Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hdmi and optical cable xbox 360 hook-up?

Options
  • 09-04-2012 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,264 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    i tried to fit both connections on the back of the xbox console, but fitment to tight,online was told you can take optical cable casing apart so both can fit ,did this,both now can fit,but a waste of time,you connect one the other cuts out or vice/versa.
    can you have both signals coming out of hdmi and optical at same time?
    my son wants to record xbox games for youtube so connected dvd recorder with optical this works,but have to disconnect the hdmi cable to send signal to optical cable everytime he wants to record? pain!!!
    any advice thks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,264 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

darced wrote: »
    Do you get both channels hdmi and optical at same time both cables pluged in ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

• Registered Users Posts: 5,264 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

No, does not work for me ,plug both cables in hdmi over rides optical cable.
    have to unplug one or the other cant run both ?

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭robk24

is your xbox resetting if you change the tv settings?

if you open the metal casing carefully there is a cable looped back on the plug between two pins (26 and 28). cut it or remove it and it will work fine. snap the housing back together and your done...

see here:

http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=803048

or

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=13334757

hope it helps....

• Advertisement
Advertisement