Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike stolen outside central hotel 8/4/12

Options
  • 09-04-2012 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭

Gutted to have had my bike stolen off the bike racks outside the central hotel, Exchequer st in Dublin city centre.
    All I can do is ask you to keep an eye out. This is the 4th bike stolen in the last two weeks amongst people I know and from that area.

Thanks.

Pic below.
    http://pic.twitter.com/cW9iWHEx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭not even wrong

get a proper lock (actually get two proper locks, one U-lock and one chain) for your next bike, cable locks like the one in your picture will hardly even slow a thief down.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Shhh

moonboy wrote: »
    Gutted to have had my bike stolen off the bike racks outside the central hotel, Exchequer st in Dublin city centre.
    All I can do is ask you to keep an eye out. This is the 4th bike stolen in the last two weeks amongst people I know and from that area.

Thanks.

Pic below.
    http://pic.twitter.com/cW9iWHEx

Commiserations. I've had 1 stolen so far this year (1 last year too). Was it day or night? I thought that area would be ok especially during the day...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,219 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Go have a look early Saturday morning in the market on North Cumberland Street, off Parnell Street. You may get it back for 20 euro or so.

Try some cycle shops around town that sell second hand bikes. There is a well known 'character' (ask in any northside Garda station) on the NCR seems to have a lot of mising bicycles come into her hands - allegedly.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭moonboy

get a proper lock (actually get two proper locks, one U-lock and one chain) for your next bike, cable locks like the one in your picture will hardly even slow a thief down.
    had that crappy yellow lock plus a not-so-great u-lock. its mostly my fault but figured since it was right out in the open and wouldnt been left for too long, that it was okay. happened at night. it was probably one of 3 times leaving it outside having lived in the city for 2 years!

ah well ... next bike will be fort knox.

Advertisement