Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 34 captain

• 09-04-2012 6:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭

Straight fight between Rooney and Vpersie for this one

Who will you Captain in Gameweek 34? 36 votes

Wayne Rooney home to Aston Villa
    0%
    Robin Van Persie home to Wigan
    19%
    smokingmanRoonboxWoollyRedHatDeankHairy Nipples 87shadowcomplexgrohlisagod 7 votes
    other
    80%
    SickBoyPWEIbazwinspartacus93gustafororycMr Moonronan.hmailburnerFutureGuyJuxtaposeredarmyShane732MikeCork2009ThanosJax TellerunkymoFatRatmassdebaterMikeyGorse 29 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

other
    Leaning towards RVP right now

Whoever plays best on Wednesday will likely get it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

DazzlerIE wrote: »

Going for Rooney because I think Wigan will be fighting for there lives they played v well against chelsea and got robbed out of the match

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Juxtapose

other

This..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

jimmy mcclean for me this week. going for 3 captain fails in a row :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

other
    manual_man wrote: »

Balls of steel!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

Rooney for me I think, unless RVP goes nuts tonight. United always roll Villa over and has a great record at Old Trafford over the last few months. I also think Wigan is a harder game than Villa at the moment.

other
    Rooney for me I think, unless RVP goes nuts tonight. United always roll Villa over and has a great record at Old Trafford over the last few months. I also think Wigan is a harder game than Villa at the moment.

This is a pretty interesting point

Am going to be looking at DGW players that have games against teams with nothing to play for, it's getting to that stage when mid-table teams start phoning it in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

This is a pretty interesting point

Am going to be looking at DGW players that have games against teams with nothing to play for, it's getting to that stage when mid-table teams start phoning it in

it's very hard to tell. one would have thought based on that that Spurs would have given Norwich a hiding - that didn't happen. but I'm definitely conscious of the 'relegation scrappers', I think in general come this time of the season teams are less likely to rack up big scores against them, as the old survival instincts kick in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

I think the idea that mid-table teams don't make an effort is a bit of a myth, to be honest. For every example to back up the theory, there's at least one other that goes against it.

There are 2 playing for a title, another 4 playing for CL, then 5 down the bottom scraping for their lives. That leaves 9 others... and there's no way are there as many as 9 teams who are happy to play half-assed games in the final month.

The likes of Swansea, West Brom, and Norwich will be looking at getting the extra couple of million that may come with a higher finish... neither Liverpool nor Everton will be happy to finish below the other at this point, to pick out the main ones that come to mind.

The teams left in the FA Cup and CL may rest players... but other than that, I tend not to just presume the likes of Sunderland and Stoke are going to roll over and get spanked in the final games. MON said he'd be resting people... yet only made one change in the game against Everton, and that was Bendtner, so it doesn't count. :P And they actually got spanked by an Everton that rested 3 of their best players!

I just don't buy it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

other
    Decision made -- it's RVP for me. United looking like they had too many Easter eggs and Rooney not on form.

• Advertisement

other
    Yea it has to be RVP after that

Arsenal's passing style will garner more results against Wigan than United IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Rooney for me,United got a kick in the arse tonight and Villa are a nothing team.Wigan are in good form at the moment,deserved to beat United and were robbed against Chelsea so Arsenal won't find it easy against them.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Juxtapose

other
    zerks wrote: »
    Rooney for me,United got a kick in the arse tonight and Villa are a nothing team.Wigan are in good form at the moment,deserved to beat United and were robbed against Chelsea so Arsenal won't find it easy against them.

Completely agree. Whilst RVP is the obvious choice, United always bounce back hard. Villa have been shocking of late, whilst Wigan look very good.

Still a toss up but definately siding with Rooney at the mo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

other
    I said before this gameweek that whoever scored highest would get the armband for next week and I'm sticking with that. Rooney been taken off so early does not inspire confidence. RVP scoring 15 points in the reverse fixture does.

A week of trolling my rivals too, going to start the gameweek with Sorenson, Dempsey, Cisse and Baines in my starting 11 with Sess, Verm, Vorm and Siggy to leap from the bench once the gameweek concludes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

manual_man wrote: »

Hahahaha I love it. I wish you luck. Hopefully you'll fail again :).

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭RB100

anyone think Sess is in for a running at home v Wolves?

other
    RB100 wrote: »
    anyone think Sess is in for a running at home v Wolves?

Defo worth a punt!! Anyone agaist Wolves has a chance of scoring well!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

Note to self: Follow your own advice!

other
    Defo worth a punt!! Anyone agaist Wolves has a chance of scoring well!

How wrong was I!!!!:pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement