Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lady Gaga - Aviva Stadium - 15 September

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

From Cork, so a trip to be made! Not even sure if im staying overnight etc lol

Pretty clear where Im from I hope :)

Could we start a FB group or something?

Kerry? :confused:

:PAC:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 KieranDilligaf

Pretty clear where Im from I hope :)

Could we start a FB group or something?

Yeah facebook group cool :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 KieranDilligaf

Yeah facebook group cool :)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/183147645138885/

Group ^

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭PeadarGalway

Jaysus, fair play! Youre a quick worker :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

I know some people are queuing from 8am but those are the ones that want Monster Pit and front row.

I'm not going to bother. I have an early entrance ticket so will use that and get to the barrier just behind the Monster Pit. By the look of the stage she'll have a cat walk all around so hopefully I can get a close up when she struts her way around. Plus, I'm not too fond of the idea of getting poked in the eye with someone's coke can in their hair ha ha

I'm so looking forward to hearing Bloody Mary, Government Hooker, and Scheisse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭musicmania

Maire2009 wrote: »
    I know some people are queuing from 8am but those are the ones that want Monster Pit and front row.

I'm not going to bother. I have an early entrance ticket so will use that and get to the barrier just behind the Monster Pit. By the look of the stage she'll have a cat walk all around so hopefully I can get a close up when she struts her way around. Plus, I'm not too fond of the idea of getting poked in the eye with someone's coke can in their hair ha ha

I'm so looking forward to hearing Bloody Mary, Government Hooker, and Scheisse.

Just be warned there is a strong possibility of you getting squashed from where you intend to stand. I witnessed it from the pit in Slane last year and also from the golden circle at Bon Jovi that the people on the outside barrier were squashed from the crowds behind. I just wish Lady Gaga had done what Madonna has done and just charge €10 extra for the pit. I decided to opt for seated tickets for Lady Gaga because I didn't fancy queueing half the day and incase it is raining at least in the premier level we will be dry.

musicmania wrote: »
    Just be warned there is a strong possibility of you getting squashed from where you intend to stand. I witnessed it from the pit in Slane last year and also from the golden circle at Bon Jovi that the people on the outside barrier were squashed from the crowds behind. I just wish Lady Gaga had done what Madonna has done and just charge €10 extra for the pit. I decided to opt for seated tickets for Lady Gaga because I didn't fancy queueing half the day and incase it is raining at least in the premier level we will be dry.

Ah yeah, I know it'll be a tight squeeze :) I might just wear a costume you know, the one from the Monster Ball where she performs Bad Romance, the one with the spikes :D

If it gets too uncomfortable I'll move back, but I'll give it a go anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭AlmostCared

What time would be good to start queuing? Would 2pm be too early or too late? I just really wanna get into the monster pit, then again don't we all :D

Being first there will not get you access to the monster pit. Of course being there early helps but it's a random choice made by stewards. The pit tickets will go to whoever is dressed to impress, waited longest and most enthusiastic. For people who are standing but without packages there will be two queues, one for access and another one for the pit. Obviously, not everyone who queues for the pit will get in. The real catch is that if you queue for the pit, you will be left in AFTER the other standing people are left in. So it's a tough decision. Bit bizarre but that's how the tour works I guess....
    Hope this helped some of ye :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Being first there will not get you access to the monster pit. Of course being there early helps but it's a random choice made by stewards. The pit tickets will go to whoever is dressed to impress, waited longest and most enthusiastic. For people who are standing but without packages there will be two queues, one for access and another one for the pit. Obviously, not everyone who queues for the pit will get in. The real catch is that if you queue for the pit, you will be left in AFTER the other standing people are left in. So it's a tough decision. Bit bizarre but that's how the tour works I guess....

Stewards/Security will NOT have any influence over who gets into the pit (for this gig anyway).
    It will solely be down to Gaga's people

scudzilla wrote: »

Stewards/Security will NOT have any influence over who gets into the pit (for this gig anyway).
    It will solely be down to Gaga's people

That's who I meant. One very lucky person from the pit will also get chosen to meet Gaga herself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 FreeasmyHair

The real catch is that if you queue for the pit, you will be left in AFTER the other standing people are left in.
    But how will that be a problem if they're not allowed in the monster pit? Oh do you mean if you don't get access from queuing at the monster pit queue, you'll be last going in after people who didn't line up for the same queue?

