Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Water Pump Problems

Options
  • 09-04-2012 6:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi all, I hope someone on here can help ... the water pump in my apartment is not working.

It normally comes on automatically when the taps are turned on but its not pumping any water at all or responding when the taps are turned on. There is power getting to it; the status l.e.d lights up.

I switched it off at the mains and switched it back on again. The pump made a buzzing noise but i got no water flow. the buzzing stopped after a few seconds, then the pump heated up so i switched it off. Also i got a faint smell of burning.

Should i get a plumber in? an electritian? or sholud i try and get a service call out from the manufacturer? (the make is salamander)

Any advice would be great, thanks

Comments

Advertisement