Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home office build €800

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Pics might help, most of the time you will end up with an extra lead or two from the power supply, just make sure that all the components you have installed have power going to them.

I'm not sure about the lead from the case, I think things like that are usually on the bottom right of the MB.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,638 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

ok tried turning on this morning, power led works, cpu fan works, case fan works..... screen wont work? i guess ive something not connected or incorrectly connected

heres a few pics.

pic 3 and 4 show some cables still free
    pic 5 shows what think is a usb 3 connector?
    pic 6 shows the bottom of my mobo with some free headers?
    pic 7 shows the sata connectors and the ram
    pic 9 shows the dvd rw and HD.. how do i fix teh dvd?? theres no screw points ?

pic 10 shows the quatro 600 graphic card. does this take a separate power connector?

pic 13, any reason this is spare?

pic 14 + 18 are general pics

thanks in advance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Pic 003 is fine, ignore those cables.

Pic 004, that 4+4-pin CPU power should go into an 8-pin socket towards the top of the motherboard. I'm not sure, but I think that's it on the bottom right of pic 018.

Pic 005 is a USB 3.0 connetion for the ports on the front of your case. There should be a header (connection) for that on the bottom of your motherboard, if it has one (not sure).

All the rest are where they're supposed to be and can be ignored.

yes!! thank you... its up and running... :D

i dont think the mobo has a header for the usb 3.0 but its ok as there are 2 other 3.0 ports in the rear. On the ram, does it matter which slots they are in? or is it just fill one skip one?

must go install windows now :P

im having trouble booting from the dvd... its giving me the choice at the coot screen, but when i select dvd it seems to be reading but then just goes back to "reboot and select proper boot device, insert boot media....."

:confused:

edit: sorted
    i had the dvd connected to the sata 3 port... worked when connected to sata 2

• Advertisement

Thanks for that, booted up.. but another problem...

im getting this in a dos cmd.exe box

x:\windows\system32>wpeinit
    x:\windows\system32>

What do you mean exactly? You're getting a black screen with only a DOS box, or you are in Windows and getting this when you open a DOS box or what?

ok, well i first put in teh windows "preinstall" disk ?? was that correct?

now im getting a dos box opened, its not a full screen.. with the above in it.
    its entitled:
    administer x:\windows\system32\cmd.exe

i havent touched anything since booting from the disk

Windows Preinstall disk?

sorry... officially..

'windows 7 OEM preinstallation kit' disk

• Advertisement

should i boot straight from the windows 7 disk??

Umm... I'm going to go ahead and assume it's a bog-standard Win7 disk. I've never had that happen, so I'm not sure what's going on. If Windows has installed correctly, maybe try starting in safe mode if you can, and check what's set to run on startup.

should have said, i received two disks with the windows 7 package.. a win 7 disk and this preinstall disk.

ill just try boot straight from the win 7 disk.

edit; this is getting confusing
    can i not choose another language only german for installation?

Oooooh dear. You'll need to download an English ISO online, and burn it to a disk. I take it you had Win7 Home Premium x64? Link here. Download that, and burn it with this. Then install as normal.

Advertisement