Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lady Gaga - Aviva Stadium - 15 September

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭roryj123

Mr.S wrote: »
    Without boring you with technical details, you standing at a gig, hearing it live as it happens, with all the right levels etc, is completely different to you hearing it later through a cameras microphone.

Don't worry, If she sounded different (probably due to the ****ty camera;)) its because it was the first date, I'm sure she will sound perfectly fine when shes in Dublin:)

Plus it will change around once it gets here remember the Monster Ball? that changed TONS between the legs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

Don't know who posted it above, but we're not "one of the smaller dates" - she's just after playing to 16,000 in Hong Kong. She's not doing all stadiums, she's doing some indoor gigs as well, mainly in Asia and Australia. I also think, but I'm not 100% certain, that she played to 45,000 in Korea - it might say 72,000 capacity on Wikipedia but that doesn't take into account the stage taken over a 1/3 of the pitch.

Looking at the clips so far, I'm glad now she's not here until September. There seems to be a lot of glitches - at the opening of the Korea show she was really nervous singing, as if she was afraid the horse would buck or something, and in Hong Kong her microphone didn't work for the opening two songs, so she basically walked around stage to a backing track - not her fault, and Gaga being a perfectionist she is, it won't happen again.

I don't think we'll see the real Gaga for a couple of shows. She has been heavily censored in Asia so far - she can't do X or Y because it's "immoral." There seems to have been no interludes, probably because they are deemed too risky for that side of the world. She also seems nervy on stage and she's even wearing pants a lot. She'll be in full flow once she gets to the Aviva :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 49 FreeasmyHair

Since it hasn't sold out yet, how many tickets are still to be sold? And how many tickets were on sale in general?

Maire2009 wrote: »
    Don't know who posted it above, but we're not "one of the smaller dates" - she's just after playing to 16,000 in Hong Kong. She's not doing all stadiums, she's doing some indoor gigs as well, mainly in Asia and Australia. I also think, but I'm not 100% certain, that she played to 45,000 in Korea - it might say 72,000 capacity on Wikipedia but that doesn't take into account the stage taken over a 1/3 of the pitch.

Looking at the clips so far, I'm glad now she's not here until September. There seems to be a lot of glitches - at the opening of the Korea show she was really nervous singing, as if she was afraid the horse would buck or something, and in Hong Kong her microphone didn't work for the opening two songs, so she basically walked around stage to a backing track - not her fault, and Gaga being a perfectionist she is, it won't happen again.

I don't think we'll see the real Gaga for a couple of shows. She has been heavily censored in Asia so far - she can't do X or Y because it's "immoral." There seems to have been no interludes, probably because they are deemed too risky for that side of the world. She also seems nervy on stage and she's even wearing pants a lot. She'll be in full flow once she gets to the Aviva :cool:

was that horse real? There was a photo and it was just dancers under it,Ya I felt really bad for her when the MIC went must be so awkward! as far as I know there aren't any big arena's in Hong Kong it is a very cramped city!

roryj123 wrote: »
    was that horse real? There was a photo and it was just dancers under it,Ya I felt really bad for her when the MIC went must be so awkward! as far as I know there aren't any big arena's in Hong Kong it is a very cramped city!

I think the horse is real - it certainly looked real in the video ha ha

I think she's only playing arenas in Australia as well - she's playing multiple nights in Melbourne and Sydney etc., when there are plenty stadiums there, either they couldn't book any because of sporting events or else they want to get a lot of shows under their belts to iron out all the glitches - I'm being greedy and hoping its the latter :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭sisco

55000 tickets have gone on sale for the gig I know someone who works for mcd. Its selling quite well there pleased with sales she has sold 45000 plus all of the cheap seats have gone the 54.65 so i have been told?

better then Madonna anyway as of 2 weeks ago she had sold between 15000-20000 tickets haha

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Dublinwon

Your friend must make the tea for mcd then since madonnas concert has sold approx 38000 for this gig in aviva . Seriously doubt bla blas will have sold more than that considering the lacklustre interest in her tour so far. Seoul was only half full at best for opening night. Embarrassing

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Dublinwon wrote: »
    Your friend must make the tea for mcd then since madonnas concert has sold approx 38000 for this gig in aviva . Seriously doubt bla blas will have sold more than that considering the lacklustre interest in her tour so far. Seoul was only half full at best for opening night. Embarrassing

Im pretty sure Gaga is bigger then Madonna now . She is one of the biggest names in pop music at the moment .

