Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lady Gaga - Aviva Stadium - 15 September

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

Irish Aris wrote: »
    Not sure. I won't be dressed or anything, so I am thinking of leaving the monster pit to the really dedicated fans. But I am definitely going early afternoon, I want to be as close to the stage as possible!!

If you're going at that time you should get into the Monster Pit - at all the other gigs there seems to be a lot of room, so you could even stand near the back of it if you don't fancy being squashed. She uses the catwalk a lot as well so you'll get right up near her.

Make sure you come over and say "hello" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,069 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Maire2009 wrote: »
    Make sure you come over and say "hello" :D

Don't mind if I do :) . Just realised that we also have Arsenal in common. . . and did I see you mention Rammstein a few posts back???

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭AlmostCared

If anyone is going just like this page and join the event! It would be a good place to make some ''ball buddies'' to meet up with at the concert! I also update it with various new about Lady Gaga and her life http://www.facebook.com/BornThisWayBallDublin

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭AlmostCared

Here's the event if ye can't find it - http://www.facebook.com/events/472516006099531/

Thanks for this, AlmostCared. I have liked the page long ago, just joined the event!!

• Advertisement

Don't mind if I do :) . Just realised that we also have Arsenal in common. . . and did I see you mention Rammstein a few posts back???

Arsenal, Rammstein and Lady Gaga - are you me? :D We definitely have to meet.

And AlmostCared is such a lovely lad, but he forgot to give you this link https://www.facebook.com/groups/320018514717016/ - a meet-up group. I'm there, AlmostCared is there (his group is awesome too :) )

It so SOOOOOOOOON! - our soon, not Gaga's soon :)

Arsenal, Rammstein and Lady Gaga - are you me? :D We definitely have to meet.

And AlmostCared is such a lovely lad, but he forgot to give you this link https://www.facebook.com/groups/320018514717016/ - a meet-up group. I'm there, AlmostCared is there (his group is awesome too :) )

It so SOOOOOOOOON! - our soon, not Gaga's soon :)

alright!!! Request sent there too!!!
    Great!! Closer to the date, I will PM you, maybe we can meet before and get in together!!!!
    A Facebook friend saw her in Buharest a few days ago and he is in heaven now!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Marie212

Hey! :D What time is everyone going to queue up at? I'm soooooooo excited now :D

alright!!! Request sent there too!!!
    Great!! Closer to the date, I will PM you, maybe we can meet before and get in together!!!!
    A Facebook friend saw her in Buharest a few days ago and he is in heaven now!!!

Leave a note on that group if you get accepted and I'll say "hi" :)

I'm going up on the Friday night (instead of having to get up really early for a train) and going to queue from some time in the mid-morning. Depends what a few more are doing. I have a Government Hooker Package ticket but want to get into the Monster Pit - unless it is absolute terrible weather in which case I'll use the package and just arrive at 5pm and get up to the barrier behind the Monster Pit but right in front of the catwalk :D
    Marie212 wrote: »
    Hey! :D What time is everyone going to queue up at? I'm soooooooo excited now :D

As I said above - probably mid-morning unless the weather is awful. I normally think its madness but I've never done it and I want to, for the craic ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭yoginindublin

what time do you think lady gaga will start her show? thanks!

• Advertisement

I got this via e-mail for my GH package:
    TIME OF DOORS: 18:00*

SHOW TIME: 20:00*
    Support acts start from 18:15*
    *Times are subject to change

I reckon she'll be on about 8.30pm

• Registered Users Posts: 1 whyvonne

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/irishsun/irishshowbiz/4531508/Lady-Gaga-swaps-booze-for-a-brew-up-in-Ireland.html

says at the bottom that the fans the reporter was talking to claim the monster pit is full already? this cant be true can it?...also according to most websites (e.g. gagapedia) there is no queuing allowed before 8am on the day of he concert...

Any thoughts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭iDann

whyvonne wrote: »
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/irishsun/irishshowbiz/4531508/Lady-Gaga-swaps-booze-for-a-brew-up-in-Ireland.html

says at the bottom that the fans the reporter was talking to claim the monster pit is full already? this cant be true can it?...also according to most websites (e.g. gagapedia) there is no queuing allowed before 8am on the day of he concert...

