Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DKIT nursing degree equal to University degree

Options
  • 09-04-2012 10:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi,
    I am looking to go back to college as a mature student to do nursing. I have 2 kids and the most practicle place for me to study would be Dundalk IT. I was just wondering would my degree be on a equal footing as say someone with a nursing degree from Trinity to employers?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

At the end of the day, a degree from a IT carries the same weight as a degree from a "traditional" university academically. There will always be a prestige factor in the eyes of some folks, but the majority of employers won't care who issued it.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭elainerut

Grande wrote: »
    Hi,
    I am looking to go back to college as a mature student to do nursing. I have 2 kids and the most practicle place for me to study would be Dundalk IT. I was just wondering would my degree be on a equal footing as say someone with a nursing degree from Trinity to employers?
    Hey i'm a 3rd yr there and dkit has one of the best programmes in the country apparently. Its a fab college. I,m also a mature studdnt and have 3 kids.
    Totally managable. Good luck with application.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Grande

Thanks BuffyBot :D
    And Elaine, wow so great to hear that. I've kinda been a bit worried about the workload and spending time with the kids and paying nursery fees etc cause I'll be on BTEA. It'll be tight but I am determined. My friend who got into Queens was turned down to DKIT when they were still doing interviews so they must have a high application rate. It's my 1st choice though so keep your fingers crossed for me :D

Advertisement