Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donabate - what's it like?

Options
  • 09-04-2012 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have any experience of living in the Donabate area? It seems like it's pretty quiet from what I can find out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭NoHarm1994

Hi,
    Im only 17 but I have been living here for basically all my life. Donabate is by no means quite, there is always a very nice atmosphere around the village.

If you are interested in golf there is 5 courses in a close proximity. Also Donabate took part in both 'Celebrity Bainisteoir' on RTÉ and 'An G-Team' on TG4 last year, so I feel that it is safe to say that Donabate is a place that is only going to grow in the future.

I should also mention that there is a brand new secondary school here, with state of the art facilities (or so I have heard from students attending school there).

All in all I feel that Donabate is a very pleasant suburban area with plenty for people of all ages to do!

Hope I was of some help!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭sharper

Cheers NoHarm! I actually meant quiet as a good thing :D If you're used to the city centre with the police helicopter hovering overhead most nights, lots of traffic noise and noisy people it takes on a whole other meaning!

haha oh sorry, that mix up obviously comes as a result of my teenage immaturity :P
    It is not like the back *** of Connemara but I doubt you will have many run ins with noisy helcopters and traffic if you know what I mean ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Saf33

Hi does anyone know if there is a bus from donabate to Portmarnock community school?

As far as I know there used to be a private coach bus organised by the parents, but Im not sure if this is still running? Most kids in Donabate are going to the local Donabate Community School now. There are still a few though who get the commuter to Malahide then a 102 to Portmarnock Community School.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Saf33

Thanks so much for the reply would you know how I'd find out if the bus is still running?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Inbox

Saf33 wrote: »
    Thanks so much for the reply would you know how I'd find out if the bus is still running?

Ring the school

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Bit of a necro thread :D

Coincidentally, moved into the area myself about 3 weeks ago. Knew it roughly from previously living in the Fingal area. It has a large youth element but in fairness harmless and just kicking footballs around, hanging around the shops, usual stuff.

Paddys day came in our first week in the apartment, we are right on the main street, and there wasn't a hiccup. Pretty much everything you need local, with a train station and a bus ( not sure if its any use).

Pretty happy with the move myself. Although beware, I had no idea and its after nearly ruining me. No fibre optic in the area, so no UPC BB, only magnet and eircom where you pay over the odds for a 10 year old technology and speed ;)

Advertisement