Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 33 Match Day thread.....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Mr Moon wrote: »
    67 points overall with 11 bonus points, brings me into the top 10 in boards, top 800 in the world.

Well ahead of my two money leages, all transfers ready up to GW 37, nose bleed under control too :p

Probably at my expense. As expected not being able to change my team ahead of the game cost me 15 points and has knocked me from 3rd in Boards to probably 11th. The one time I didn't need RVP massively outscoring Rooney...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

56 this week. Not great considering some scores in here.

I don't have Ben Arfa but no BP is a joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

roryc wrote: »
    Mr Moon wrote: »
    67 points overall with 11 bonus points, brings me into the top 10 in boards, top 800 in the world.

Well ahead of my two money leages, all transfers ready up to GW 37, nose bleed under control too :p

Probably at my expense. As expected not being able to change my team ahead of the game cost me 15 points and has knocked me from 3rd in Boards to probably 11th. The one time I didn't need RVP massively outscoring Rooney...

Enough of the excuses please.

You were able to transfer in Cisse so I fail to see how you weren't able to change your team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

I'm after pulling over 50 clear of my main league! :D Considering I was over 70 points behind the leader 7 GW's ago. Now I'm 70 points ahead of that person. Amazing how things change so quick! Considering that I was able to do this, someone else probably will in the coming 5 GW's and pass me out!

The BP's really helped me. I honestly wasn't expecting 3 for captain Cisse and 2 BP's for my good old friend Stephen Ireland was welcomed. Planning for the coming weeks is becoming harder and harder.

Lemlin wrote: »

You were able to transfer in Cisse so I fail to see how you weren't able to change your team.

Because you are an idiot. You struggle to comprehend a lot regardless of how simply it's written. I've already explained what happened far in advance of the games being played, if you'd bothered to read the threads you'd know this. I struggled trying to make the transfer on my phone in some dive bar in Morocco and didn't even know it had gone through until the following day, wasn't about to waste more time trying to sort the rest of the team. To be honest I'm not really bothered that it messed up my FF, had a cracking weekend. Not every day you wake up and see a camel! Actually maybe for you thats not entirely impossible...

Your logic is amusing though, what kind of shrewd strategy would it be for me to leave Richards on the bench as second sub, at home to West Brom. Never mind the obvious captaincy of RVP. It's clear my team wasn't touched, it was exactly the same as last week other than the transfer. Enjoy taking advantage of it and going ahead of me though, I know how much it means to you. You should have realised after I was willing to bet with you for the following week's captain choice that I'm not massively bothered anymore. I'll win all the leagues I'm in bar Boards and Fantasy Football Scout, I'm out of the main FF Cup and surprisingly enough there's better things to be doing than finishing ahead of you and carlcon, which is unlikely anyway after last week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,421 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

64 points for me, not too bad will take it considering Rooney did nothing as Captain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

...there's better things to be doing than finishing ahead of you and carlcon, which is unlikely anyway after last week.

There really was no need for my name to come up in that wee rant, but since it did...

33 weeks of football made that highly unlikely, not one week. We all have our off-weeks. Doesn't matter if you wake up in your grandparents basement surrounded by pizza boxes and cats at 11:31am, missing the deadline, or wake up in Morocco surrounded by camels. An extravagant story doesn't change anything. I doubt there are many here who caught every single GW.

One week I'm trying to update my team and look at highlights at 3am in a Californian airport, the next I'm in a hick town trying to find an internet hotspot. Can't begin to imagine how many points I've lost because of this. But guess what... we all have those stories. And "showing off" about how we get to have active lives while suggesting those who do better than us have lesser lives quite frankly only makes one person here look like an idiot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

I think when Bill Shankly remarked "Someone said 'football is more important than life and death to you' and I said 'Listen, it's more important than that', "
    he wouldn't have considered Fantasy Football as part of that :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

I think when Bill Shankly remarked "Someone said 'football is more important than life and death to you' and I said 'Listen, it's more important than that', "

fantasy football is more important still!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

no excuses to not have your team set up!

• Advertisement

carlcon wrote: »
    There really was no need for my name to come up in that wee rant, but since it did...

33 weeks of football made that highly unlikely, not one week. We all have our off-weeks. Doesn't matter if you wake up in your grandparents basement surrounded by pizza boxes and cats at 11:31am, missing the deadline, or wake up in Morocco surrounded by camels. An extravagant story doesn't change anything. I doubt there are many here who caught every single GW.

One week I'm trying to update my team and look at highlights at 3am in a Californian airport, the next I'm in a hick town trying to find an internet hotspot. Can't begin to imagine how many points I've lost because of this. But guess what... we all have those stories. And "showing off" about how we get to have active lives while suggesting those who do better than us have lesser lives quite frankly only makes one person here look like an idiot.

I mentioned your name because you're as much an idiot as Noel, I didn't want you feeling left out! I've been 30 odd points behind you for months, barring a massive amount of luck I wasn't catching you. I didn't blame anything on last week, just said it was unlikely after that. Again, work on the comprehension skills, both of you. I've never once suggested anyone doing better than me has a lesser life. Lemlin does, but that's beside the point... I was merely pointing out why I hadn't changed my team. Then Cavan boy decided to have a little dig because for the first time all season he's gone ahead of me in the league and creamed himself a little.

And you think I'm showing off! You're the one who way back at the start of the season came up with some sh*te about being to "more places than I could name", correct? If you had any idea how much travelling I do with work you'd realise how much of an idiotic statement this was. I travel a lot, and rarely if ever mention it, even if it affects my FF. But the one time I mention a funny story suddenly I'm showing off! I'm glad you got off the dole and got out of Ireland, but honestly... grow the f**k up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

Ah lads come on, let it go ffs you're all just showing yourselves up :o

I mentioned your name because you're as much an idiot as Noel, I didn't want you feeling left out!

