Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wexford football

Options
  • 09-04-2012 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

How will they do in the championship do ye think
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

I think they may slip up tomorrow against Longford.

That Ryan has decided to drop their best forward from the league does not look too clever.

That he has dropped him for playing a soccer match a few weeks ago is an even more silly reason.

A simple situation handled very poorly by the Wexford management.

Dont be suprised if they lose tomorrow and wexford people start looking for Ryans head on a plate

• Registered Users Posts: 25 garys

I think they may slip up tomorrow against Longford.

That Ryan has decided to drop their best forward from the league does not look too clever.

That he has dropped him for playing a soccer match a few weeks ago is an even more silly reason.

A simple situation handled very poorly by the Wexford management.

Dont be suprised if they lose tomorrow and wexford people start looking for Ryans head on a plate

Whatever happens tomorrow/this year I can't see anyone looking for his head on a plate. Wexford football was a joke before Ryan showed up.

garys wrote: »
    Whatever happens tomorrow/this year I can't see anyone looking for his head on a plate. Wexford football was a joke before Ryan showed up.

You have a short memory, they were not a poor team under Pat Roe.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 garys

You have a short memory, they were not a poor team under Pat Roe.

Fair enough Roe took us to a League final.... but the leinster final that Ryan managed Wexford to in 2008 was Wexfords first Leinster final in 50 years!!

Yes and that was 4 years ago.

I think they have been a very good team for the last number of years, especially under Ryan. But as with all teams, as soon as you start to punch above your weight, expectations increase. Midfield has been an issue for Wexford for the last few years, it needs to improve if they are to move onto the next level. My point is not made against Ryan, but moreso that in relation to a county like Wexford with limited resources, you cannot afford to drop one of your best scoring forwards over something as trivial as what he has been dropped for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭countygorey

midfield is a good place 2 build from

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Divorce Referendum

Yes and that was 4 years ago.

I think they have been a very good team for the last number of years, especially under Ryan. But as with all teams, as soon as you start to punch above your weight, expectations increase. Midfield has been an issue for Wexford for the last few years, it needs to improve if they are to move onto the next level. My point is not made against Ryan, but moreso that in relation to a county like Wexford with limited resources, you cannot afford to drop one of your best scoring forwards over something as trivial as what he has been dropped for.

Not really imo for the last couple of years quinlavan and waters have formed a decent midfield pairing and I wouldnt see midfiled as a concern. I would agree before that when brendan doyle was starting there as he isnt very mobile. If you look at the match today our biggest problem is in defence and coughing up possession to the opposition from stupid handpassing. Lyng was crying out for a quick kick pass in today and only recieved it on a few occasions. Our defending was probably better than the league but still they gave Longford a number of goalscoring opportunities.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭chieftan65

What a disaster.. 30 secs on the clock, a point up, a free in their own half and they bring out the goal keeper so they can mess around and lose the damn thing. my god a bad under 12 side wouldn't do that. hard thing to say but they didn't actually deserve the draw. masterson should get off his ego boost, he's not actually as good as he likes to think he is, could have been caught a couple of times last sun

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

Can anyone tell me why the two Duffry Rovers players who racially abused Wexford footballer Lee Chin have not been named?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

TheChevron wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me why the two Duffry Rovers players who racially abused Wexford footballer Lee Chin have not been named?

I think they should be named and shamed, if you want to cut this sh1te out you gotta do that. Protecting them means racism carrys on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

TheChevron wrote: »

I'm not in to the GAA but I've seen Lee play soccer and he has the makings of a fine sportsman. I find it odd that the Wexford GAA spokesman on this issue is making a big deal about Lee not deserving this abuse because he is "Wexford born and educated". It's as if it would be OK if he was a blow in. Very poor form I thought

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

oldyouth wrote: »
    I'm not in to the GAA but I've seen Lee play soccer and he has the makings of a fine sportsman. I find it odd that the Wexford GAA spokesman on this issue is making a big deal about Lee not deserving this abuse because he is "Wexford born and educated". It's as if it would be OK if he was a blow in. Very poor form I thought
    I think his heart was in the right place and he was just defending Lee, but it wasnt the best thing to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

I agree, I was surprised when they were not named. It's a disgrace in this day and age that racism like this still goes on.

The Star yesterday had a piece by Jason Sherlock saying he got racial abuse while playing in an ANTI-RACISM soccer match. I mean for forks sake. Where do these people think they get the right to think they're better than others?

Advertisement