Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My bloody valentine?

Options
  • 09-04-2012 6:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

Anyone know what the deal is with them? The reformed a few years ago and said they were going to finally finish the third album but then without breaking up they seemed to just disappear! I know they're supposedly releasing their 2 albums remastered in may along with a compilation of eps and unreleased material but I doubt that's what they meant by their third album.
    I wish they'd just tour so I could get my ears blown to bits cause I've never seen them live yet - I was too young :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Manchegan

Kevin Shields Teases New My Bloody Valentine LP

Pitchfork April 6, 2012

"You never know, we might finish it really quickly!"

Would sir like a pinch of salt with that quote?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

I reckon it won't be any later than the end of this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭MrVoracious

Thats perfect! Have to hand it to him, he does everything at his own pace and won't give into pressure by releasing a half finished job :D

Anyone get the remasters yet? I just got them all today.. it'd be brilliant to see them get up high in the charts (not that it really maters)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭Ape X

Was tempted in Tower earlier... They had some offer on if you bought all three discs together. Think it was three for €40 as opposed to €17 each?

Spent way too much on music this week already though :o

• Advertisement

Ape X wrote: »
    Was tempted in Tower earlier... They had some offer on if you bought all three discs together. Think it was three for €40 as opposed to €17 each?

Spent way too much on music this week already though :o

Haha I know the story - think I spent over €100 this week! So worth it :D
    I got them in hmv for €35!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

I don't know how reliable a source this is but it goes give hope for a new album pretty soon:
    http://mrscottmusicblog.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/news-new-my-bloody-valentine-album-and.html

I also picked up the remastered Isn't Anything and the EP compilation today. Isn't Anything is an album that I always felt needed to be remastered and I must say that I am happy with the results. It's also great to have their 1988 to 1991 EPs on CD with better sound quality rather than mp3s. I didn't get the remastered Loveless because I think the album sounds perfect the way it is already and I don't want to hear it any other way.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Sl!mCharles

I want to grab Isn't Anything myself, never got around to listening to it, and I've heard good things about it.

Advertisement