Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shed door rain deflector

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fries-With-That

Lars wrote: »
    Hi, I'm lookin for a rain deflector for my shed door along the lines of this http://www.new-eskimo.co.uk/door_accessories.html
    Does anyone know where I could find such a thing

Thanks

L

All the main DIY/hardware stores will have these.

The cheapest way to do it is to buy a suitably angled hardwood moulding from the mouldings selection.

Pre-drill it yourself with a small drill bit and then use brass screws to screw it to the bottom of the door.

Something like this http://www.emeralddoors.co.uk/Door-Hardware/TIMBER-ACCESORIES/Hardwood-External-Weather-Bar/p-95-257-2083/

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Lars

Thanks. Hadn't thought of using moulded hardwood.

L

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

I know you think i am taking the pee. But they are everywhere that sells hardware.

Woodies today

Any builders providers tomorrow.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

You will pick up a weather bar in any builders providers for not alot of euros.

I would avoid Woodies unless you like being taking for a financial ride.

I asked for one of these in B&Q a few weeks ago and they said they didnt stock such a thing. I think the hardwood moulding looks like a winner so far, easy to fit and should do the job perfectly....

• Advertisement

Thanks guys, picked up an angled,predrilled aluminium strip in woodies. Its perfect, bead of silicone across the top and perfect...

L

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭donaghs

Hi, just wondering if people would also know where you can buy wooden shed doors? Northside Dublin preferably. The last time I went looking for them most of the DIY big stores didnt stock them, except Atlantic. And they dont have them any more.

Would anyone have other ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

donaghs wrote: »
    Hi, just wondering if people would also know where you can buy wooden shed doors? Northside Dublin preferably. The last time I went looking for them most of the DIY big stores didnt stock them, except Atlantic. And they dont have them any more.

Buy the timber and make one, it's a doddle. All you need are planks for the door and battens for the supporting Z frame, a saw, hammer and nails.

donaghs wrote: »

Hi Donaghs,
    I bought mine in B&Q. I think they were the last 2 they had(double door). They're softwood sh1t and theyve been a major pain the arse since I go them. Need to keep them painted to delay the rot and they shrink in summer and swell up badly in winter. SlimJims probably right, you'd be much better off making one, but make sure you use hardwood....

L

Advertisement