Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lady Gaga - Aviva Stadium - 15 September

Options
1101112131416»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭roryj123

Thought that overall it was disappointing. Was expecting more from the general production. Saw Take Thats last two tours in Croke Park, that is what a paying punter should expect when paying over 60e a ticket. I'd expect more from someone who's one of the biggest stars in world. Take that had a mechanical horse too and a human robot.

I didn't think it possible for a performer to do more sh1te talking than bono. I was very wrong. Gaga must've killed at least 30 mins throughout the show talking nonsense.

In saying that when as was banging out he hits she was fantastic.

Thought a lot of her comments were a bit OTT considering the amount of young people who were at the gig and buy her records. Could've shown a bit or tact.

For the previous poster who mentioned how nice it was of her to invite people backstage my understanding is they paid a massive premium for their tickets!!

The usual rubbish off people...Their is plenty of youtube videos you could have checked out ITS NOT A KIDS SHOW,Read the ticket for christ sake!

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Dontfadeaway

Lady Gaga, Lady Starlight, The Darkness
    Aviva Stadium
    Dublin, Ireland
    Sept. 15, 2012
    $3,523,340
    37,005 / 37,005
    1 / 1

Lady Gaga, Lady Starlight, The Darkness
    Aviva Stadium
    Dublin, Ireland
    Sept. 15, 2012
    $3,523,340
    37,005 / 37,005
    1 / 1

Thanks for that,I think the totals are very good,Considering she is only around a few years and had 5,000 more people than the Madonna show ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Dontfadeaway

roryj123 wrote: »
    Thanks for that,I think the totals are very good,Considering she is only around a few years and had 5,000 more people than the Madonna show ;)

A little over 3k

Madonna
    Aviva Stadium, Dublin, Ireland July 24, 2012
    Total gross: $3,175,497
    Attendance: 33,953
    Price range: $170.56, $66.11

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Dublinwon

A little over 3k

Madonna
    Aviva Stadium, Dublin, Ireland July 24, 2012
    Total gross: $3,175,497
    Attendance: 33,953
    Price range: $170.56, $66.11
    3k is really a ship in the ocean when you compare the two tours though. Madonnas MDna tour is wiping the board of 2012 top grossing tours. She's on over €180,000,000 million so far on a lot less shows than gaga. Gagas total about 60% of that but with a lot more shows done.
    Just goes to show even after 30 years madonna the most successful touring artist out there 😀

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Dublinwon wrote: »
    3k is really a ship in the ocean when you compare the two tours though. Madonnas MDna tour is wiping the board of 2012 top grossing tours. She's on over €180,000,000 million so far on a lot less shows than gaga. Gagas total about 60% of that but with a lot more shows done.
    Just goes to show even after 30 years madonna the most successful touring artist out there 😀

And Madonna tickets seem to be more expensive then Gaga

And Madonna tickets seem to be more expensive then Gaga

Good point yeah,they are more expensive.

They are more expensive...Madonna's tours were no where near this when She was only a few years in.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,069 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

They are more expensive...Madonna's tours were no where near this when She was only a few years in.

If we are talking attendance, not really.
    The Who's That Girl tour, 39 concerts 2.5 million people. . .

Irish Aris wrote: »
    If we are talking attendance, not really.
    The Who's That Girl tour, 39 concerts 2.5 million people. . .

Well I'm just saying I can't think of anyone else who at a few years in could fill Stadiums around the world,Re-Invention World Tour 900,000 attendance BTWB has already well passed that,Not trying to start a MADONNA V GAGA war but Both of them are the only females I know of that have had such success in touring

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

Well I'm just saying I can't think of anyone else who at a few years in could fill Stadiums around the world,Re-Invention World Tour 900,000 attendance BTWB has already well passed that,Not trying to start a MADONNA V GAGA war but Both of them are the only females I know of that have had such success in touring

Pink would be up there as well now, but it took her a bit longer to reach stadium status than it did Madonna or Gaga though. Other than that, not too many that would be considered for stadiums.

Beyonce would be popular but wouldn't think she'd do stadiums. Did Britney ever do the stadium world tour?

Maire2009 wrote: »

Pink would be up there as well now, but it took her a bit longer to reach stadium status than it did Madonna or Gaga though. Other than that, not too many that would be considered for stadiums.

Beyonce would be popular but wouldn't think she'd do stadiums. Did Britney ever do the stadium world tour?

