Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for Vegan Participants for a photo essay

Options
  • 09-04-2012 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm doing a photography project in college, photo essay and article, about vegans. The general idea is to photograph vegans at home with their weekly shopping, and then do a short interview about the vegan lifestyle. It's based on this project from Time magazine - http://www.time.com/time/photogallery/0,29307,1626519_1373704,00.html

I'm based in Dublin and I'm looking to do it over the next two weeks, so if you'd be interested in taking part drop me a pm and let me know, happy to answer any questions too, cheers :)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 87 ✭✭Serendipity99

Sounds like a nice project. Just a few questions...

Are you vegan yourself?

Can you tell us more about the project and if it is part of a college course?

How many people will get to see the photos and the information about veganism? (I'm all for getting the message out there!).

Thanks!
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

Sure no problem...

I'm not vegan myself, just vegetarian (sorry!)

It's for college, for a photojournalism module in a journalism course

I'll be trying to get it published, but it's not something I can guarantee. Or that's all that likely! I will be posting the article pictures on my personal blog and they'll likely end up on the college website at some point too. I'll happily share the photos with the people involved though.

The general idea for the project itself is to look at what it's actually like to be vegan, that's why the person and the food they eat are the focus. I've found myself that people have a very stereotypical perception of what a vegan will look like and what they'll eat, especially in conversations since I stopped eating meat. I think by showing both person and their food alongside an article about a vegan lifestyle and why people choose it, it would remove the scope to just dismiss it and apply a stereotype. The shopping basket/trolley is familiar too, I think everyone can relate to it, and there's always that hint of voyeurism that draws you in with what is a personal aspect of someone else's life.

Hope that made some degree of sense, and sorry I took a while to reply, I've been in lectures all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Stressica

i wouldn't mind being involved either :) do you have to be form dublin? /:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭smeedyova

I'd be willing to help but only through email...if that's any good pm me...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

Hi, sorry for not posting back, last few weeks in college so I've been a bit distracted.

I had to go with a different project in the end, just didn't get enough people in time so sorry to anyone who wanted to be involved. I do appreciate you offering though and again, sorry for being so slow to reply.

• Advertisement
Advertisement