If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for Multi Region Blu-Ray player

Options
  • 09-04-2012 4:31pm

Hey, I'm looking for a multiregion Blu-Ray player that is capeable of playing back both Blu-Ray and DVDs from all regions. Looking to spend no more than 80 euro on it and have my eye on the TOSHIBABDX1200 but it seems to be an instore offer only. Any other player that I can order online?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Darko.

Unfortunatley all the Blu Ray player that we stock are not multi region for Blu Ray and only for DVD.

The Toshiba BDX1200 that you mention again is only Multi region for DVD :(

It could be difficult to get a plyer that will do this. There are some places online that will crack them but it involves sending them your player.

Hi Darko.

Unfortunatley all the Blu Ray player that we stock are not multi region for Blu Ray and only for DVD.

The Toshiba BDX1200 that you mention again is only Multi region for DVD :(

It could be difficult to get a plyer that will do this. There are some places online that will crack them but it involves sending them your player.

The BDX1200 is easily made multi region for Blu-Ray, it takes all of 30 seconds to update the firmware and make it play back discs from anywhere. Ive done it on a few of them. That said its a pretty poor player and has trouble playing back a lot of discs, Drive, Tinker Tailor, Meloncholia and dozens more are unwatchable on it thanks to screen juttering. All that in mind it's still an ideal budget player for playing back American discs.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Darko.

Thanks for the update.

Unfortunatley we can only sell them non multi region.
    If you multi region it and it was to cause a problem with the player it could void the warranty. I just have to make you aware of this.

The Toshiba BX1200 Milti region for DVD would cost £59.95 and £12.99 to have it delviered.

I currently have these in stock and ready to ship :)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.