No, please let's not get into another Madonna v gaga war. Totally tired of it. No, I don't think Britney ever reached stadium status neither did beyonce. Again, I'm not hating on them I'm just saying they are very much arena acts .
    On the aforementioned two you have to give major kudos to them for actually the opposite reasons ; to gaga for quickly reaching stadium successes and very extensive world tours and to Madonna for still being able to sell stadiums so long in the game,30 years on .
    I obviously have made my opinion on gaga before and as I said I don't want to get into fan wars but what I do have to give to gaga ( obviously as well as my one and only Madonna) is that she is a Worldwide star and not a uk/irl only star ahem Like most popular acts today .

No, please let's not get into another Madonna v gaga war. Totally tired of it. No, I don't think Britney ever reached stadium status neither did beyonce. Again, I'm not hating on them I'm just saying they are very much arena acts .
    On the aforementioned two you have to give major kudos to them for actually the opposite reasons ; to gaga for quickly reaching stadium successes and very extensive world tours and to Madonna for still being able to sell stadiums so long in the game,30 years on .
    I obviously have made my opinion on gaga before and as I said I don't want to get into fan wars but what I do have to give to gaga ( obviously as well as my one and only Madonna) is that she is a Worldwide star and not a uk/irl only star ahem Like most popular acts today .

Strong rumours of Gaga and Madonna being on stage together quite soon at a one off show. That would be interesting.

Just for the record, Ray of Light is one of the best albums ever made. I'm not even that much into pop but there is just something about Lady Gaga ... I don't know, just love her.

Strong rumours of Gaga and Madonna being on stage together quite soon at a one off show. That would be interesting.

Just for the record, Ray of Light is one of the best albums ever made. I'm not even that much into pop but there is just something about Lady Gaga ... I don't know, just love her.

Ray of light is epic alright and I even bought the fame which I loved. I think my gripe with gaga is more with her fans to be honest, they are too hardcore . No offence to any of you here but a lot of monsters seem to be so full of hate and into bullying other stars/fans which i thought gaga was so against.
    I don't want to get into another debate as its been done so many times I just wanted to come back here to say credit where credit is due , for both acts really. Anyway I'll leave this forum ,it is however one about lady gaga .i just came back here as to be honest the Madonna one was full of more hatred for her( albeit not all from gaga fans) from mostly people slagging off her age etc which I do find offensive and hurtful as I don't believe we should all crawl under a rock and die once we hit 50.
    On a positive note to leave on, it would be very interesting to see Madonna and gaga perform together , I'm sure those two would be electric together. The thing is the fans would probably kill each other in the aftermath !! Ok signing off . Peace

Ray of light is epic alright and I even bought the fame which I loved. I think my gripe with gaga is more with her fans to be honest, they are too hardcore . No offence to any of you here but a lot of monsters seem to be so full of hate and into bullying other stars/fans which i thought gaga was so against.
    I don't want to get into another debate as its been done so many times I just wanted to come back here to say credit where credit is due , for both acts really. Anyway I'll leave this forum ,it is however one about lady gaga .i just came back here as to be honest the Madonna one was full of more hatred for her( albeit not all from gaga fans) from mostly people slagging off her age etc which I do find offensive and hurtful as I don't believe we should all crawl under a rock and die once we hit 50.
    On a positive note to leave on, it would be very interesting to see Madonna and gaga perform together , I'm sure those two would be electric together. The thing is the fans would probably kill each other in the aftermath !! Ok signing off . Peace

Actually agree with you on some of Gaga fans - but a lot of them are kids though, or immature teenagers. The internet has given rise to these stan wars. Pity, but what can you do - people always think what they like/who they follow is the best.

I agree some of them throw 'shade' but its really only fuelled by the 'reductive' comments etc,I haven't come across the little monsters being as hard core with the hatred though,They might post an age joke or something but I see Madonna fans with blogs and pages dedicated to it,If people spend so much time on hate I feel sorry for them.
    Try stay away from articles about her especially the comments section on Daily Mail full of bullies,Its not good for your mental health to retaliate to it,Just report someone on here if they do it there are specific threads for peoples interest,If it doesn't interest you F**k off!
    Ya id say they have something planned for South America considering how close the dates are.

Ya Pink is really popular in Australia especially,ELEVEN nights in Sydney! Ya I was thinking Beyoncé too,Na Britney really struggles when it comes to touring well not that bad considering she hasn't sung live in a LONG time ;)

Advertisement