Im pretty sure Gaga is bigger then Madonna now . She is one of the biggest names in pop music at the moment .

Perhaps... But I know which one will be the better gig and it won't be the bouncy castle one.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Perhaps... But I know which one will be the better gig and it won't be the bouncy castle one.

Tbh im not a fan of either but if had to choose id go for Gaga she seems to put on a great show and sings live , while ive heard rumours that Madonna doesnt sing live all the time

• Advertisement

Don't get me wrong I don't hate ga ya at all. I saw her in O2 dublin before. Thought she was good but she did a lot of talking ya know every 10 minutes was like " be yourself , everyone is beautiful " it just got a bit boring After a while but I'm not denying the teeny boppers were lapping it up. Suppose it's just personal tastes etc I've seen madonna 5 times before and she's been amazing each time so different strokes and all that

I have seen places saying Madonna has only sold 15,000 and that is 2 months later...Not sure if you are able to read or not but this is a LADY GAGA thread...and Seoul was sold out...''Lacklustire interest'' hmm she sold out London in under 50 seconds and Madonna has had her concert on sale there for about 3 months now o ya and she had to cancel a date in Croatia due to poor sales...Id also like to ask when has Madonna been in Seoul? exactly...Gaga had the highest attendance for female in Korean history,Also Madonna's first tour had 40 dates,Gaga 201...I guess not many people are interested in watching her ''act like the drunk aunt at christmas'' - Piers Morgan.

If you don't like the biggest set built to tour in history then go watch videos of Madonna's lovely feminine arms...Madonna-Muscles1-241x300.jpg

Ooh all this teenage angst god love ya. Go and buy some biactol. As madonna fans we don't base her success on looks ( I hope the scary bla bla doesn't either) but it looks like her little monsters are very sensitive. I simply said I preferred madonna . Read ( if you can) my posts again and you'll see that. Even better come back to me in about 30 years and see will bla bla be still around. Don't think so . I mean she's hardly around now . A 2009 one year wonder that's all she was, a bit like Moshi monsters this year. Then again you probably all have that album too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Claws alway girls!

Why can't we love both Madge and Gaga?
    Im going to Gaga this year- not Madonna - not loving her new album and seeing her at Slane sufficed

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭musicmania

Yes we can love both! I'm going to both see both of them. Never saw Lady Gaga before but was at Madge's Slane gig. Ok she did mime a lot but the acoustic set was live and it was my favourite part of the concert. Looking forward to both concerts!

Though you're hardly worth replying too in that you seem a bitter Madonna fan - but given how bitter the woman herself is, I'll humour you - Seoul sold out but Korean authorities annoyed fans by making it an 18+ gig AFTER tickets went on sale and sold out.

Lackluster interest? Yeah, "blah blah" took 58 seconds to sell out Twickenham.

musicmania wrote: »
    Yes we can love both! I'm going to both see both of them. Never saw Lady Gaga before but was at Madge's Slane gig. Ok she did mime a lot but the acoustic set was live and it was my favourite part of the concert. Looking forward to both concerts!

I LOVED everything Madonna did up to and including the Ray of Light album - that albums is one of the best I've ever heard. But Hard Candy and MDNA are just not for me - she seems to just sell out to any two-bit singer like Nicki Minaj to try and prop up her sales, she's Madonna she should never have to do that. Just my opinion.

