Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Complete the Short Story

• 09-04-2012 4:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭

I thought it would be a quite interesting English activity to write an ever continuing short story with every user submitting a short segment, based on the previous post. Maybe we can generate a best seller here (I claim 100% profit, by the way :)) or it would be a complete failure. Not sure where this thread should be situated, however this is specifically aimed at LC students.

*** ANY PLAGIARISM OF ANY KIND, will result in immediate decapitation and instant failure in Leaving Certificate English. You have been warned! ***

Okay I'll start off....
    The banquet had ended, and so the young poet Emil took leave into the rainy hours of midnight. He was last to emerge from the towering gates of the dining hall, heavily respiring the countryside air. Passaging through the narrow village alleys, oxygen drove wine vapour from his head. The notary Mr. Aberg shook his head in disapproval of Emil's habits. Awkwardly peering his bald head through the ground floor, moss infested window every Saturday evening, he prepared dough for a restaurant two blocks down. Emil could only muster an apathetic facial expression, hastening himself, taking short note of Aberg's intimidating gaze. Rummaging through his stained trouser pockets, he withdrew a contact card. "Yvonne... Yvonne...", the name whimsically bobbing in his mind while articulating aloud the card's text. Emil was out late past regional curfew, with no further buses scheduled to depart for home. Yvonne was the only person who could be reliably referred to when in need of shelter, but even she grew irate of his irresponsible antics.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

The banquet had ended, and so the young poet Emil took leave into the rainy hours of midnight. He was last to emerge from the towering gates of the dining hall, heavily respiring the countryside air. Passaging through the narrow village alleys, oxygen drove wine vapour from his head. The notary Mr. Aberg shook his head in disapproval of Emil's habits. Awkwardly peering his bald head through the ground floor, moss infested window every Saturday evening, he prepared dough for a restaurant two blocks down. Emil could only muster an apathetic facial expression, hastening himself, taking short note of Aberg's intimidating gaze. Rummaging through his stained trouser pockets, he withdrew a contact card. "Yvonne... Yvonne...", the name whimsically bobbing in his mind while articulating aloud the card's text. Emil was out late past regional curfew, with no further buses scheduled to depart for home. Yvonne was the only person who could be reliably referred to when in need of shelter, but even she grew irate of his irresponsible antics.

Emil decided that he would contact Yvonne, she had once been a good friend but Emil and her had not got along since the time he burned her car as a practical joke. Emil had been unaware that Yvonne's family had been in the car at the time and things were now awkward between the two. As Emil searched through the contacts on his phone for her number, he could see Mr. Aberg peeking out the ground floor window. Emil lost it! He ran to the window and without thinking, he kicked the glass. The glass flew back stabbing Mr. Aberg in the eye. "Ow, my eyeball" shouted Mr. Aberg. "I thought I told you to stop spying on me" whispered Emil in a taunting voice. Emil's blue eyes turned a menacing red. "You wouldn't hurt an old man like me, would you?" whimpered Mr. Aberg."
    "Take this baldy" replied Emil reaching for something in his coat. "Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo" screamed Mr. Aberg for a very long time. "Wow, that was a long time to scream for" said Emil with an amazed look on his face similar to how a dog who ate a nice piece of cake would look like if the dog really liked cake. "Are you going to kill me" asked Mr. Aberg. "No, even worse" said Emil. Emil slowly showed what he had in his coat. It was the boxset of Fair City with extended scenes. "No No, please no, don't make me watch it" screamed Mr. Aberg nearly fainting. These were Mr. Aberg's last words, as Mr. Aberg's head exploded, as the very thought of watching Fair City with extended scenes was to much for him to handle.

The End

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement