Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 2 Week 16 Results

Options
  • 09-04-2012 3:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Ravens 14 Jags 6

For all the hype about the Jags they're not much good at all

Horrible messy win
    Ravens run game is finally clicking and Ravens rush for just under two hundred yards
    Michael Bush with two TD's

Had a lead, started messing around and trying different plays and got four picks :rolleyes:

This game was never close or in doubt though, handy win

My favourite player SS Eric Berry continues his quest for a probowl spot with a pick for the third game in a row
    I'll be fuming if he doesn't make the pro-bowl

YOUR MOVE BENGALS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭NekoChan

Vikings 12 - Seahawks - 0

More balanced than score reflects; neither team could cross the goal line in this one.
    Vikings ran the ball for over 160 yds and Seahawks were having some trouble getting them stopped early on. Seahawks missed a couple of 50yd plus field goals that could have brought game back towards them in the first half.
    Both defenses working overtime - held Vikings up on goal line at end of second quarter.
    Seahawks went for at start of 4th quarter one yard out and couldn't come up with anything.
    Overall disappointing from the home team who just couldnt make it happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭linebacker52

redskins 41 bears 14

the bears lose again totally out played by the redskins tonight. the bears had less than 100 yards offense against a really good redskins defense. i leave up to nerd to fill you in on the full details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

The door is open Raoul :p

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Broncos@ Titans , Titans win the toss and kick first.

Broncos RB makes a big gain on the first play but gets injured and will sit out a series

Titans get a good sack in but the Broncos make a 3rd and 10

Then the Broncos throw a pick to McBath and he looks he's going to take it all the way but he gets stopped at the 30 yard line.

The Broncos D is making a great stand and and it forces a FG

0-3 Titans

Osi steps up with a monster hit on a 2nd and short but on 3rd and 8 a quick pass gets the chains moving

Broncos are on 3rd and 10 and go to the play theyve used before but dont make it.
    Then they punt and it goes on the right side of the pylon for the Titans

Titans offense is struggling and they have a 3 and out and then kick a terrible punt

Broncos make good progress but on a 3rd and 1 a great blitz forces a punt.

Titans get into the red zone and throw a stupid pick to a double covered WR and the Broncos make good return yards

However on a 3rd and 3 the Broncos air it and tbh it was a clean catch however the booth challenges and its ruled out of bounds.
    Broncos punt and Titans get it at the 7

Titans burn some time but are having a tough time on the ground and have to punt it away with less than 20 seconds in the half.

On the first play the Broncos go deep and Adrian Wilson picks it off
    and thats the half pretty much.

Titans get the ball and Best gets injured and will miss the game, a big loss.
    Titans go 3 and out again :mad:

Broncos get up the field very well but then take a monster sack which forces a punt which goes out at the 3.

Titans make good progres up the field mixing it up pretty well
    Finely makes a very important catch at the death of the 3rd quarter
    Then my GF walks in front of me as i'm in the red zone and she gets an earful, Titans settle for a FG

0-6 Titans with 6:53 on the clock

Osi steps up and gets himself a 15 yard sack pushing the Broncos back to the 5 yard line

Then... a key point in the game the middle line opens up and the RB ploughs throw but I think Osi hammers him and causes a fumble and the Titans recove.
    On the next play Bush powers into the end zone.

Titans dont go for 2 points

0-13 Titans with 5:30 on the clock
    Cody Hoppes beasting it at TE

Titans stop the Broncos on 3rd and 1 and the Broncos have to go for it and Hoppes comes up with the catch to move the chains

One a passplay a Titan D swots it down into the hands of a Bronco it gets them a first down.

Shortly after the Broncos get a passing TD.

7-14 Titans with 2:37 on the clock.

Titans are going to try to burn out the clock here

Titans go to a trusted pass play and inexplicably McNabb throws it miles away from the receiver and into the hands of a corner back.
    Broncos get the ball inside the 20, on 4th and 7 the Broncos pass and their receiver gets a first.

The Broncos have the ball on the 1 with less than 30 seconds and its frantic!

a TD will win the game for the Broncos and they get it :(

Titans have 16 seconds and 2 TOs left but they cant do anything.