Due to venue capacity issues, only those with GA floor tickets will be eligible to earn Monster Pit access.

For safety & security reasons, fans won't be permitted to line up at the venue before 8am local time the day of the show; those with GA floor tickets can line up in the Monster Pit eligibility line. The afternoon of each show, Monster Pit access wristbands will be distributed to GA floor ticket holders who have arrived first, waited the longest, and are dressed to "Ball."

A very limited amount of Monster Pit passes will be held and distributed at random each night for those who do NOT have GA floor tickets; these will be awarded to fans who arrived first, waited longest, + dressed to "Ball" but fo not have GA floor tickets.

To be honest, I think its all a bit of talk. Its still going to be all of her "Superfans" queuing up and they'll most likely be in costumes. It mentions the afternoon of the show, so that's what? Between 2-4pm? You'll get Monster Pit of you're willing to queue.

They are not going to say "Oh, you're outfit's so poor" and ignore you and give it to the next person. It'll be like any other pit with the exception that others without GA will get tickets to get in - now they will be judged on the above. And at that - why get a seated ticket if you want to try and get pit access?

Due to venue capacity issues, only those with GA floor tickets will be eligible to earn Monster Pit access.

For safety & security reasons, fans won't be permitted to line up at the venue before 8am local time the day of the show; those with GA floor tickets can line up in the Monster Pit eligibility line. The afternoon of each show, Monster Pit access wristbands will be distributed to GA floor ticket holders who have arrived first, waited the longest, and are dressed to "Ball."

A very limited amount of Monster Pit passes will be held and distributed at random each night for those who do NOT have GA floor tickets; these will be awarded to fans who arrived first, waited longest, + dressed to "Ball" but fo not have GA floor tickets.

To be honest, I think its all a bit of talk. Its still going to be all of her "Superfans" queuing up and they'll most likely be in costumes. It mentions the afternoon of the show, so that's what? Between 2-4pm? You'll get Monster Pit of you're willing to queue.

They are not going to say "Oh, you're outfit's so poor" and ignore you and give it to the next person. It'll be like any other pit with the exception that others without GA will get tickets to get in - now they will be judged on the above. And at that - why get a seated ticket if you want to try and get pit access?

Well these are the terms for all her shows. Gates will probably open at 3.30 or 4 for the premium standers. I'd say you'd want to be there at 1 or 2 at the very latest. It won't be easy getting into the pit though...

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭roryj123

glad everyone got a ticket! got my standing ticket bought delighted! anyone know how its selling/demand it will take a while to fill up that huge stadium!

The real catch is that if you queue for the pit, you will be left in AFTER the other standing people are left in.
    But how will that be a problem if they're not allowed in the monster pit? Oh do you mean if you don't get access from queuing at the monster pit queue, you'll be last going in after people who didn't line up for the same queue?

Yeah. I suppose it's a way of keeping the crowds in order as well...

Well these are the terms for all her shows. Gates will probably open at 3.30 or 4 for the premium standers. I'd say you'd want to be there at 1 or 2 at the very latest. It won't be easy getting into the pit though...

Gates don't open till 6 as far as I know.

They're not going to open the gates at 4 and not have Gaga on until 8.30/9pm. They normally just let in the early entrance people about 20/30mins before the rest. Gaga and her people can't dictate what time people are left in, that's a security issue.

Gates don't open till 6 as far as I know.

They're not going to open the gates at 4 and not have Gaga on until 8.30/9pm. They normally just let in the early entrance people about 20/30mins before the rest. Gaga and her people can't dictate what time people are left in, that's a security issue.

6 is when the concert begins with The Darkness and Lady Starlight. Lady Gaga won't be on until 8 or 8.30 like you said though...

roryj123 wrote: »
    glad everyone got a ticket! got my standing ticket bought delighted! anyone know how its selling/demand it will take a while to fill up that huge stadium!

