Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pre-installed (host-provided) Joomla

Options
  • 09-04-2012 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭

I need FTP access to preinstalled (host based) Joomla files of one of my client site. I mean files that can't be edited through Joomla (plugin css's).
    I can't see them between other FTP files.
    Links from html codes show correct location, but when I use FTP client (WinCommander) I cant see any Joomla files or folders. Is there any trick??
    I usually install my own Joomla package on the FTP, but this time client used host-provided (preinstalled) Joomla and I have problem.

It's Blacknight (http://www.blacknight.com/) based but I could not find andy help on their website. I presume it's some standard trick I don't know?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Contact their support would be the first step as hosting talk isnt allowed on here.

However if you have the control panel login you need to get the app id for the Joomla install. The ftp root folder needs to be set to point to the location of the Joomla auto install, its not in the root folder of the standard ftp login which is probably where you are currently accessing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

I know hosting talk is banned here, just pointed provider in case someone has some experience with them. But I presume that it is standard trick so maybe someone can help with that mysterious auto install.
    My problem is that it should be done for tomorrow so I rather reinstall plugin than wait for answer from hosting guys.

Did you even read the rest of my post? I explained to you what you need to do already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Moved from Design.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

• Advertisement

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

If you're having issues just contact our support staff .. http://www.blacknight.com/support.html

Advertisement