Broncos win by a point and Titans GM is very annoyed as not going for the 2 point conversion has cost him the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Shane.C

I'm back for this one, so i'll rejoin the league ASAP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Bentlee Mushy Backhoe

redskins 41-14 bears

not a good night for the bears the redskins got 2 early tds unanswered and i think it hit the bears confidence a bit. bears came back with a td but redskins got one right back from there on the bears had bad luck on offense and just couldn't get moving.

redskins:
    kevin kolb-completed 19 of 29 for 331 yards 4tds and an interception (stupid pick six when i should have run out the clock at the end of the half)

chester taylor-19 attempts for 153 yards and a td

bears:
    eli manning-completed 8 of 16 for 73 yards and a td

cornell walker-12 attempts for 49 yards

antonio cromartie also got a pick 6

to summarise just a bad start for the bears the score makes it seem more one sided than it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭daflood

Titans @ Broncos was a game of seriously solid defense and VERY little offense!!

Lesean McCoy got injured in the first run play for the Broncos and the favour was returned in the second half when they injured Jahvid Best.

The linebacker play for the Titans was savage and really stopped my short passing and running.

Roy Helu really did NOT step up to the mark when he was given his big chance with LeSeans injury.

Not all that much (apart from great defense... mainly from the Titans) happened til the 4th when it was 6-0 Titans and Helu fumbled it around my own 20 yard line which quickly led to 13-0 deficit.

My next drive went to third down a good few times on the way to be 4th and 7 just inside Titans territory. I went for Manningham, who looks to be on his way out of Denver. He took the ball in mid air between the linebackers and was hit hard in the back, BUT HELD ON to move the chains. Maybe he IS better than a second rounder!

It led to a great touchdown with Megatron going up high giving the corners no chance.

13 - 7 Titans with around 2 mins 40 left.

After kickoff Titans look to run clock, which is defended by the Broncos leading to a 3rd and 10 and a pass attempt which is picked off and brought back to the 20 yard line.

This was a seriously tight game and I only just got it into the endzone from the twenty.

End score 14-13 Broncos

A great game and a great ending (for me anyway:D).

Best of luck Titans with the playoff hunt. Defense like that deserves to be in the playoffs!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Should have went for the 2.. was so pi$$ed off after the game but it was a very enjoyable game anyway.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

49ers beat the Rams 42 -10 to make sure of a wild card spot.

Things started off well for the rams with a TD off of the first play from scrimmage, an 82 yard pass from vick to gresham.

49ers responded on the next drive with a TD pass from Matt Cassell to Devery Henderson 7-7

After a bit of good defensive series from both teams Jamaal charles anounces his comeback with a 44 yard TD run 14-7

In the second quarter the 49ers Defense stood up and came up with a forced fumble that charles turned into another TD 21-7. Right before half time Cassell hit tate on a depp pass but he was dragged down at the 2 as time expired.HT 21-7.

Defenses primarily on top in the 3rd quarter with the rams adding a FG to make it 21-10 but the rams woes continued in the 4th quarter as they turned the ball over a few times and the 49ers added 3 td's including a pick 6 from robinson.

the game was a lot closer than the scoreline suggests and I'm sure the rams will do better next season and push on for a play off spot.

I'm delighted to get through the game without injuries and looking forward to wild card weekend, which hopefully will happen before I go on holidays...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Shane.C wrote: »
    I'm back for this one, so i'll rejoin the league ASAP

Welcome back

Ravens are delighted to see the Cardinals back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

daflood wrote: »
    Titans @ Broncos was a game of seriously solid defense and VERY little offense!!

Lesean McCoy got injured in the first run play for the Broncos and the favour was returned in the second half when they injured Jahvid Best.

The linebacker play for the Titans was savage and really stopped my short passing and running.

Roy Helu really did NOT step up to the mark when he was given his big chance with LeSeans injury.

Not all that much (apart from great defense... mainly from the Titans) happened til the 4th when it was 6-0 Titans and Helu fumbled it around my own 20 yard line which quickly led to 13-0 deficit.

My next drive went to third down a good few times on the way to be 4th and 7 just inside Titans territory. I went for Manningham, who looks to be on his way out of Denver. He took the ball in mid air between the linebackers and was hit hard in the back, BUT HELD ON to move the chains. Maybe he IS better than a second rounder!

It led to a great touchdown with Megatron going up high giving the corners no chance.

13 - 7 Titans with around 2 mins 40 left.

After kickoff Titans look to run clock, which is defended by the Broncos leading to a 3rd and 10 and a pass attempt which is picked off and brought back to the 20 yard line.

This was a seriously tight game and I only just got it into the endzone from the twenty.

