Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doctor Glasnevin/Ballymun area

Options
  • 09-04-2012 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

Have a fab doctor in Glasnevin but he's retiring. Was thinking I'd like a female doctor that possibly has a nurse in house but not a necessity. Anywhere around Glasnevin, Ballymun or Finglas would be great. I got 1 recommendation for a female doctor but she is only there 3 days a week. I also got a recommendation for an older woman who's not as 'with it' as she's rocking on 60 so the prospect of having another doctor retiring anytime in the next few years isn't too appealing.

Many thanks in advance :-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Galadriel

Brazzer wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Have a fab doctor in Glasnevin but he's retiring. Was thinking I'd like a female doctor that possibly has a nurse in house but not a necessity. Anywhere around Glasnevin, Ballymun or Finglas would be great. I got 1 recommendation for a female doctor but she is only there 3 days a week. I also got a recommendation for an older woman who's not as 'with it' as she's rocking on 60 so the prospect of having another doctor retiring anytime in the next few years isn't too appealing.

Many thanks in advance :-)

I go to Dr. Chambers on Glasnevin Avenue, I find her very good, she also has a nurse there every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Galadriel wrote: »
    I go to Dr. Chambers on Glasnevin Avenue, I find her very good, she also has a nurse there every day.

That's who I was going to say too.

Gave the good news about babies being on the way too.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Brazzer

Thanks for the replies guys, I was told about Dr Chambers but isn't she an older woman of approx 60? I was also told she'd be retiring in a few years... She's only up the road from me and would be great as she's local, do you know if she sits everyday?

Thanks again :-)

Thanks for the replies guys, I was told about Dr Chambers but isn't she an older woman of approx 60? I was also told she'd be retiring in a few years... She's only up the road from me and would be great as she's local, do you know if she sits everyday?

Thanks again :-)

Wow, if she is 60 she looks very young for her age, I didn't hear anything about her retiring at all, I've been going to her for years.

Edit - She sits Monday to Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Brazzer

Thanks again for the replies guys, if she's not that old I might consider her. One other question, how much does she charge per visit? Have to admit i'm quite spoiled with the doctor I have now only charging 40euro, a friend of mine pays 55 to her doctor in swords and another pays 60 to his doctor in clondalkin. I've been a 'lifer' with my doctor so maybe that's why he's so cheap but I got a bit of a fright with the prospect of paying 60 and then a prescription on top of it, eeek!!

• Advertisement

Thanks again for the replies guys, if she's not that old I might consider her. One other question, how much does she charge per visit? Have to admit i'm quite spoiled with the doctor I have now only charging 40euro, a friend of mine pays 55 to her doctor in swords and another pays 60 to his doctor in clondalkin. I've been a 'lifer' with my doctor so maybe that's why he's so cheap but I got a bit of a fright with the prospect of paying 60 and then a prescription on top of it, eeek!!

She is definitely not old, she charges €55 per visit.

Advertisement