Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buying Online?

• 09-04-2012 12:22pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31

Just a quick one, do many of ye buy your farming equitment online? ie fencers, posts, gate handles, electric tape etc..And if so where do ye find best? and are they cheaper than your local co-op?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31 brahma

Anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭Farmer Pudsey

Look at the prices on magentadirect.ie and see what you think at present I think local co-op's are trying it on a bit I have not purchassed animal medicine ie fluke and worm products and vaxcines from a co-op in years neither ration I buy in bulk from a mill I find that even things like stakes etc are dear there and they sell alot of rubbish stakes etc. Have not bought a lot off of the above site but it looks compeditive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Bodacious

Look at the prices on magentadirect.ie and see what you think at present I think local co-op's are trying it on a bit I have not purchassed animal medicine ie fluke and worm products and vaxcines from a co-op in years neither ration I buy in bulk from a mill I find that even things like stakes etc are dear there and they sell alot of rubbish stakes etc. Have not bought a lot off of the above site but it looks compeditive

I found Magenta way off the mark pricewise, far better uk sites like chemistdirect, bestpet and fanevalleystores in portadown beat them hands down, being getting stuff lately from agridirect.ie... They bang on to deal with and very prompt free delivery ! I think though you have to shop round if you need alot of stuff I kinda use the 200ml of ivomec Super as an indicator of whether they worth looking at or trying it on... Amazing the variation in prices sometimes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭Farmer Pudsey

tbh I do not deal with nagent direct for animal medicines I get from an independent supplier I get bimectin ivermection injection @ 100 euro for 1.75L ( 3X500m+1X250mbottles) also I get flukiver 1.5L (6X250m bottles) @ 120 euro I cannot remember what I paid for deldrax last year.

I was just comparing fencing costs between co-op and magent they are a bit cheaper also I find the Co-op very expensive if you get caught for ration etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭razor8

http://www.midlandvet.ie are very keen as well i find

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

I think just like the calf prices only thread, there could be scope to have a thread about online ag suppliers in Ireland, even if for now just a list of all the places that have prices online (which is the question asked in this thread). It certainly helps to be able to quickly checkup the price of an item online, before I go to the local co-op etc and just blindly pay the price for anything there.

I think the thread could expand onto maybe the top 20 items that farmers buy (or maybe separate threads for cattle/sheep etc), and then the lowest price for that item. It would be in all our interests to post up and find the best price for that product.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭enricoh

yeh, buy a good bit of stuff off genfitt in mayo and gwaza, often pay treble 4 the same in the local shop!

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭raindodger

razor8 wrote: »

is there some way to look at there shop or do you have to register some way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Bodacious

raindodger wrote: »
    razor8 wrote: »

+1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭razor8

raindodger wrote: »
    you need to register to view prices, i dont think they can be beaten on sheep products anyhow

• Advertisement
Advertisement