Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Macbook Air Bulging Battery

• 09-04-2012 2:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 980 ✭✭✭

I have a 2 1/2 year old Macbook Air which TBH see's little use, but went to use it this morning and noticed a whopper of a bulge at the lower right keyboard and right palm rest. Exactly the same as this - now not only has it damaged the case badly but it now cuts out after running for about 7-8 minutes and heats up quite a bit.

Bit of googling later discovered it's a known fault. Anyone had any dealings with Apple regarding this? How do I approach them about it - could I go to a reseller like CompuB and see if they can do anything or should I just argue the toss with Apple direct? Being an older computer I can see them telling me out of warranty etc but surely a highend product costing that much should last longer than 2 1/2 years!

Starting to questions Apples build quality now - iMac went back after 3 weeks for new harddrive and again after speakers started humming and the 4S has been back twice - once for battery and again for internal speaker :rolleyes:

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Yeah, get on to Apple and see what they say. Did you buy it from them?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Your contract is with the shop you bought it. If you bought it at a reseller, Apple don't have to do anything.

Advertisement