Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish whiskey

Options
  • 09-04-2012 6:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭

I'm planning on buying a bottle of Irish whiskey to someone as a gift, preferably around €30-40. However I don't know anything about whiskeys, so any recommendations? I think he's tried Tyrconnell, Connemara Whiskey and Tullamore Dew. It would definitely have to be Irish and something that can be found easily enough in off-licences. Thanks. :)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Redbreast 12yr old is 40e ish. should be able to pick it up in most off licenes.

The nicest by a long shot in your budget range imo

greenspot is about 45e and is also a beautiful whiskey depending where you live can be awkward to find _sometimes_

both are pot still.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Just bought my uncle a Powers John's Lane, €55 and quite widely available but comes very highly recommended.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭shy-tall-knight

From the examples you've given your friend seems to have an appreciation for various types of Irish whiskey varying from one of the scale like Connamara to a traditional blended whiskey like Tullamore Dew. That really gives you loads of options, redbreast is certainly one I would consider. Michael Collins single malt is also a seriously underated whiskey in my book and would be usually my type of thing for around that price, last time I got it think it was around the 40 euro mark

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭suomi

Thanks for the replies! I was going to get the Redbreast one but in the end went for Green Spot, just because it's rarer. :p Thanks again!

Advertisement