Any thoughts?

lol that was a joke about the monster pit, Gemma told me. o

whyvonne wrote: »

Any thoughts?

Yeah ha ha it was a joke - there are 4 people in the camp.

I have heard various reports saying between 800-1200 in the Monster Pit. Reports back from London say you have plenty room to move around in it and you're nearly better being back at bit because she uses the catwalk a lot and if you're not watching to keep a spot you can move around and get right up close to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Scarlet for her that the unsold tickets are on livingsocial.com

http://www.livingsocial.com/cities/68-south-dublin/deals/463934-ticket-to-lady-gaga-s-born-this-way-ball

But, I guess that this is the way to do it for unsold tickets :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Captain Graphite

connundrum wrote: »
    Scarlet for her that the unsold tickets are on livingsocial.com

And then there's me with a spare ticket that I can't find anyone to sell to, even at below face-value. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Same as. Friend cancelled on me. I'm just ordering my own tickets from now on.

efb wrote: »
    Same as. Friend cancelled on me. I'm just ordering my own tickets from now on.

Sucks doesn't it? :(

I usually do just buy my own but I figured that Gaga was popular enough that I'd find someone else to go with me, and that tickets would sell out fast so I'd be safer buying two. Guess I was wrong on both counts.

Least the Living Social Deal is now sold out I suppose.

It is a big ask to sell out such a big stadium so young in her career - she has only been around in a major way for 3 years. I think it'll still be nearly full if the weather holds up. She also was more radio friendly with the Fame and Fame Monster album, Born This Way isn't as appealing to the public - expect Artpop to go back to the more radio friendly stuff.

I have a spare ticket too!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Marie212

I'm not going to get there until around 12 Saturday! Probably have no chance of getting into the pit? :/ I'll be happy if I get anywhere near the front though beside the runway.

• Advertisement

Born This Way isn't as appealing to the public - expect Artpop to go back to the more radio friendly stuff.

Oh I hope it doesn't. I'd love if she continued to veer more away from the whole radio-friendly, big happy singalong chorus stuff and release something with a bit more experimental/industrial/electronica influence.

Oh I hope it doesn't. I'd love if she continued to veer more away from the whole radio-friendly, big happy singalong chorus stuff and release something with a bit more experimental/industrial/electronica influence.

We'll see soon enough I suppose - reckon a new song in a month or two. Rumours that she's shooting a video already - so far Gaga, that'll take about 3 months :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Mr.S wrote: »
    around 8-9 probably.

Set times will be announced nearer the gig

From the Aviva Stadium Website http://www.avivastadium.ie/what's-on/whats-on-detail/2012/07/27/lady-gaga-concert

GATES OPEN AT 17.00

Show Times

LADY STARLIGHT 18.15

THE DARKNESS 19.05

LADY GAGA 20.00

Please note times are subject to change.

No Queuing before 8am.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

Im overnighting at the gig - i think the costumes and stage will be magnificent,cant wait for it..And its on my birthday!!

athtrasna wrote: »
    From the Aviva Stadium Website http://www.avivastadium.ie/what's-on/whats-on-detail/2012/07/27/lady-gaga-concert

GATES OPEN AT 17.00

Show Times

LADY STARLIGHT 18.15

THE DARKNESS 19.05

LADY GAGA 20.00

Please note times are subject to change.

No Queuing before 8am.

Thanks athtrasna!!
    20:00 for Gaga sounds rather early. I reckon she will be onstage closer to 20:30. But anyway we will be much much earlier than that!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭william

My wife is planning to bring one of our daughters (young). Would really appreciate if you could tell me above what age would be appropriate. Many thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Avox

william wrote: »
    My wife is planning to bring one of our daughters (young). Would really appreciate if you could tell me above what age would be appropriate. Many thanks in advance.

Well she will curse a fair bit and rant etc and the show will be fairly provocative but I'd say any child under 11ish wouldn't get what it's on about.. Mainly anyone between 12/13/14 might be a bit too young..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭gerire

Good few camping here at the stadium.

Nuts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭SingItOut

Anyone know what the deal is with bringing cameras in? as in an slr?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

No removable lenses

Advertisement