Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 33 Match Day thread.....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

Going into the final day of the GW with 9 points would usually be something to worry about, but with 3 from United, 3 from Arsenal, and 2 from Swansea playing against the bottom 3 teams*, I have high hopes!

*ignoring the Blackburn/QPR goal difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

carlcon wrote: »
    Going into the final day of the GW with 9 points would usually be something to worry about, but with 3 from United, 3 from Arsenal, and 2 from Swansea playing against the bottom 3 teams*, I have high hopes!

*ignoring the Blackburn/QPR goal difference.

I think we may have exactly the same team so! 9 points going into tomorrow with Vorm, Evans, Gibbs, Sigurdsson, Arteta, Valencia, Rooney and RVP(c) still to play! Im hoping for big big things to gain some ground tomorrow!

Havnt had a big week in a long time and ive started to slide!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

I've 16 points with

Kompany, Evans, Siggy, Valencia, Walcott, Rooney and RVP (C) to play

DazzlerIE wrote: »
    I've 16 points with

Kompany, Evans, Siggy, Valencia, Walcott, Rooney and RVP (C) to play

I wouldnt mind having Kompany in my team again if i knew he was guaranteed 90 mins every week again! He was a stalwart in my for the first half of the season but due to injury and suspension i had to let him go! Great player!

I think we may have exactly the same team so! 9 points going into tomorrow with Vorm, Evans, Gibbs, Sigurdsson, Arteta, Valencia, Rooney and RVP(c) still to play! Im hoping for big big things to gain some ground tomorrow!

Havnt had a big week in a long time and ive started to slide!!

Switch Gibbs to Walcott, and Val to Young and that's what I've got.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Gibbs ruled out per FFscout, can anyone confirm?

Yak as first sub - finally some luck!

Edit: confirmed here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Gerrard not playing helped last night, Simpson to come in for 6 points. Leaves me on 14 going into todays games with 7 to play.

Really need Rooney to outscore RVP, the opposite could be an absolute disaster. Swansea keeping a clean sheet and City conceding would help too...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

roryc wrote: »
    Gerrard not playing helped last night, Simpson to come in for 6 points. Leaves me on 14 going into todays games with 7 to play.

Really need Rooney to outscore RVP, the opposite could be an absolute disaster. Swansea keeping a clean sheet and City conceding would help too...

I need both Swansea and City to concede tonight and RVP to be given a little rest.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I need both Swansea and City to concede tonight and RVP to be given a little rest.

I'll take that! All aboard the Rooney train

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

I've switched my captain from Rooney to RvP for the first time in weeks. Just have a feeling he's gonna end the drought tonight. Rooney has looked a little tired the last couple of games. I've 8 playing tonight, bring it on.

• Advertisement

Just having a look at the boards top 10, the teams are becoming awfully similar again. Evans is worthless, think everyone in the top 10 has him. My midfield of Valencia, Walcott and Siggy are held by 80% of other managers too so no need to even concentrate on them in tonight's games. 6 have Kompany though and I'm not one of them, really need City to concede tonight or him to lose the plot and get sent off... after 59 minutes! Will be annoying if I lose CS points from Richards on my bench, although he's not even a guaranteed starter these days.

Could do with Vorm having a quiet game too - a lot of people seem to have him and he's capable of getting 8 or 9 points in a game. I've Caulker though so I'll benefit from a CS anyway... a Caulker goal/assist would be a nice bonus! Couple of managers have Vermaelen too which is always dangerous. Half of the top 10 had Cisse as captain and he's already played - 3 have RVP and 2 of us have Rooney. Can't see a huge amount of movement for the rest of this week unless one of Rooney or RVP vastly outscores the other (Rooney pls!)

roryc wrote: »
    Just having a look at the boards top 10, the teams are becoming awfully similar again. Evans is worthless, think everyone in the top 10 has him. My midfield of Valencia, Walcott and Siggy are held by 80% of other managers too so no need to even concentrate on them in tonight's games. 6 have Kompany though and I'm not one of them, really need City to concede tonight or him to lose the plot and get sent off... after 59 minutes! Will be annoying if I lose CS points from Richards on my bench, although he's not even a guaranteed starter these days.