End score 14-13 Broncos

A great game and a great ending (for me anyway:D).

Best of luck Titans with the playoff hunt. Defense like that deserves to be in the playoffs!!

Colts seal AFC South without touching a ball this week but Broncos take the #2 seed from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

adrian522 wrote: »
    49ers beat the Rams 42 -10 to make sure of a wild card spot.

Things started off well for the rams with a TD off of the first play from scrimmage, an 82 yard pass from vick to gresham.

49ers responded on the next drive with a TD pass from Matt Cassell to Devery Henderson 7-7

After a bit of good defensive series from both teams Jamaal charles anounces his comeback with a 44 yard TD run 14-7

In the second quarter the 49ers Defense stood up and came up with a forced fumble that charles turned into another TD 21-7. Right before half time Cassell hit tate on a depp pass but he was dragged down at the 2 as time expired.HT 21-7.

Defenses primarily on top in the 3rd quarter with the rams adding a FG to make it 21-10 but the rams woes continued in the 4th quarter as they turned the ball over a few times and the 49ers added 3 td's including a pick 6 from robinson.

the game was a lot closer than the scoreline suggests and I'm sure the rams will do better next season and push on for a play off spot.

I'm delighted to get through the game without injuries and looking forward to wild card weekend, which hopefully will happen before I go on holidays...

Good game. Charles ran all over me. Injuries to my TE and later Harvin didnt help me any. Kept Britt quiet this time. I really need some work on my running game. Nice joke about the play-offs, with the 49ers and smashing Cards I dont stand a chance. I just hope to win more games.

Is that the end of the all gold streak?

McG wrote: »
    Colts seal AFC South without touching a ball this week but Broncos take the #2 seed from them.

Most likely a colts titans play off again..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

Most likely a colts titans play off again..

Colts v Titans must be one of the biggest rivalries in the boards league. Could be heading for a 4th consecutive playoff meeting.

Colts v Titans must be one of the biggest rivalries in the boards league. Could be heading for a 4th consecutive playoff meeting.

Hopefully the 2nd place winning the play offs will keep true this year :D

The Titans seem to be forgetting the Bills and Raiders can win their next two games and the Titans still must face the Ravens

I wouldn't start looking at playoff games yet ;)

mikemac1 wrote: »
    The Titans seem to be forgetting the Bills and Raiders can win their next two games and the Titans still must face the Ravens

I wouldn't start looking at playoff games yet ;)

Believe me I'm not... But raiders go to the packers on the last game day and have a tough chargers game this week?

The bills have a tough giants game this week and then the colts next week however the colts may rest key starters in that game.

As I've said a few times the ravens is going to be a key game!!!

As I've said a few times the ravens is going to be a key game!!!

True, you did

Enough from me, that's all for next weeks thread :)

True, you did

Enough from me, that's all for next weeks thread :)
    Well myself the bils and raiders may all end up with the same record... Then it gets complicated!

• Advertisement

Just gonna warn you now lads, if the Cards win this week, the back ups will be out in week 17!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Is that the end of the all gold streak?
    Nope hit A before i minded to wear it oops. Still on a 5 game gold wearing winning streak he he

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Raoul

SantryRed wrote: »
    The door is open Raoul :p

Doesn't make a difference really. I will still have to beat him last day of the season. Just means that the game with you wont matter if the eagles lose aswell.

madalig12 wrote: »
    Nope hit A before i minded to wear it oops.

That's the reason you lost :eek:

Do you not need to win to get the same conference record as him?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Just gonna warn you now lads, if the Cards win this week, the back ups will be out in week 17!!

One of the perks associated with being the Raiders, teams are afraid to risk key players. Still an extremely tough match.

Do you not need to win to get the same conference record as him?

What way does the tiebreaker work? I presumed if i beat him by a higher score than i would go through. Perhaps you are right and i need to get the same conference rec then it will come down to record against common games. Do you know for sure what way the rules work?

Nope. Higher score definitely doesn't work. It's conference record, then strength of schedule for wildcard seedings. You win your next two and you're in.

Nope. Higher score definitely doesn't work. It's conference record, then strength of schedule for wildcard seedings. You win your next two and you're in.

Not sure when we will get to play this, could be thursday or friday.

• Advertisement

Raoul wrote: »
    Not sure when we will get to play this, could be thursday or friday.

I'll be about tonight after 10 if suits.

Advertisement