Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Purely gaming

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Looks almost identical to what I just ordered. Actually, apart from the PSU and the case, it *is* what I just ordered I think :P

Thus I'm pretty sure it's a solid build. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭papajimsmooth

how have you found it so far and what sort of speakers did you opt for?
    I think the graphics card is out of stock is there a similar one i could go for?

how have you found it so far and what sort of speakers did you opt for?
    I think the graphics card is out of stock is there a similar one i could go for?

I only ordered it recently, so it hasn't even arrived yet. I have an old set of dell speakers which I'll be using for now, I have no need for anything too fancy.

As for the graphics card, if you're set on the 7870, here's what's currently available on HWVS

Item|Price
    HIS HD 7870 IceQ X Turbo GDDR5 2048MB DVI/HDMI/2xMini DP|€337.21
    Club 3D Radeon HD 7870, 2048MB GDDR5, AMD Radeon HD 7870, PCI- Express|€308.01
    Gigabyte Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition, 2GB GDDR5, PCI-Express|€313.06
    Powercolor HD7870 2GB GDDR5|€304.74

if you really want to the saphire OC one, it's here on dabs, with free shipping. They do have to "order it in on request" so I don't know how long that would take.

PS: I'm relatively new to all this so one of the more regular posters might want to look this over too.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

corsair 500R WHITE, oh my! someone has a good taste ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

This is ridiculously similar to what I'm building in a month or two, except I won't need a monitor, so will spend the excess on a better mobo and maybe a H100 for the lols :pac:

500R white is definitely the case to go for :cool:

• Advertisement

Guys guys... black cases clearly make it run quieter and less noticable... EVIDENCE:

resource?articleId=36379&size=2

000056m.jpg

It's science :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Meh, I have a black laptop, phone, monitor, PS3, mouse. I want something different dammit :pac:

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Guys guys... black cases clearly make it run quieter and less noticable... EVIDENCE:

resource?articleId=36379&size=2

000056m.jpg

It's science :P

750546.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

Just to clarify, you're referring to the case, right?? (:

Edit-typo.

glynf wrote: »
    Just to clarify, you're reflecting to the case, right?? (:

ofc case! :D

• Advertisement

if i was to get the extreme mb would that power supply be enough to run 2 7870 in the future?

For two 7870 I would look in to something like 700w maybe even 750w for overclocking

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

For two 7870 I would look in to something like 700w maybe even 750w for overclocking

I'm running two 6950's and an overclocked 2500k just fine on a 650w.

Can you suggest a good one?

I'm running two 6950's and an overclocked 2500k just fine on a 650w.

just checked there and looks like 650w should be enough. do you have everything overclocked on 650w?

so op, you might go for 650w, though if that would be me, i would get 750w just for the sake of it. *but i am a weirdo to begin with ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

just checked there and looks like 650w should be enough. do you have everything overclocked on 650w?

so op, you might go for 650w, though if that would be me, i would get 750w just for the sake of it. *but i am a weirdo to begin with ;)

All but my 6950's, which I actually plan to OC today.

So i seem to be short a screw for the heatsink, what do i do now?

Ok so i got a new screw for the heatsink but there dosent seem to be any screws to mount the ssd to the slot, hmm dont know if i can just stick it in for the time being?

Ok so i got a new screw for the heatsink but there dosent seem to be any screws to mount the ssd to the slot, hmm dont know if i can just stick it in for the time being?

Just have it losse. It's light and has no moving parts in it. So don't worry.

think i got it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭..Brian..

Post pics!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,466 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I velcroed my SSD to the side of the case for quick removal

Advertisement