Could do with Vorm having a quiet game too - a lot of people seem to have him and he's capable of getting 8 or 9 points in a game. I've Caulker though so I'll benefit from a CS anyway... a Caulker goal/assist would be a nice bonus! Couple of managers have Vermaelen too which is always dangerous. Half of the top 10 had Cisse as captain and he's already played - 3 have RVP and 2 of us have Rooney. Can't see a huge amount of movement for the rest of this week unless one of Rooney or RVP vastly outscores the other (Rooney pls!)

Predictions for tonight after bonus

Rooney 2 points
    RVP 12 points

I wish it was the opposite as ALL my rivals captained RVP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Maggie McGaggie

I accidently captained Tevez as i always pick the next gameweeks team as soon the matches begin for the current week then i forgot the deadline for gameweek 33 so im stuck with Tevez. Thought Tevez would start against Arsenal instead of that clown Balotelli but hopefully will play tonight anyway so it could work out well for me.

Dempsey wrote: »
    Least Cisse will come in for Pedersen. What a **** GW so far

I'm sorry but I have to ask...wtf was Cisse doing on your bench? That's a paddlin'!

Predictions for tonight after bonus

Rooney 2 points
    RVP 12 points

I wish it was the opposite as ALL my rivals captained RVP.

I wont say no to that pediction! 24 for RVP with the armband on would suit me nicely seeing as my main rival at the moment has it on Rooney!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I'm sorry but I have to ask...wtf was Cisse doing on your bench? That's a paddlin'!

I had 3 Swansea players in my team for GW32, 3 Newcastle players on the bench. Was thinking of hedging my bets between Cisse scoring and a Swansea CS but I missed the deadline. I then missed GW33's deadline without making any changes whatsoever. Thats why I was calling it a shít GW! How much paddlin' does all those mistakes get? :pac:

Dempsey wrote: »
    I had 3 Swansea players in my team for GW32, 3 Newcastle players on the bench. Was thinking of hedging my bets between Cisse scoring and a Swansea CS but I missed the deadline. I then missed GW33's deadline without making any changes whatsoever. Thats why I was calling it a shít GW! How much paddlin' does all those mistakes get? :pac:

Ouch...

Right with Gibbs ruled out as a starter its not too bad i have caulker as 1st sub, so as long as Gibbs dosn't hop on for the last 10 minutes or something ill still have 8 playing tonight! And if Swansea can make up for the Newcastle game and keep a clean sheet while Sigurdsson goes on a goal scoring rampage this could pan out to be a great week after all!!

I dont ask for much :pac:...

The mind absolutely boggles...

Hi there

Thanks for the email.

Dempsey's shot was considered to be on target before it was deflected
    into the goal so it was given as a goal for Dempsey and an assist for Duff.

Apologies for any inconvenience and hope this helps to explain the
    situation.

Regards

Fantasy Support

Joke of a decision. Again. How can they say that it was on target ffs.

I think the FA (or whoever makes these decisions) gave the goal to Dempsey, so there's not much the FPL can do. They're just not going to contradict them.

While I would love to see Cahill get an OG, I think the touch was slight enough to keep the goal as Dempsey's.

It was one of those where if the immediate reaction was that it was an OG, they'd have turned down Dempsey's claim to a goal. First impressions tend to gain a bias.

As I said when I first saw it... it was without a doubt going wide, which means it was an OG if we stick to the letter of the law... but we can't really be too fussed since goals like that are given frequently.

Just a bit of good luck for those with Cahill and Dempsey, that's all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

The mind absolutely boggles...

Hi there

Thanks for the email.

