Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Heart of Gaming

Options
  • 09-04-2012 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭

There is a new arcade just outside london called the heart of gaming, they have arcade and console set ups and pretty much anything you want to play.

I was thinking about going in 2 weeks time for 3rd strike, they are holding an arcade session and all the top players are coming down for the day, matches are also being recorded and a stream is being put out.

Flights are 29 euros return with ryanair and ive looked at accommodation which is about 12 euros a night.

I would be leaving friday night and returning sunday morning.

If anybody is interested in going let me know within the next 24 hours because i will be booking a flight soon so i have to consider what my accommodation plans will be because if i go by myself i may seek alternative accommodation with one of the london players.

photo2-1.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

I'd be up for this :)

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

hmmmm interesting... if dates are suitable for me id like to go

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭chunkis

I booked my flight, it cost 52 euros.

GOING OUT

From Dublin T1 (DUB) to London (Luton) (LTN)
    Fri, 27Apr12 Flight FR 342 Depart DUB at 22:00 and arrive LTN at 23:05

COMING BACK

From London (Luton) (LTN) to Dublin T1 (DUB)
    Sun, 29Apr12 Flight FR 331 Depart LTN at 06:40 and arrive DUB at 07:50

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭chunkis

some of you might have heard two of the UK`s fighting game players passed away in the last week, so i am heading over to a tournament that is going to commemorate both of these players.

here is the trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJ1RoOHnAMc

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Sorry to go offtopic but i didnt know that about circle masher. Such a sound bloke :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

When dates are available post em up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭J0hnick

Thanks for this, the misses was wondering were we should go for our next weekend away at the end of August, I half wanted to go to London anyway for other reasons but this just sealed the deal :)

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Goody2shoes15

These guys are super nice. We rocked up one night in May, late cause of a delayed flight, and they personally showed us around, talked about future plans and extended an open invite to any irish player to come along and be made welcome. From the people in scenes I've encountered and spoken to, particularly at cannes, these guys seem to be the closest vision to the irish scene, close knit and doing it for the love of the games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

These guys are super nice. We rocked up one night in May, late cause of a delayed flight, and they personally showed us around, talked about future plans and extended an open invite to any irish player to come along and be made welcome. From the people in scenes I've encountered and spoken to, particularly at cannes, these guys seem to be the closest vision to the irish scene, close knit and doing it for the love of the games.

Yeh, we met the lads over in Cannes.

Irish v English? Surely we could have some sort of series :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

I'm really interested in coming back to HoG, maybe we should all make a day trip out of it this month or next?

Advertisement