There was still standing tickets last night - I think the more expensive seats are doing pretty well. I reckon it will slowly sell out. If Twickenham sells out quick on Friday, I can see a lot of the UK crowd trying to come to Dublin.

6 is when the concert begins with The Darkness and Lady Starlight. Lady Gaga won't be on until 8 or 8.30 like you said though...

I've an early entrance ticket so I'll be getting an e-mail with details before the gig anyways, so I'll post what I'm told once I get it, might give people an idea of times.

Any idea how many of these Government Hooker tickets/packages would have gone on sale?

roryj123 wrote: »

There was still standing tickets last night - I think the more expensive seats are doing pretty well. I reckon it will slowly sell out. If Twickenham sells out quick on Friday, I can see a lot of the UK crowd trying to come to Dublin.

I think all the €54 seats are gone as well. My friend said that he couldn't get those tickets today. I think people aren't going for the standing tickets because it will be a huge amount of people standing and the premium seats are only €10 dearer and you're protected from the rain. That's why I went for the seated anyway...

• Advertisement

I think all the €54 seats are gone as well. My friend said that he couldn't get those tickets today. I think people aren't going for the standing tickets because it will be a huge amount of people standing and the premium seats are only €10 dearer and you're protected from the rain. That's why I went for the seated anyway...

I need room for dancing :p and anyway, I'm hoping to be in the middle, not too fond of looking at the stage from an angle.

There are 4 stages being built - it takes 5 days to put it together. Should be awesome.

Starts in South Korea next week, so I'll be all over youtube looking for the set-list etc.

I've an early entrance ticket so I'll be getting an e-mail with details before the gig anyways, so I'll post what I'm told once I get it, might give people an idea of times.

Any idea how many of these Government Hooker tickets/packages would have gone on sale?

I was going to go for that package but they're so dear! I think the pricing is the real downfall of this concert. €54 is a reasonable amount for standing, not the €80 she was charging. Awh, you'll get good standing places then. I think it would be for hard for normal standing ticket holders to get a good spot. Well you'd probably be let in at 4? Then the rest at 5? That's my guess anyway. I think it starts at 6 with Lady Starlight followed by The Darkness and then Gaga herself. Woo.

I was going to go for that package but they're so dear! I think the pricing is the real downfall of this concert. €54 is a reasonable amount for standing, not the €80 she was charging. Awh, you'll get good standing places then. I think it would be for hard for normal standing ticket holders to get a good spot. Well you'd probably be let in at 4? Then the rest at 5? That's my guess anyway. I think it starts at 6 with Lady Starlight followed by The Darkness and then Gaga herself. Woo.

Yeah they are pricey, but I love Gaga and want a good view. Plus my friends don't like queuing and I don't like been at the back, so it works fine. They can join their queue when I'm going in through early entrance. I'm staying in a hotel about 5/10mins away, so I can just check in there and head down and see what the craic is.

I wonder what my "special tour gift" will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭fufureida

musicmania wrote: »
    I decided to opt for seated tickets for Lady Gaga because I didn't fancy queueing half the day and incase it is raining at least in the premier level we will be dry.

Sitting at a Lady Gaga concert? What kind of person ARE YOU???!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 FreeasmyHair

So would queuing early and dressing up increase the chances of getting in the monster pit, how many people would fit in it anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

fufureida wrote: »
    Sitting at a Lady Gaga concert? What kind of person ARE YOU???!!!

I'd be the same TBH I like Lady Gaga and want to see her without all the chaos.

Misticles wrote: »
    Didn't even try! Will try get one when she announces another date or closer to the time...

there won't be any more Irish dates for this tour!

So would queuing early and dressing up increase the chances of getting in the monster pit, how many people would fit in it anyway?

its who ever is first in the que first gets it and the Haus will be picking people to meet her back stage after the wackiest costume will be your best chance!

Ya I noticed quite a few people coming over from Scotland and other places since Manchester was gone so quick

• Advertisement

What time would be good to start queuing? Would 2pm be too early or too late? I just really wanna get into the monster pit, then again don't we all :D

id say after 12 your fine you can't que any earlier than 8am it says!

Advertisement