Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vectrex Stuff

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

The Vectrex is as Iconic a design as you can get without many people ever having heard of it!
    It's beautiful!
    It's the perfect retro console, impossible to properly emulate, no matter how great your setup, only the real thing will do.

WARNING...
    Anyone who sticks vinyl stickers to their Vectrex will face measures, namely being locked in a pantry, given a large wedgie, a 3rd degree chinese burn and be forced to play LoD from beginning to end.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,876 ✭✭✭Steve X2

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    The Vectrex is as Iconic a design as you can get without many people ever having heard of it!
    It's beautiful!
    It's the perfect retro console, impossible to properly emulate, no matter how great your setup, only the real thing will do.

WARNING...
    Anyone who sticks vinyl stickers to their Vectrex will face measures, namely being locked in a pantry, given a large wedgie, a 3rd degree chinese burn and be forced to play LoD from beginning to end.

The idea of putting stickers on the sides makes me feel a bit "funny" in my bum :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Steve SI wrote: »
    The idea of putting stickers on the sides makes me feel a bit "funny" in my bum :confused:

Your nowhere near Retr0 at all are you?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Erm...
    Not sure what to say there...
    Funny you say...
    Ehmmm,
    hmmm.....
    Well, eh...
    Good luck with that, I'm just going to the less awkward Sony forum to slag off Legend of Dragoon....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

EnterNow wrote: »

I'm just after clicking in here from the General thread where the last post was Cidey jizzing in his pants. Now Steve is having issues with his backside... :eek:

• Advertisement

Andrew76 wrote: »
    I'm just after clicking in here from the General thread where the last post was Cidey jizzing in his pants. Now Steve is having issues with his backside... :eek:

It doesn't take a detective to piece together what really went on :p

Yeah, but someone mentioned a Neo Geo handheld with a SD card slot...
    A feck, it happened again, mentioning an Sd card slot and I just went and...

Ehh, I don't think so but there are a good few manly ladies around the IT Dept today. So I cant say for sure.

Erm...
    Not sure what to say there...
    Funny you say...
    Ehmmm,
    hmmm.....
    Well, eh...
    Good luck with that, I'm just going to the less awkward Sony forum to slag off Legend of Dragoon....

Surely you are familiar with the connection between unsightly Vectrex mods and bum discomforts Cidey?

SD%20slot.jpg

Ehh, I don't think so but there are a good few manly ladies around the IT Dept today. So I cant say for sure

He's not there so, your safe :pac:

• Advertisement

SD%20slot.jpg

WTF Dude, wheres the NSFW tag????? :eek:

No, that's just a nude one, much sexier when it is in a megadrive clone handheld or a Neogeo X... bugger...

Ah, I think feel better now, must be spent!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭Doge

Of all threads to descend into bum bum chaos, this was the last one I would have expected!

That's last time I'm going to post a pic of slutty vinyl material, to be safe I'll have to make sure PVC and leather items are not posted also!

waveform wrote: »
    Of all threads to descend into bum bum chaos, this was the last one I would have expected!

That's last time I'm going to post a pic of slutty vinyl material, to be safe I'll have to make sure PVC and leather items are not posted also!

1g0z2c.jpg

So the VecMulti arrived today. I stuck a couple of pics up in the "post here...new" thread but I thought I'd post a few more here of the internals.
    It came with a 32MB Micro SD card which is big enough for every original game as well as all the homebrew stuff that's available.

It looks like there's also a 4 hole pin out for USB(called dev on the board) and another 10 hole pin out for something else(anyone???) on the board.

Pics aren't great as they're from my phone(no DSLR here):
    veccrt1.png

veccrt2.png

photo1yc.jpg

photo2xue.jpg

photo3dp.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Relikk

It looks like there's also a 4 hole pin out for USB(called dev on the board) and another 10 hole pin out for something else(anyone???) on the board.

It's most likely for updating the carts firmware via JTAG using something like an Altera USB Blaster. Everdrive flash carts have those same ports for that purpose, also.

Just got the repro overlays in the post. He included a second one as a freebie so that was cool.
    I have to be honest, these things are a bit crappy and best avoided. Nice guy to deal with and he stresses that these are not going to look as well as the original and will never be mistaken for an original either.

I'll post up some pics in a while.

It was worth a shot but a naked Vectrex screen is still a thing of beauty, especially my one :D

Thanks for the feedback Steve! Now all thats left for you is to order the 2 silk screen overlay's from vectrex.co.uk......

Just kidding! :p
    I'll probably order them myself alright though. ;)

I could open my serial port Vec Flash cart but I wouldn't risk busting it!
    Can I say once again how much I adore the Vectrex?
    Oh, I just did:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Can I say once again how much I adore the Vectrex?

You should really gut it and convert it to a Mame mini cab :D

• Advertisement

Well t's sure been nice having you around and best of luck, just leave your A&R membership on the table on your way out, and don't let the door hit you on the backside as you go, I don't want your ass-prints on the A&R front door...
    Now, beat it, Ya Bum!

And don't forget the shiny vinyl decals, you gotta smother it with them Ciderdude! ;)

Looks like some people will be getting a little visit from the smack fairy when I see them...

Still waiting impatiently on mine.

I've a feeling a missed a delivery by a 5 minutes on Wednesday as I saw an post van pass me 5 minutes after I left..

The last time they left no ****ing slip in the door either when I missed a delivery.

It seriously pisses me off, how the **** are you meant to be able to tell if they came or not?

I think I'll have to install a security camera, and monitor motion, but the I shouldn't have to.

I seriously need to make an official complaint on this.

I've a feeling a missed a delivery by a 5 minutes on Wednesday as I saw an post van pass me 5 minutes after I left

Ah yes, Postvan Paranoia. We all get it after ordering big items :D

Ah yes, Postvan Paranoia. We all get it after ordering big items :D

This was one of the smaller vans, which happens to be driven by the new guy that isn't doing his job, who has made the last few deliveries to the house.

I'd say the chances are high he attempted a delivery that day, its almost always between 10-12 he arrives, and this was only down the road from my house.

If he actually bothered to leave a slip, I wouldn't have to be guessing.

I'll be checking the sorting office tomorrow anyways regardless.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2011/1122/1224307950419.html

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056455496

I'd be much happier if he did that! At least I'd know it's actually in the country then!

This was one of the smaller vans, which happens to be driven by the new guy that isn't doing his job, who has made the last few deliveries to the house.

I'd say the chances are high he attempted a delivery that day, its almost always between 10-12 he arrives, and this was only down the road from my house.

If he actually bothered to leave a slip, I wouldn't have to be guessing.

I'll be checking the sorting office tomorrow anyways regardless.

I went through a phase of that, sick of no notifications & failed deliveries without even knocking I eventually rang up the head office & complained. Funnily enough it got sorted, there must have been numerous other complaints. My point is, ring up & make it known your not getting the proper service.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,930 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I've started referring to that as the 'Green slip of Death'. Mainly because my local depo is a bus ride away :(

• Advertisement

I went through a phase of that, sick of no notifications & failed deliveries without even knocking I eventually rang up the head office & complained. Funnily enough it got sorted, there must have been numerous other complaints. My point is, ring up & make it known your not getting the proper service.

Ranting is good. You know usually when you have an angry rant about something, a big surprise raises its head, stops you in your tracks, and makes a complete fool out of you.

The package just arrived................but with DPD. :D

I guess I should have really asked the non-english speaking german seller for a tracking number, even though I assumed he sent it by standard post.

Lets hope it isn't smashed to bits when I open it! ;)

Having a Vectrex in my hands is seriously worth the embarrasment of blaming An Post. ;)

Advertisement