Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tv reception Grange Rath

Options
  • 09-04-2012 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

What's up with the tv reception in Grange Rath? Can't get any signal in my apartment. Is it a case that people just go with Sky/cable?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭tribalwings

Would you need a saorview box? I think the aerials reception is done away with everywhere now

In Louth you most likely receive channels from the Clermont Carn transmitter near the border. The analogue services will close in October but Saorview is available. Reception in Drogheda can be hit and miss but should improve once the analogue switches off.

Are you trying to use an indoor aerial at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Tired Tina

I tried using a Saorview box and a reception booster but no joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭kbell

Those apartments are all pre cabled for Sky and theres an aerial mounted on the building too (unless its come down over the years and wasn't replaced) some of the older apartment's communal systems in the first phase are in poor repair and thats why so many people have their own dish installed.
    In most of the apartments up there it maybe a case that the cable behind the wall plate isn't connected to the outlet, if you remove the cover you'll see 2,3 maybe 4 co-ax cables, one or two depending on which building you're in, run out to the communal multiswitch cabinet the other (s) run to the bedrooms.

Drop me a pm if ye need any more info.

Advertisement