Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lady Gaga - Aviva Stadium - 15 September

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,824 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

So, how much are the tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

The Nal wrote: »
    So, how much are the tickets?

Standing - €86

Seated - €55-€96

All go up about €6 with the Ticketmaster "fees"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

So expensive...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

honru wrote: »
    So expensive...

Ridiculously so.

Not the last time she played the O2 but the time before that i'm pretty certain tickets were 25Euro, That's a hell of a jump to 90+

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

I remember it was about €35 the first time round, about €40 with TM fees. But yeah, it's hard to stomach these expensive gigs. €70 gigs seemed to be becoming common in the last decade, but more and more of them are creeping up towards the €100 mark these days. Like last year I would've loved to have gone to Prince but it's really hard to justify spending that much money.

• Advertisement

Picture of the stage being built

tumblr_m2na6zRsLT1qe94uho1_500.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭aoifemcg94

order Lady Gaga tickets at 9 on monday and selected standing for 86.00 but just after reading my order confirmation and it says stand and gives a row and seat??

aoifemcg94 wrote: »
    order Lady Gaga tickets at 9 on monday and selected standing for 86.00 but just after reading my order confirmation and it says stand and gives a row and seat??

Yeah that's normal - you do have pitch standing tickets :) I think its just something they do to keep track of numbers or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭aoifemcg94

Ya I looked at my receipt and it gives a seat and row but says it is the pitch-standing, thank god though, got very worried :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,069 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

as roryj123 said, I don't think they can deny you access to the monster pit if you had queued for hours - even if you were not dressed.

As for the ticket prices, I can't argue that 86 or 96 euros is a lot of money, but she is, like, the hottest name in pop music at the moment. TBH I find more ridicilous the 115 that some people are paying to see Paul Simon live.

Bought my standing ticket on Monday-didn't have internet access so I queued at St Stephen's Green for two hours to make sure that I'm in. Now I just have to decide what time to go on the day. I am thinking sometime between one and two in the afternoon. Even if I am not in the Monster Pit, I will be very close by.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Captain Graphite

Was shocked to see tickets still available for this. So I took it as a sign that I must go and ordered two standing tickets. :D There's no way in hell I can afford it.....but shur I'll work that out when the time comes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 snowy25

Maire2009 wrote: »
    Yeah that's normal - you do have pitch standing tickets :) I think its just something they do to keep track of numbers or something.

Hi I am not too sure if I have seated or standing tickets as I never boughts tickets for the aviva before. I wanted to purchase seated so I clicked on premium south and I paid €96. When I was confirming my ticket details it came up Premium stand. Does this mean I am sitting or standing? Its coming up in my ticket order that I am in block 312 and it gives me my seat number.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Noelly

snowy25 wrote: »
    Hi I am not too sure if I have seated or standing tickets as I never boughts tickets for the aviva before. I wanted to purchase seated so I clicked on premium south and I paid €96. When I was confirming my ticket details it came up Premium stand. Does this mean I am sitting or standing? Its coming up in my ticket order that I am in block 312 and it gives me my seat number.

You're seated. Premium stand just means you're in the premium seats of the Aviva!

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭AlmostCared

http://www.facebook.com/BornThisWayBallDublin Could everyone please like this page? It has been set up so that Monster can meet other Monsters that are going to lady Gaga's concert. I will be updating the page almost everyday. First SPECIAL post tonight at 9. Don't miss it. Something big about the concert will be announced! Thank you ('''') (''''')

snowy25 wrote: »

Definitely seated - these damn tickets can be so confusing ha ha Here is the seating plan, so looks like you're in the middle tier. You should have a great view of all the going-ons from there. The stage and all what she is doing looks amazing.

13831s.gif

This (below) is the first stadium she's playing on April 27th, so should give us a good idea of how things will be in terms of the staging and Monster Pit.

seoul_olympic1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭roryj123

gazzer wrote: »
    92 friggin euro to get a standing ticket :eek: No wonder they have not sold out. Thats a disgraceful price.

its 86 and that's pretty standard for someone of her size all the stuff that has to be brought 30 trucks,9 private jets etc etc

honru wrote: »
    So expensive...

it is a lot of money but these shows are not cheap to make she nearly went bankrupt the last time the amount of gear that has to be dragged around the world,dancers,producers etc

https://www.facebook.com/events/289708174437954/
    add yourself to this if you like!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 FreeasmyHair

Korean Monsters have been queuing for ages, it's about 9am there atm.

dd71bf6e8ff111e1989612313815112c_7.jpg

It's first come first serve for the monster pit but a few people who are dressed up at the back got passes too. Does this mean we'll have to start queuing at that time? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

Mr.S wrote: »
    Yeah pretty much. I wouldn't be surprised if people started to queue on Friday night.

Don't think you're allowed queue before a certain a time like 8am

• Advertisement

Stage is nothing like the actual sketch, don't want to spoiler, so see here: https://p.twimg.com/AreX2R3CEAAwHPg.jpg

Live stream of concert here once Gaga appears: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/thailandlovesgaga

http://twitpic.com/9ebgcx here is what the stage looks like

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭PeadarGalway

Sooooo, my willpower crumbled and Ive been watching some of the vids made in korea....

Setlist = perfection
    voice = perfection

AHMAGAGA!

Saw some videos of the show - no really good videos there though - and it looks a great concept overall.

Her idea for Bloody Mary looks really cool and the catwalk is used a lot which is great. The Korean version is very sanitized though - some of the interludes had to be left out. Plus, by the time she gets to Europe the setlist will be changed slightly apparently.

Oh, and the first in line gets the key to the Monster Pit - have to give it back though ha ha.

Ye all thought it was good?

to be honest, I thought her voice was really off, just didn't seem passionate enough. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭PeadarGalway

Noelly wrote: »

to be honest, I thought her voice was really off, just didn't seem passionate enough. :confused:

Granted some of the songs sound a little strained, but ya have to remember its been ages since she did a full live show, its going to take her a while to get back to full strength. By the time she hits Dublin all the kinks should be worked out and she'll be well warmed up :)

That and the fact that we are going to be the biggest venue so far (i think, somebody correct me if im wrong) means that its going to be one hell of a show for her!

Granted some of the songs sound a little strained, but ya have to remember its been ages since she did a full live show, its going to take her a while to get back to full strength. By the time she hits Dublin all the kinks should be worked out and she'll be well warmed up :)

That and the fact that we are going to be the biggest venue so far (i think, somebody correct me if im wrong) means that its going to be one hell of a show for her!

We're actually one of the smaller ones. That concert in Korea had a capacity of 72,000. The Aviva only has ~45000.

It was only the first one so it will be getting better and better

Mr.S wrote: »
    you can't really say "her voice was off" when your watching videos of a live show on YouTube imo.

I've seen her 3 times before, and watched the videos after it, and it was the exact same. This time it just doesn't match up..

• Advertisement

I've seen her 3 times before, and watched the videos after it, and it was the exact same. This time it just doesn't match up..

Like I said before it was the FIRST SHOW and You can't really judge a concert from a few videos on YouTube...

Advertisement