Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Junior cert Art Project advice

• 09-04-2012 8:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 169 ✭✭

As a jc student myself, I've found it extremely difficult trying to find exactly what I need to do, even reading the official exam board document I got confused by all the support studies and preparation? So I started this thread for anyone else who have the same problem as me. So if anyone has any advice, tips or past students "should have done's" please share right here.

Now my story :D :
    I chose Looking at Nature and have been focusing on butterflies but developed from a cat looking at one and a bird on a watering can looking at one too :L
    All I have left to do is support studies sheet and I'm a bit stressed. I just found an artist who paints loads of butterflies after days of searching! I'm wondering is there writing needed and what is needed to be written about? I'm going to do one or two of his paintings for sure, but not the same and put the original on it. The problem is I've just realized when I print it out it will probably blur?
    Also I think I'm missing something important, so far I have done:
    A sheet for Research drawings and paintings for the book cover
    A sheet for my almost finished book cover (think I might re-do it I think its bad)
    A sheet for the 3D piece - mask which I have put one colour and one shaded drawings of the mask design and that's all, should I put a butterfly or two on it?
    I am preparing research drawings for my lino piece at the moment which will include the first print, a drawing of the actual butterfly with leaves that is on it and I'm going to put a potted plant on it too.

Should there be another sheet for the complete lino print and another sheet for the actual design of the mask?
    Is there writing needed on every sheet, excluding the usual titles.

Thanks so much

Advertisement