Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argggh..Lost achievements on Local Xbox.

Options
  • 09-04-2012 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭

I've two Xboxes, my launch machine back at my parents and my elite in my own place.

My launch machine is mainly used when I'm home for a weekend, Christmas etc. and it's where I've played my real time sinks, mainly single player games such RPGs e.g. New Vegas, Skyrim and the like. The thing is, that machine hasn't been connected to live in over 18 months and when I finally got round to hooking it today, updating the machine and synching the account it relocked all the achievements I'd unlocked locally.

Pissed off, given the games concerned it'd take a hell of time to get them back. Not to menton, finally got round to starting and finishing AC Brotherhood this weekend and they're all gone. There doesn't seem to be anything that I can do either... so be warned.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Not much I can say that would not come across "you shoulda coulda" unfortunately.

I'm the same as you with a console at my folks place at weekends.

I keep my profile on a memory stick , and anything I am currently playing in cloud storage. Except for the likes of Skyrim as they are huge saves.

I could use cloud for my profile but I'm paranoid when it comes to syncing and the wireless connection on my weekend xbox is flakey.

Fallout and Skyrim could be 200 + hours to get back 100% I feel your pain there, but I guess there are worse games to have to play again though ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

Lost my first 10,000 gamer points through a similar problem so I feel your pain!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

calex71 wrote: »
    Not much I can say that would not come across "you shoulda coulda" unfortunately.

I'm the same as you with a console at my folks place at weekends.

I keep my profile on a memory stick , and anything I am currently playing in cloud storage. Except for the likes of Skyrim as they are huge saves.

I could use cloud for my profile but I'm paranoid when it comes to syncing and the wireless connection on my weekend xbox is flakey.

Fallout and Skyrim could be 200 + hours to get back 100% I feel your pain there, but I guess there are worse games to have to play again though ?
    You cant put your profile in cloud saves

Advertisement