Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

He put it in the recycling bin

• 09-04-2012 6:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭

Was talking with my neighbour at his front garden when his dog did a poop. He went to the recycling bin took a piece of newspaper, picked up the poop and fecked the whole lot back in the recycling bin.

I reminded him that the bin is not for the poop but he just laughed it off and told it that it would ‘dis in ta grate’. This is disgusting, are the rest of us just wasting our time sorting and rinsing. wtf?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

Chinasea wrote: »
    Was talking with my neighbour at his front garden when his dog did a poop. He went to the recycling bin took a piece of newspaper, picked up the poop and fecked the whole lot back in the recycling bin.

I reminded him that the bin is not for the poop but he just laughed it off and told it that it would ‘dis in ta grate’. This is disgusting, are the rest of us just wasting our time sorting and rinsing. wtf?

All this means is that your neighbour is an idiot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

if he's okay with poo in his recycling bin, you should make your own contribution

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

Spa. I'm a recycling obsessive and spend a lot of time sorting all my rubbish into it's seperate bins. We have a seperate bin outside my apartment block for plastics and tin and I see my neighbours have thrown their regular rubbish in there and I wonder why do I bother my hole. Grr.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

All this means is that your neighbour is an idiot

And that some poor fecker's gonna have a chocolate surprise, so soon after Easter, too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

unfortunately op we live in a world where idiots like your neighbour live under the impression that one person does not make a difference, so they dont care about what goes in which bin.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭MickySticks

I think you should mind your own business tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Mr.Biscuits

Wow, he put matter in his recycle bin?

Damn, Windows 8 must be better than I expected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Mance Rayder

If that's the only issue you have with your neighbours you should consider yourself lucky. I suggest you mind your own business. He pays for his bins, and its not your place to tell him what to do with them. At least he puts it in his bin, around my area they just let their dogs sh!t anywhere they want.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

i disagree, i dont want to go all "greenpeace" but we do need to educate people like op's neighbour because what he is doing is essentially redundant. recycling is nothing but a good thing but only if it is done correctly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

if he's okay with poo in his recycling bin, you should make your own contribution

Aah the good old dirty protest. It's the Irish way :cool: :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

I fail to see the problem.

Unless he gets caught, he can do what he wants with his bin.

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Ms. Pingui

What's wrong with reminding someone not to put ****e in the recycling bin? It's not something you should have to be reminded about in the first place!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

What a horrible bastard.. He should have fcuked it over the fence into the next garden like any normal person would

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

As a responsible dog owner, I always use a poo bag to clean up and then put it in an appropriate bin. People who do not clean up after their dogs disgust me, because the likeliest victims of the diseases that are spread this way are dogs themselves, the animals they are supposed to look after properly. The are not suitable people to take care of their pets and they also give all dog owners a bad name. The belief, mentioned by one poster, that those who do not follow the environmental rules are convinced that their action will make no difference, is wrong, but deeply ingrained in some. In a way, it's a "Tragedy of the Commons" situation all over again.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 901 ✭✭✭ChunkyLover_53

Gonna go out on a limb here and say the vast majority of the populations of China & India aren't even using a green bin, let alone pooping in one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I put my rubbish in whatever bin's closest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 901 ✭✭✭ChunkyLover_53

phasers wrote: »

Won't be eating bread out of your bread bin so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

phasers wrote: »

You just throw it out the nearest window! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭shancoduff

Gonna go out on a limb here and say the vast majority of the populations of China & India aren't even using a green bin, let alone pooping in one.

Stop putting things into perspective :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Won't be eating bread out of your bread bin so.
    I keep my bread in the microwave

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Killed By Death

I recyle reluctantly but I draw the line at rinsing things. <mad rebel>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

You should report this person to the authorities.

In some countries the feces of dogs are recorded with license and can be traced by DNA to their owners if found discarded in public areas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Besides, surely the proper thing to do is to flush the dog poo down the toilet? You wouldn't shit in a bin (recycling or otherwise) so why should you put dog waste in it? And you should always wipe the dog's hole after he defecates.. you don't want them licking themselves clean and spreading nasty diseases like.

I've given up on trying to sort out the recycling in the shared bin for the three flats. I can tell my flatmate off for putting the wrong things in the green bin, but then I open the bin and see a half eaten (cooked) chicken in there, plus bags of dirty nappies from the annoying little cow who used to live below us (but in her case it would have been just too lazy to go two feet over for the black bin). The other guys using the bin thought that "anything organic recycles, right?"

When I shared a house with two other girls, I used to go out the night before bin day, throw the green bin over on it's side and just sort through it piece by piece, chucking out the weird stuff they'd put in (like food "it's in a cardboard box so it recycles"); unused condoms in their foil still, clothes, plastic bags which the recycling company didn't actually take ("It's got the recycling symbol on it") and glass. But there is no WAY I'm going to do this for our bin shared between the flats. I have no idea what's in there. I don't wanna know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Chinasea

If we can't even be bothered to be careful where we put waste such as poop than what hope do we have. Even if it wasn't sh*t in this example, why contaminate the whole bin just because you can. Can we judge a country by the contents and state of their recycling bins? I very much doubt if you would see this in a countries like Sweden or Denmark where people just seem to have an inherent respect for their environment and for simple basic little rules.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

I thought this was going to be something to do with computers :(

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Firegaurd

Dog Poop in the Recycle Bin :eek:

I thought it was cats that went in that bin

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭janja

Ellis Dee wrote: »
    As a responsible dog owner, I always use a poo bag to clean up and then put it in an appropriate bin. People who do not clean up after their dogs disgust me, because the likeliest victims of the diseases that are spread this way are dogs themselves, the animals they are supposed to look after properly. The are not suitable people to take care of their pets and they also give all dog owners a bad name. The belief, mentioned by one poster, that those who do not follow the environmental rules are convinced that their action will make no difference, is wrong, but deeply ingrained in some. In a way, it's a "Tragedy of the Commons" situation all over again.:([
    Totally agree, really annoys me to see people let their dogs sh!t anywhere. I too am a responsible dog owner and ALWAYS clean up after her.

• Advertisement
Advertisement