, photo to prove :)) The kids enjoyed the marquee with face painting, disco. Got a breakfast bap and Tea for €5, pretty normal price from traveling the country on a daily basis. Then we had the falcon display, next we came across the chair rides and slide, this same slide was at Galway market at Eyre square charging same price. I gather these pricres were set by the external company. I vsited the Top Gear experence, €5 preety ok as you could see they travelled from UK and cost involved in that. Next up was the balloon area, kids had a ball. Went and spent the afternoon in the castle and around trim. Then came back for the MAGNIFICENT night glow, Fire jugglers, Laser men and the fireworks were brillaint. Funniest part ws the choreographer for night glow dancing on stool to music. We all went home exhausted and great memories. back on Sunday for more enertainment, easter egg hunt, Cream egg balloon was up, Both days we saw sky divers and air display and Sunday was Rescue helicopter. Car parking and entrance was well managed. Have been to events in the same fields before for far less value. Hope it ois there next year. Cant imagine waht cost of insurance, fuel to inflate balloons and the travel for the foreign balloons, big chick, darth vader etc.

Two more suspicious posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 hightower1969

I was there and back up all I posted.

Cant get photos up from night glow

kormak wrote: »
    Malcolm, do you officially represent Trim Hot Hair Balloon festivel?
    Because if you do, you have a very bad Customer Service manner about you!!
    And I take particular offence to being refferred to as a "troll".

Yes, I do, and I wasn't referring to you as a troll. I asked for constructive criticism and have so far received little so I won't waste any more time on this.

Malcolm

I am so sorry that you have nothing better to do than be suspicious of people.:(. My husband, children and I had a great day:p no matter what you thought.

I was there and back up all I posted.

Cant get photos up from night glow
    Love the pictures Hightower.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭niallam

In 2010 over 50 000 attendees descended on the beautiful Trim Castle field

So assuming 20-25% of those were under 12, that would mean there was an expected paying crowd this year of somewhere between 35-40K???

@ bumpydog -
    Malcom, why were some people with dogs allowed in and others not?

Why were so many comments deleted off both facebook and twitter, there was plenty of constructive criticism there that you didn't bother to reply to so are you going to reply here???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭niallam

Seems there were a lot of new members just to post on this thread :D not suspicious at all ;)
    Admin should check IP's as aren't multiple accounts against the rules? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 kizzy39

I have to agree with the OP, i was a bit disappointed too! I went in to the festival on Sunday during the day. I had been warned there was nothing really to see but went anyway to support the town and that.
    It took about 10mins to walk around the whole field as there wasn't a whole for us (me and sister) to do. No kids with us so the only thing that stopped it being a complete waste of time and money was the creme egg balloon they inflated for a while.
    I'm sorry Malcolm that you think the criticism here isn't constructive, basically people are saying they're sick of being ripped off! surely you understand paying in and then everything costing extra is very frustrating for people especially when your brochure has free written about 20times on it!
    The organisation of the festival, parking promotion etc was very good though and it is great to see festivals like this being held, people just need to feel they're getting something worthwhile for their money, which unfortunately didn't happen this time.

(i know i only have 4 posts but that's because i don't usually have much to say!)

Tonto86 wrote: »
    Very true.

All the positive comments on here are by newly registered users. It's obvious that Malcom is making the accounts himself

For the record, I had nothing to do with either of these accounts and have emailed the moderator requesting these libellous accusations be removed.

Isn't it great to be able to hide behind an anonymous ID and snipe/slander people in the comfort of your anonymity. That takes so much bravery.

niallam wrote: »
    So assuming 20-25% of those were under 12, that would mean there was an expected paying crowd this year of somewhere between 35-40K???

@ bumpydog -
    Malcom, why were some people with dogs allowed in and others not?

Why were so many comments deleted off both facebook and twitter, there was plenty of constructive criticism there that you didn't bother to reply to so are you going to reply here???

Wrong...gate income was well under a third of your guess. Under 12's account for around 50% of entries, plus all those who found the right fences to climb.

As for FB/Twitter, I have no idea, I was one of several admins. I am looking into this.

Regarding the dogs, I honestly don't know the answer. My guess is that staff at a gate changeover maybe didn't realise the rules or the dogs/owners found another way in. Sorry, I really don't know. For future events, dogs should be allowed with specific restrictions i.e. short leash/clean-up/stay away from young kids/birds/pet farm (if it shows up).

As for not replying here...I have been replying here and will continue to do so but, as I said earlier, I have far more frequent access to email at info@trimfiesta.com and will genuinely answer *constructive* criticisms/ideas.