And you think I'm showing off! You're the one who way back at the start of the season came up with some sh*te about being to "more places than I could name", correct? If you had any idea how much travelling I do with work you'd realise how much of an idiotic statement this was. I travel a lot, and rarely if ever mention it, even if it affects my FF. But the one time I mention a funny story suddenly I'm showing off! I'm glad you got off the dole and got out of Ireland, but honestly... grow the f**k up.

RoryC, ladies and gentleman!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Ah lads come on, let it go ffs you're all just showing yourselves up :o

Yeah, you're right. There isn't much "showing off" going on, if anything it's the opposite.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

There are times when I wonder why I bother with boards. This is one of those times.

Would ye please get over yourselves. It's only a game. I could understand the agitation if there was money on the line but there isn't so please stop the bickering as it makes for awful reading for the rest of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭RB100

There are times when I wonder why I bother with boards. This is one of those times.

Would ye please get over yourselves. It's only a game. I could understand the agitation if there was money on the line but there isn't so please stop the bickering as it makes for awful reading for the rest of us.
    Agreed. I come on here to look for advice and ideas, or to share some not hear stupid arguments that nobody cares about and are filling up the threads.

I just found the ignore button, so I can safely say I won't be taking part in his nonsense any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Finished with 59 points. Up to 43,721 in the world, my highest ever. Now second in my main league. Delighted. And I've never been to Morocco or California. But I have been to Cuba!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,913 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

I've been to nice and the isle of Greece :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Because you are an idiot. You struggle to comprehend a lot regardless of how simply it's written. I've already explained what happened far in advance of the games being played, if you'd bothered to read the threads you'd know this. I struggled trying to make the transfer on my phone in some dive bar in Morocco and didn't even know it had gone through until the following day, wasn't about to waste more time trying to sort the rest of the team. To be honest I'm not really bothered that it messed up my FF, had a cracking weekend. Not every day you wake up and see a camel! Actually maybe for you thats not entirely impossible...

Your logic is amusing though, what kind of shrewd strategy would it be for me to leave Richards on the bench as second sub, at home to West Brom. Never mind the obvious captaincy of RVP. It's clear my team wasn't touched, it was exactly the same as last week other than the transfer. Enjoy taking advantage of it and going ahead of me though, I know how much it means to you. You should have realised after I was willing to bet with you for the following week's captain choice that I'm not massively bothered anymore. I'll win all the leagues I'm in bar Boards and Fantasy Football Scout, I'm out of the main FF Cup and surprisingly enough there's better things to be doing than finishing ahead of you and carlcon, which is unlikely anyway after last week.

I did read the threads and I've forced the truth out of you above. It was nobody's fault but your own if your team wasn't updated so quit with the excuse you've now mentioned 3 times. It was your own choice your team wasn't updated, if it wasn't.

Richards hadn't played 90 minutes in two wks. He's by no means a guaranteed starter when all defenders at City are fit. Rooney was also a fairly decent capt choice last wk tbh.

This is a board about FF by the way so I've only addressed your FF points purposely. You'd do well to remember it sometimes.

You don't know me so I'm Lemlin to you and I'm confused as to why you are making personal comments about me and using my name when you know nothing about me or my life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭dublinhead

End of season pressure is building for everyone, I'm currently 2nd in the boards league. 5 pts off the lead. Champions league position is not good enough!! Its only a game ( apart from my money leagues) chill out!
    I once saw a camel at dublin zoo, or was it a camel toe!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Devia

Fantasy football is right... some people living in a fantasy world thinking they're Jose Mourinho or something. If I'd started at GW1 I'd be beating all of you. Only made it back from my mission to Haiti in time for GW2.

By the way, whos the legend in boards league that called their team Szczęsny Hawkes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

Devia wrote: »
    Fantasy football is right... some people living in a fantasy world thinking they're Jose Mourinho or something. If I'd started at GW1 I'd be beating all of you. Only made it back from my mission to Haiti in time for GW2.

By the way, whos the legend in boards league that called their team Szczęsny Hawkes?

KevIRL

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Juxtapose

yeah great team name

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

Devia wrote: »
    Szczęsny Hawkes
    DazzlerIE wrote: »
    KevIRL
    Juxtapose wrote: »
    yeah great team name

I don't get it... :confused::o Please explain!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I don't get it... :confused::o Please explain!

You werent around for that one hit wonder! :eek::P:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 537 ✭✭✭ozymandias10

he really was the one and only

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Predictions for tonight after bonus

Rooney 2 points
    RVP 12 points

I wish it was the opposite as ALL my rivals captained RVP.

That was a great prediction! anymore of those magic numbers for this weekend??

...could also do with the lotto numbers too if your as handy with them? :pac::pac:

• Advertisement

You don't know me so I'm Lemlin to you and I'm confused as to why you are making personal comments about me and using my name when you know nothing about me or my life.

Do me a favour then, stop having digs at me. Either follow Carlcon and put me on ignore or don´t reply to my posts. The two of you keep dragging me into pathetic arguments and its obviously annoying everyone else too. And I´d prefer if neither of you sent me any more PM´s too, I don´t want to talk to either of you.

That was a great prediction! anymore of those magic numbers for this weekend??

...could also do with the lotto numbers too if your as handy with them? :pac::pac:

Yeh great shout that. Although I do wish it was the other way around :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement