Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stout problem

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

Sky King wrote: »
    Ye all know that using washing up liquid to clean the glasses kills the head right??

A dishwasher is the only way.

My stout and ale comes out lovely with a rough pour and the head lasts grand on it for the most part.

The dishwasher detergents contain a rinse aid that leaves a film and kills the head retention. I read somewhere that most washing up liquids don't have rinse aids so are ok to use. I just rinse out the glass, throw some salt in and scrub it around the inside and lip of the glass and rinse out with hot water. Seems to work fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭mished

Well lads we tried the first bottle of my stout tonight, it's really really nice :)
    I am delighted. It's only a week bottled. I got 44 x 500ml bottles out of the kit.
    Thanks for all your tips, I put a photo in the photo section if you want to see it.

Mished

Advertisement