Malcolm (not hiding behind an anonymous ID)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

...and here's a few more pics from the event.
    865F27EE327A4A9B85044F102F1D6A3F-0000320339-0002812925-00500L-2AF55ADF564D44D3B1F1D922841839A9.jpg 94E28B649BED4F94B8637C9898D43083-0000320339-0002812924-00500L-36C298442B3245D99C562F6BE0502957.jpg A855F1B64CC247C4A99712404910005C-0000320339-0002812923-00500L-15325FDBA46842378BA2051FF385F94A.jpg 169E70BF6CC64E1F989F00F32A46E973-0000320339-0002812922-00500L-AFB486FA507843F39E291B7327E14B7D.jpg 2BBF4C3FF8E843248F73E9D4400AFFE1-0000320339-0002812921-00500L-21761EEC419640A0BAB30E96284C2363.jpg F37EA81D749C497D9E99CDE0059CAF59-0000320339-0002811515-00500L-8BC8361916F74F2F962E205BFF5CB1D1.jpg FEF7293B899E40519928D21726506BD0-0000320339-0002811509-00500L-C4DF59DD041B4C1BBC5CB12F3423A884.jpg B9E148B6ED73476BBF05B63F53932A92-0000320339-0002811506-00500L-E8891F3D048E47119B6131E052A9E173.jpg A30C609C4DC24A47A0DCE25ACB7F1B25-0000320339-0002811503-00500L-92423EE5CB25467280E774BEDB312669.jpg

Have to say that I was there on all three days and while I was disappointed not to see more balloons, I did enjoy the other bits and pieces. The Birds of Prey were excellent as was the WW2 re-enactments. The kites were great - especially the guy with the fighting knickers. I didn't go on any of the rides but I thought the €3 was a bit much for the kiddies rides. I was in the kids tent a few times and each time the kids were having a ball - the entertainment for them was top class. The night glow, fireworks and the robot guys on Saturday night was the highlight for me, I really enjoyed that, as did the Missus.
    The big disappointment was the weather, especially on Sunday and Monday. The wind and rain really made it miserable.
    I've been to other events in that field and I have to say I didn't get a lot for my tenner. Take the Vintage cars for example. There isn't a lot going on apart from wandering around looking at old cars. I'm lucky in one sense that I'm a photographer and I'm happy taking photos of whatever or whoever is around me but if it wasn't for that I'd be disappointed in the Vintage show.

Yes, I do, and I wasn't referring to you as a troll. I asked for constructive criticism and have so far received little so I won't waste any more time on this.

Malcolm

You see... there you go again Malcom!! getting snipey with the customer!!!
    It's not me that's representing Trim Hot-air Ballon fest, it's you... and people are reading your comments & responses to legitimate board members (not trolls) and making their own minds up.
    If you stopped getting so defensive about things and started taking note of the negative comments, you might find it alot easier to remedy the experience all the more better, next year.

kizzy39 wrote: »
    I'm sorry Malcolm that you think the criticism here isn't constructive, basically people are saying they're sick of being ripped off! surely you understand paying in and then everything costing extra is very frustrating for people especially when your brochure has free written about 20times on it!

"Everything costing extra"? Constructive?

PLEASE read the above emails again as I'm getting a little tired keep writing it out again. Please show me what items that said they were free on the brochure weren't?

kormak wrote: »
    You see... there you go again Malcom!! getting snipey with the customer!!!
    It's not me that's representing Trim Hot-air Ballon fest, it's you... and people are reading your comments & responses to legitimate board members (not trolls) and making their own minds up.
    If you stopped getting so defensive about things and started taking note of the negative comments, you might find it alot easier to remedy the experience all the more better, next year.

Let me try one last time.....Yes, we funded the vast majority of this festival and spent the past 6 months putting this event together, so I am taking some of these posts personally (nothing was free, I set up boards accounts etc). I asked for one simple thing - send me personally an email to info@trimfiesta.com with *constructive* suggestions/criticisms/ideas and I will respond to each and every one. I can do no more than this. So far, from this thread, I have received NONE. Until that happens, I can only confirm that these 'legitimate' board members (yes, two positive comments were accused of being manufactured by myself) are happy to have a poke behind their anonymous IDs. I don't care who you or anyone else here are - use a hotmail account if you want to remain anonymous. Let's see who's brave enough to start the ball rolling.

Malcolm.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭marcus2000

didnt attend - just reading this out of bordeom. Some of the photos look pretty impressive and in my opinion all these festivals/events are overpriced anyway....

however, bumpydog- you really need to take a course in customer services. Despite what you are saying (I understand you take some of the comments personally), your attitude is appawling!! The only thing I've come away from this thread thinking is how rude you have been to your customers!!!! I think no feedback from the festival would have been better than your efforts!!(sorry)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Jelly2

Let me try one last time.....Yes, we funded the vast majority of this festival and spent the past 6 months putting this event together, so I am taking some of these posts personally (nothing was free, I set up boards accounts etc). I asked for one simple thing - send me personally an email to info@trimfiesta.com with *constructive* suggestions/criticisms/ideas and I will respond to each and every one. I can do no more than this. So far, from this thread, I have received NONE. Until that happens, I can only confirm that these 'legitimate' board members (yes, two positive comments were accused of being manufactured by myself) are happy to have a poke behind their anonymous IDs. I don't care who you or anyone else here are - use a hotmail account if you want to remain anonymous. Let's see who's brave enough to start the ball rolling.

Malcolm.

I hope that you are not including all posters in that judgement. I made a few negative observations, based on my own experience, and a positive observation too. My constructive criticism was that E5 was too expensive for what was on offer on Saturday night, simple as that. I constructively suggest that you either lower the price to reflect what is offered or leave the price as it is and give better value for money. Why is that not constructive?

Advertisement