Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ATV2 to Amplifier Problem

• 09-04-2012 7:44pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12

Hi guys

I have a pioneer vsx-421 and have my apple tv connected to it via hdmi, but i can't get audio off it, can anyone help please??

I can get picture to the projector via hdmi but no audio from the amp/speakers connected to the amplifier (5 in-wall speakers and 1 sub-woofer)

I've connected a PS3 and other sources and can get picture and audio no problem but the audio from the apple tv is causing me a problem.

Please help.:(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 79 ✭✭Hifi Keith

Is there not a DHCP issue?

Does the apple not come with an optical output?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭dharn

are you using a hdmi lead with arc ( i think that means audio return circuit )also ther might be one specific hdmi connection on the back of your amp for arc

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

dharn wrote: »
    are you using a hdmi lead with arc ( i think that means audio return circuit )also ther might be one specific hdmi connection on the back of your amp for arc

arc is to return audio from the tv to the amplifier, has nothing to do with this.

OP, can you confirm that when you connect the ps3 up to the same HDMI input on the AVR(not another HDMI input) that without changing any settings you can get audio?

did he not say i cannot get audio from my tv to amp ??? so perhaps it has everything to do with it, hdmi connection needs hdmi lead 1.4 v

I have a pioneer vsx-421 and have my apple tv connected to it via hdmi, but i can't get audio off it,

did he not say i cannot get audio from my tv to amp ??? so perhaps it has everything to do with it, hdmi connection needs mdmi lead 1.4 v

no, he didnt.

ATV2, Apple TV2, small streamer which is a source, not a display. Quite clearly says apple tv in the first line. Apple don't make a TV, the Apple TV is a streamer

http://www.apple.com/appletv/what-is/

• Advertisement

oops.. just presumed it was a tv/monitor very confusing that they call it apple tv ,not a fan of apple products in general

oops.. just presumed it was a tv/monitor very confusing that they call it apple tv ,not a fan of apple products in general

no worries, but just fyi, arc is audio return channel, not circuit

i have recently bough a denon 2311 and i am in the process of connecting it to a panasonic viera tv via hdmi, i hope to connect all sources to the amp and connect amp to tv via one mdmi lead with arc, it is a very steep learning curve i am waiting for arrival of hdmi lead at present so time will tell how it all goes

it may or may not work, some tv's do not send multichannel received from HDMI inputs back out on ARC, they limit to stereo only.

ARC's primary focus was to deliver audio from the internal tuner in the tv back to the audio device, not from the HDMI inputs, so different manufacturers have taken different approaches, hope it works for you but just be aware it may not

thanks mossy, seem like i might have to have more dialogue with you in the future :)

• Advertisement

op, think i may have found something that could be your problem

http://www.avforums.com/forums/apple-tv/1601000-atv2-dual-sound-output.html

try turning off dolby digital in your settings and just output stereo

Advertisement