Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dual Graphics Conflict

Options
  • 09-04-2012 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭

I currently use a Dell Latitude D430 netbook with a Dell PD01X docking station. The docking has a PCI slot and I have an old NVS Quadro 280 in there which feeds two 19" monitors. I have a third monitor connected to the VGA port on the dock. This all works fine giving me an extended desktop across 3 monitors - BTW, I'm running Windows XP as the external card wont work with Windows 7.

So, what's the problem I hear you ask.

Well the D430 is a bit sluggish at times even though I have the max of 2GB RAM in there. So I also have a Dell Latitude D830 which has twice the RAm and a faster dual core processor. The D830 is also compatible with the Dock so I did a clean Windows XP install dropped it into the dock and installed the drivers.
    Problem is it wont seem to run both the internal graphics and the external at the same time - I get an error Code 12 on the PCI graphics in Device Manager - "This device cannot find enough free resources to start..."
    :mad::confused:

Any suggestins on how to get over this would be very much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Try killing some of the onboard stuff in the bios that your not using, Firewire etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Joey Joe-Joe Jr

Thanks for the reply - I had already tried that, killed pretty much everything. Network, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Cellular, Parallel, Serial...

No joy :(

Advertisement