A woman I work with is a big Madonna fan, went to see her in Slane, and said she'd not cross the road to see her again. Honestly, I'd go see Madonna if it was her greatest hits show and would probably enjoy it regardless if she's miming or not cos she's a show woman.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Ooh all this teenage angst god love ya. Go and buy some biactol. As madonna fans we don't base her success on looks ( I hope the scary bla bla doesn't either) but it looks like her little monsters are very sensitive. I simply said I preferred madonna . Read ( if you can) my posts again and you'll see that. Even better come back to me in about 30 years and see will bla bla be still around. Don't think so . I mean she's hardly around now . A 2009 one year wonder that's all she was, a bit like Moshi monsters this year. Then again you probably all have that album too

Ok I'm not sure what the point of your posts in this thread are. If you mention Madonna in it again, you won't be posting in G/E for a while.

That goes for everyone else too, there a Madge thread where ye can all go and state how great she is or a Music forum where ye can debate the merits of each of them.

Everyone else please be civil to each other, so far you've all been just about fine, and thanks for that.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,069 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

I'd say she will eventually sell out the Aviva, we still have 4 months ahead of us. If she doesn't, it will be close enough nevertheless.
    I am planning not to follow details of the show and not see videos on youtube.
    I want to be amazed in the highest degree that night!!!

• Advertisement

Not sure if you can read but the first words of this thread are LADY GAGA if you don't like her then why are you hear?? not a Madonna thread so don't bring her up *Troll*

lordgoat wrote: »
    Ok I'm not sure what the point of your posts in this thread are. If you mention Madonna in it again, you won't be posting in G/E for a while.

That goes for everyone else too, there a Madge thread where ye can all go and state how great she is or a Music forum where ye can debate the merits of each of them.

Everyone else please be civil to each other, so far you've all been just about fine, and thanks for that.

Thanks

Exactly what I was thinking.There are Madonna threads for Madonna.

Not sure if you can read but the first words of this thread are LADY GAGA if you don't like her then why are you hear?? not a Madonna thread so don't bring her up *Troll*

I didn't bring her up if you look back upon the posts and don't worry I wont write anything more in this thread as I can read and write unlike you obviously. Need to do your spelling and grammar class again. Now up to bed with ya, illiterate

I didn't bring her up if you look back upon the posts and don't worry I wont write anything more in this thread as I can read and write unlike you obviously. Need to do your spelling and grammar class again. Now up to bed with ya, illiterate

You know your getting desperate when you try and correct spelling... go find another trend no one is interested in what you have to say...TROLL

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭PeadarGalway

*looks at date. Still not September 15th.

Damn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 EamonnTweets

I got my tickets to Lady Gaga in the aviva today. My seats are in Block 522 and in Row X. Just wondering what these seats are like? They seem quite high up, will I be able to see anything? I didnt choose them as I won the tickets..

Thanks for any Replies

You know your getting desperate when you try and correct spelling... go find another trend no one is interested in what you have to say...TROLL

You've ignored the first mod warning, you got a warning. If you ignore this one, you're getting banned. If you call someone a troll, you're getting banned. If you reply to this post, you're getting banned.

If you have a problem with a post, report it.

lordgoat wrote: »
    You've ignored the first mod warning, you got a warning. If you ignore this one, you're getting banned. If you call someone a troll, you're getting banned. If you reply to this post, you're getting banned.

If you have a problem with a post, report it.

I am perfectly entitled to call someone a troll ''In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory,extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.The noun troll may refer to the provocative message itself''
    Which was exactly what he was doing...So yes I will call him a troll because it was exactly what he was doing ''trolling''

I am perfectly entitled to call someone a troll ''In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory,extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.The noun troll may refer to the provocative message itself''
    Which was exactly what he was doing...So yes I will call him a troll because it was exactly what he was doing ''trolling''

Banned for a week for ignoring a warning.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

i dont like her but fair play to her making it to this point

Advertisement