Dempsey's shot was considered to be on target before it was deflected
    into the goal so it was given as a goal for Dempsey and an assist for Duff.

Apologies for any inconvenience and hope this helps to explain the
    situation.

Regards

Fantasy Support

Joke of a decision. Again. How can they say that it was on target ffs.

I said it before and I'll say it again the press association makes its decisions based on what will sell more papers, an o.g. wasn't half as glamorous as talisman Clint Dempsey scoring a late equalizer to deny local rivals Chelsea. the whole systems f*cked up, basically fpl passes over all responsibility to 3rd parties for goals/assists and bp's (the 'ppi' index :rolleyes:) - basically everything. Basically they're a lazy bunch of C u next Tuesday's :)

For bookies its the Press Association that decides. We use them for our football settling and our own fantasy football too, and I'm guessing this is who FF use.

http://fantasyleague.williamhill.com/Teams.aspx

If they decide its Dempsey's goal, everyone else follows. Even if it went down as an OG he'd still get the assist wouldn't he? So we're only talking about a difference of 2 points.
    manual_man wrote: »
    I said it before and I'll say it again the press association makes its decisions based on what will sell more papers

This is wrong :) When big sums of money are involved the bookies have a large say in the decisions being accurate. Doesn't mean there's never mistakes but I still think Dempsey did enough to be awarded a goal, although by their own rules if it wasn't on target it should have gone down as an OG.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

@Roryc: ah. I forgot the bookies. you've got a point there... but one way or another there's forces at play - its just very convenient for the fpl that they don't have to play any part in these decisions. likewise they're fed a bunch of statistics to base their bonus points on (very often not rewarding the actual best players) - just very lazy on the whole if you ask me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

The moment of truth is coming when we find out what lineouts are, I think that loads of people will be rested tonight. I especially think A united winger will be rested and Nani will get his first start in weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

manual_man wrote: »
    I said it before and I'll say it again the press association makes its decisions based on what will sell more papers, an o.g. wasn't half as glamorous as talisman Clint Dempsey scoring a late equalizer to deny local rivals Chelsea. the whole systems f*cked up, basically fpl passes over all responsibility to 3rd parties for goals/assists and bp's (the 'ppi' index :rolleyes:) - basically everything. Basically they're a lazy bunch of C u next Tuesday's :)

In fairness it's a free service. I won't hold them passing responsibility to 3rd parties on those issues as a result. It still surprises me that they don't charge a few euro as the majority of people would be willing to pay it.

In fairness it's a free service. I won't hold them passing responsibility to 3rd parties on those issues as a result. It still surprises me that they don't charge a few euro as the majority of people would be willing to pay it.

While I don't disagree with your point about 3rd parties, I've never bought into the "free service" point.

It's an official Premier League site. Every time you watch a game on Sky, view highlights on MotD, buy a jersey, go to a game, and do all sorts of other things, they get your money.

This game is just another advertisement for the Premier League. Who wins/loses/gets robbed in this game means nothing to them. As long as we're talking about it and participating, they're getting more than enough from us.

Very much a side-discussion and not a big deal, just a point I find to be an interesting topic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

I have a problem with the paucity of prizes on offer

2.7 million players should probably warrant more than one prize....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

The game is run by Ea too (AFAIK, correct me if I'm wrong). EA are the ones that come up with the PPI's. So they are essentially the ones who decide who the BP's go to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Tevez starts

@MCFC: #MCFC team to play #WBA: Hart, Richards, Kompany (C), Lescott, Clichy, De Jong, Barry, Silva, Nasri, Tevez, Aguero” 

• Advertisement

Tevez starts

@MCFC: #MCFC team to play #WBA: Hart, Richards, Kompany (C), Lescott, Clichy, De Jong, Barry, Silva, Nasri, Tevez, Aguero” 

It was only a matter of time. I called it a week early, though... Mancini should have listened to me... wouldn't have lost Balotelli. :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement